“I'll Be Back!”

Amid Summer's Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 12 Cedar City B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I booked my first stay at Amid Summers Inn when it first opened. Each year since then, Gary and Charlene have pampered me and made it feel like I was sitting in my own sitting room and eating at my own table. This year, I took my fourteen-year-old grandson with me and he enjoyed it right down to the extra sausage and smoothie. I look forward each year to meeting my fellow guests and have several close friends with whom I like to sit, knit and chat. It is also a wonderful atmosphere in which to meditate and write. I have attended the Shakespearean Festival almost every year since its inception and thought that it could not be better. Wrong! One stay at Amid Summers Inn has made me feel like I am returning home each year. Thank you, Gary and Charlene. My only reservation is that I come home a bit heavier because of the delicious breakfasts and my after-the-play cookie. Joy! Florin R. Nielsen

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Amid Summer's Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed August 5, 2008

Want to stay where you become part of a family? This is the place. Charlene and Gary make you right at home in their Inn. Breakfasts are huge and served family style and interaction between guests result in lasting friendships. Themed rooms are just part of the charm here. The Shakespearean Festival is a short walk away as is downtown Cedar City. Need dinner reservations or directions to local attractions? Just ask and Charlene and Gary are only happy to assist. Forget the noisy hotel or motel scene, stay with Charlene and Gary and become part of the family; we have and will return again and again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We had a wonderful time in Cedar City, especially our stay at A Mid Summer's Inn. Gary & Charleen were very helpful in getting our reservations for dinner, giving direction to the ice cream shop, suggesting that we might want to walk to the play we were attending and were just charming to be around.
Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. The breakfast was very, very good and soooo much food. I would stay there again and recommend the Inn to our friends.
Linda & Ken

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Amid Summer's Inn was the ideal B&B!

My husband and I went down to the Shakespearean Festival for our 10-year anniversary. We found this B&B on the Festival website and picked it based on the quaint appearance and fun photos of the different themed rooms.

Not only was the themed room totally fun, but it was so close to the festival that we walked to and from it easily, as well as down the street both ways to quaint restaurants and tourist shopping.

My two FAVORITE things, however, were the delectable breakfasts served every morning and the friendliness of the owners, Gary and Charlene.

Every morning we were served a 5-star breakfast with quiches, homemade pastires, fruit smoothies and other varieties of mouth-watering breakfast choices. I was expecting a hotel continental breakfast with a donut and orange juice, but was pleasantly surprised to leave more than FULL each morning after a breakfast fit for royalty.

Also, Charlene and Gary were SOOOO SWEET! I felt like we were family, even though we had never met. They were more than kind in suggesting restaurants, including which waitresses and menu choices were the best. They even made our reservations for us while we were at the festival plays. We had so much fun just visiting with them, and the other wonderful guests that we met there, that we felt like we were at a family reunion. We met a group of other guests that come there every year together because they have all become so close. We were included in the 'family' immediately and thourougly enjoyed making new friends.

Gary and Charlene were also very willing to give some of their more private guests all the space they wanted. They just couldn't have been more perfect hosts.

We will TOTALLY be coming again and would recommend Amid Summer's Inn to all our friends and relatives that have any reason to pass through or visit the Cedar City area.

The Shakespearean Festival was also teriffic!

Rachael Stone
Sandy, UT

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShakespearGirl
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Super clean, unique themed rooms, superior breakfast and stimulating interaction with other guests makes this inn a perfect choice for Shakespeare or your trip to the national parks. What sets it apart and above other B&B's is the very personal relationship Charlene and Gary have with their guests. Local info, reservations for dinner, a massage, hair, nails, maps, menus, etc. Your hosts cater to your every need. Its an atmosphere you will never forget. Her repeat customers will attest to that and call it their second home!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I loved my stay at A Midsummer's Night Inn. I especially loved the large dining room and the delicious breakfast that I was able to enjoy while visiting with so many friendly and entertaining people from all over the country. Gary and Charlene were great hosts and went out of their way to make me feel at home and my stay in Cedar City a pleasant one.

• Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Why didn't someone tell me about Amid Summer's Inn years ago? I loved the gourmet breakfast! It truly is a feast. The themed rooms are great!I (Captain's Quarters is my personal favorite.) Gary and Charlene welcomed me and my 10 year old son like old friends and were so helpful in making our visit to Cedar City a pleasant one. I loved Gary's cookies! We look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: July 2008