“Great Productions”

Utah Shakespeare Festival
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Cedar City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Utah Shakespeare Festival produces the work of Shakespeare and other classic playwrights in three spaces at the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Center for the Arts in Cedar City Utah. Plays, orientations, seminars, Greenshows, classes, camps, and tours complete a Festival experience.
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a must if you are in the area. The talent in the plays that my wife and I have seen always impress us snd help enhance the experience. We have enjoyed every show that we have gone to. Great thing to do while in Cedar City.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have been attending this festival off and on for MANY years. The theater is beautiful and the setting is absolutely lovely. We love to attend the green show even when we are not attending the play for a fun evening for the family. Kids love this bit of culture as well.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Everyone working at the festival are so courteous and helpful. The place is nicely decorated and very whimsical. The plays were outstanding! a MUST for Shakespeare, literature and play lovers.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I saw Hamlet and I completely fell in love with this particular production. The actors were amazing, the set was beautifully done, and the costumes were stunning. I can't wait until I get the opportunity to see it again.

1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We live in the area and see nearly all the plays every year. We naturally enjoy some plays more than others, that is a matter of taste, but the quality of the productions is always remarkable. The Utah Shakespeare Festival is a very professional organization that has been doing this for over 50 years. The three theaters are all very nice but the Adams is the most unique. It is an outdoor theater in the Shakespeare tradition. The seats are not padded so bring a cushion. The ticket prices are less than you would expect for this quality.