“Wonderful,romantic”

Chef Alfredo Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #2 of 125 Restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cedar City's Chef Alfredo’s opened its doors to the community in December 2013. The first location in St. George, originally named Piccolo Mondo, was opened by Sicily's own Chef Alfredo Modica in 2011. Chef Alfredo invited Chef Gerardo Reyes to open a sister location in Cedar City. Since its opening, Chef Alfredo's has enjoyed great success thanks to our valued guests and has been privileged to provide food for many special events, including Christmas parties, birthdays, business meetings, family reunions, and more. We at Chef Alfredo's look forward to serving our community for many years to come!
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Perfect in every way. Love it! Amazing service amazing food. My husband lived in Italy for two years and he says it's very close to the real thing. It's our favorite place to eat! Definitely worth the price

2  Thank Cosmoluv
gerardo r, Public Relations Manager at Chef Alfredo Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2015

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the food and the service. We have a new menu now and hope to hear what you think of it! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The service was ok but that's where the ok ends. The bread was not like any Italian bread that I had before, it was like regular white bread toasted. The salad was extra, everything is ala carte . For what they charged for a salad it is way overpriced. I ordered ravioli and it was sad. There was hardly any filling in the ravioli, I paid over $1200.00 for a plate of dough.

3  Thank texasallan

Thank you for your review! We appreciate when guests leave honest reviews. It helps us improve our service and our food! We have made some changes to the staff and to the menu. We have a new menu now and would love for you to come in and give it another try and tell us what you think! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

The food is great. Try it. I will go back. Keep reading for more details . . .

So, I've lived in Cedar City for the past 8 years, and have never had a good experience with Italian food, much less a decent one. I'd heard about Alfredo's and wanted to try it out before it closed, as that seems to be pretty common for Italian restaurants here (seriously, I've seen 4 open and close in the last 5 years).

We stopped in for a Friday lunch, not really knowing what to expect. The decor is nice, though it doesn't go too well with the mostly glass walls. They have fabric tablecloths, stemware, square plates, and I kind of got nervous, as I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The feel to the restaurant is more on-par with The Garden House, though the building isn't the best fit.

I was a little nervous about the prices when I first saw them. It's about $4-8 more than you'd pay at a chain. Yes, the prices are kind of high, AND it's so very worth it. Alfredo's is not the Olive Garden, for the which, I'm exceptionally glad, as the Olive Garden has become disappointing on a fairly consistent basis.

The server kind of sensed our hesitancy and he talked about how the prices are kind of high, but that the portions are Italian style, as in, very generous. We decided to give it a try rather than be super awkward and walk out.

The bread that came out w/ the oil and vinegar was pretty good. It was a little more toasted than I like, but I had 4 pieces, so it obviously wasn't a deal-breaker.

I had the lasagna, my wife had an alfredo w/ mushrooms, and our 2 kids split spaghetti w/ meatballs. It was pretty fantastic. It was the best restaurant lasagna I've had in about a decade. My son, who normally struggles to finish a bowl of pasta at home, had all of his, and half of his sister's (a 4 year old, who was in a foul mood, and refused to try it). My wife thoroughly enjoyed her alfredo and shared a bit with me. True to the server's word, no one was able to finish their entrees, though I gave it my best shot.

The chef came out to chat with us, and seeing the 4 year old being somewhat stormy, said if she tried the spaghetti, that he would bring her a treat. Though she refused to try it, he did bring out an Italian chocolate brownie, that was covered in a strawberry sauce, and had a chocolate mousse on top of that. The 4 year old soon stopped crying, and nearly consumed the whole dessert. My wife and I cheerfully helped her finish it off.

The server was pleasant to interact with, and the chef is top notch. Apparently, the chef was the head chef of an Italian Restaurant at a casino in Las Vegas. It's clear that he knows what he's doing, and Cedar City is quite lucky to have a chef of this caliber here.

While I would have liked to have had a small salad with my entree, I consider Chef Alfredo Ristorante Italiano one of the best dining experiences I've had in YEARS. It crushes the Olive Garden and Buca di Beppo with ease. The meal was filling, but not unpleasantly so. The food tasted fresh, and not from a can like O.G., nor did it wreck me like B.d.B. did the last time I was there.

The waiter said that in the evening, they light candles, have a live pianist, and pull out all the stops. We'll have to try that sometime without the kids.

I highly recommend Chef Alfredo Ristorante Italiano, and hope that they stick around for a long, long time.

1  Thank Ed-of-Cedar

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your food and service. We do have a new menu, so if you haven't been in lately you should come and try the new items! We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was one of their early customers and the staff was very attentive. My server was an ex-marine turned college student and he anticipated my every need, which at the time must have been conversation. I had their spaghetti which was heavily laced with garlic and a glass of chianti. The only way it could have been better was if I was eating it in Bologna.

Thank you for your review! We love to hear what our guests have to say and hear about their experiences. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The food was nothing special. The waitress wanted had no personality. The bread needed butter, instead of the oils. Everything is a la carte. Three people in my party, and with only entree's, no soups or salads, the bill was over 60 including an overly generous tip for the service. The eggplant was nothing special, and the Fettuccine Alfredo was around 14$ before I added chicken, which came out to an extra 6$. There was hardly any chicken added, and it was drowning in sauce.

1  Thank Dave S

Thank you for your review! We appreciate it when guests leave their honest reviews, it helps us improve our service and the quality of our food! We have some new servers and a new menu. We hope you will be willing to give us another chance!