“Comfortable, beautiful, and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Anniversary House

and 1 more site!
Anniversary House
Ranked #6 of 12 Cedar City B&B and Inns
Fresno, California, United States
“Comfortable, beautiful, and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

Nan, the owner, makes you feel right at home. I'm not a fan of B&B's, usually, but this one was perfect. We stayed in the downstairs Country Suite which was huge and comfortable. Stayed an extra day because we enjoyed it so much.
The garden is pretty, the neighborhood is lovely. She decorates the place in a craftsman bungalow style which I love. Walking distance to the Shakespeare Festival stages.
Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The downstairs Country Suite is large and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bryan S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Beverly Hills Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed one night while traveling through to see the Bryce and Zion Parks.
Nan was extremely friendly, and very knowledgeable on the local area for places to eat and see. She recommended several things to do and places to eat. Took her advice and had a delightful dinner.
We stayed in the Nautical room. It was very clean, cozy, and very well decorated. You can see Nan has put in alot of time to make you feel welcomed and "at home"
Breakfast was well done and served on time and hot. Very good food.
This home is the place to stay in Cedar City. Would definitely choose the Anniversary House if we travel through this way again. Thank you Nan for making our anniversary so special.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank liznurse
AtlasTheDog
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife and I spent 3 nights in the Nautical Room in July '11. Very quiet, very clean and nicely decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. If you are going to the Shakespeare festival, the location of Anniversary House is terrific - just a short walk. Also, within a couple blocks are shops and restaurants on Main Street (though no traffic noise at the B&B itself). Nan was very friendly and helpful. My only issue is that my wife is a vegetarian, and I never could get that clear with Nan when it came to serving her meats and eggs in the morning. Just some fruit would have been fine. In any event, if you're going to Cedar City, skip the usual low-end chain hotels, and enjoy the quiet style of a B&B. Anniversary House is a great choice! PS: I'd be remiss if I didn't mentioned the comfortable, shaded front porch which is great for reading on the quiet street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank AtlasTheDog
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed four nights at this B&B, about two blocks from the Utah Shakespeare Festival theaters. We had a large bedroom, king bed, with a large bathroom. There are four other rooms, two of them able to handle more than two persons. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. There is a large back deck and a front porch looking out on a lovely tree-lined street. The breakfasts were delicious. Coffee, tea, and chocolate cake were always available during the day to help you make it to dinnertime. It was a very relaxing vacation and we certainly plan to stay at this B&B again.

Room Tip: 3 rooms are on the first level of the home; 2 downstairs are larger, accommodating more than 2 peoop...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank azalice1
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

The Anniversary House is our favorite Bed and Breakfast. We have stayed over multiple nights several times in the last few years. The Inn Keeper, Nan, is attentive without being overbearing. The rooms are always VERY clean and breakfast is excellent. The personal attention and service is great. It is nice to go on a vacation and leave feeling taken care of.

The Inn's rooms are large enough to be really comfortable, but there are only 5 of them so sometimes it is fully booked several weeks in advance (especially in the summer). The inn has several comfortable outdoor areas for sitting and relaxing among the flower gardens. There are 2 rooms that allow pets to stay overnight and Nan is very accommodating.

We will definitely be coming back to the Anniversary House again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank B_and_B_loverSLC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

First off when i made the reservation the owner Nan said that since I would be arriving on a Sunday the inn would be empty and therefore bringing our dog would be no problem. A day before we were set to go cross country my husband thought he just couldn't make the trip so he called Nan and asked if she would not penalize us for not being able to make the trip. She stood firm on her policy of cancellation rules and said she had a 14 day policy and would only give us a credit. I usuallu don't mind this polcy especially if the hotel is booked and she was turning people away but the place was empty! Anyway , the next day my husband had renewed energy and we made the trip afterall. When we arrived Nan was helpful, she allowed us to bar b cue and was very hospitable.
Thr room was dark and depressing, the bathroom was so dark I was squinting as if that would brighen things up. The room had absolutely no ventilation even though there were wondoes amd a ceiling fan. Now we come to breakfast. She splayed out some kind of circular bread with some kind of catfat sworled around. I looked in on the kitchen where she was proudly removing the most unsavory sausage I havr ever seen coming out of the microwave
and let's not forget cowboy casserole which was made up of eggs, milk, & sausage. Most unsavory! When she gave me coffee
I asked for cream and all shr had was 2% milk, what's up with that? She said she ends up spilling out cream because "people don't like cream" it's unhealthy! I didn't know the junk she was serving was healthy. As for the butter ... I can't believe it's not butter and margerine
were her ideas of spreads. When my husband asked her for fried eggs she informed us that she isn't allowed to fry eggs because she doesn't have a hood over her stove,
My husbsnd relented and she boiled 2 eggs for him. Five minutes after that we asked if she could have used the grill to make the eggs and she looked somewhat sheepish and said oops I forgot.
On the surface you think she's nice and friendly but I think she needs to reevaluate calling her house a B & B. And let's not forget the dog poop all over her backyard! (she
has 2 dogs)

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Stormdog8
Hesperus, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2011

The Oceanside room in the desert of southern Utah was so very nice, and the king size bed with the deep mattress gave me two fabulous nights of rest despite stressful travel getting there! Two blocks from the fabulous Utah Shakespearean Festival, this B&B was a total delight. And breakfast! Wow: quiche, ham, fruit, it kept me going so well through a day of backstage tour and matinee that I needed no lunch! The hostess was terrific. The place is extremely clean. This was truly one of the very best overnight lodging experiences I've ever had. Thanks so much for the hospitality.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business