“waitress need retraining”

Market Grill
Ranked #38 of 118 Restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 20, 2013

From a senior couple: After reading others' reviews, I thought this would be a bigger restaurant (such as Chili's), but it turned out to be a small diner type. It looked as though they cooked everything on one grill by the sit down counter. As a vegetarian, I was having trouble finding something suitable from the menu to eat, so I asked the waitress for an omelet that was listed there. She slapped her hand on the table and said in a seemingly condescending voice: "We don't serve breakfast for dinner!" (I didn't see that stated on the menu). Obviously, we didn't stay for a meal after that, but left. So I can't review about the food, but the attitude of the waitress gets this place a definite negative vote.

There are newer reviews for Market Grill

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in Cedar city and I looked up this restaurant on TripAdvisor after we finished or first dinner we said, tomorrow we're coming back for sure! If you like meat you're at the right place. Twice my dished were seasoned and cooked to perfection, shame we had to move on to Las Vegas! Waiters were nice, Western atmosphere restaurant.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Had the Scottie Burger (thick cut bacon and Swiss cheese burger) and cheesy broccoli soup.
I love how they put all the fixings on the side so you can 'doctor your burger up' just the way you like ;) it reminds me of all the good old-time small-town cafe's I used to go to as a child.
The burger was awesome, and the soup was great...the real shredded cheese on the top of the soup was a nice addition!
We'll be sure to stop in again soon!!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

While staying at the Quality Inn in Cedar City we asked the front desk about a good place to eat and were told The Market Grill. All I can say is glad we asked. My sister and brother-in-law own a restaurant in our home town so eating at a local place is nice for us. My husband and I each had a burger, he had salad and I had the Cream of Chicken Noodle soup (It was fantastic and homemade). We would have tried the special which was a flat iron steak but they were out of baked potatoes due to the fact that they had fed the firefighters which apparently they do quite often. (Good for them). Very friendly staff and dessert too. (We had banana cream pie.). They do not sell fries since they have no fryer but we didn't miss them a bit. If you are in the area it is worth the stop.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

It was crazy busy due to the livestock auction...but the staff was amazing...food yummy we will be back!!