Anniversary House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Rodeway Inn(Cedar City)
View Hotel
Abbey Inn & Suites(Cedar City)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The Anniversary House is our favorite Bed and Breakfast. We have stayed over multiple nights several times in the last few years. The Inn Keeper, Nan, is attentive without being overbearing. The rooms are always VERY clean and breakfast is excellent. The personal attention and service is great. It is nice to go on a vacation and leave feeling taken care of.

The Inn's rooms are large enough to be really comfortable, but there are only 5 of them so sometimes it is fully booked several weeks in advance (especially in the summer). The inn has several comfortable outdoor areas for sitting and relaxing among the flower gardens. There are 2 rooms that allow pets to stay overnight and Nan is very accommodating.

We will definitely be coming back to the Anniversary House again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank B_and_B_loverSLC
Reviewed July 14, 2011

First off when i made the reservation the owner Nan said that since I would be arriving on a Sunday the inn would be empty and therefore bringing our dog would be no problem. A day before we were set to go cross country my husband thought he just couldn't make the trip so he called Nan and asked if she would not penalize us for not being able to make the trip. She stood firm on her policy of cancellation rules and said she had a 14 day policy and would only give us a credit. I usuallu don't mind this polcy especially if the hotel is booked and she was turning people away but the place was empty! Anyway , the next day my husband had renewed energy and we made the trip afterall. When we arrived Nan was helpful, she allowed us to bar b cue and was very hospitable.
Thr room was dark and depressing, the bathroom was so dark I was squinting as if that would brighen things up. The room had absolutely no ventilation even though there were wondoes amd a ceiling fan. Now we come to breakfast. She splayed out some kind of circular bread with some kind of catfat sworled around. I looked in on the kitchen where she was proudly removing the most unsavory sausage I havr ever seen coming out of the microwave
and let's not forget cowboy casserole which was made up of eggs, milk, & sausage. Most unsavory! When she gave me coffee
I asked for cream and all shr had was 2% milk, what's up with that? She said she ends up spilling out cream because "people don't like cream" it's unhealthy! I didn't know the junk she was serving was healthy. As for the butter ... I can't believe it's not butter and margerine
were her ideas of spreads. When my husband asked her for fried eggs she informed us that she isn't allowed to fry eggs because she doesn't have a hood over her stove,
My husbsnd relented and she boiled 2 eggs for him. Five minutes after that we asked if she could have used the grill to make the eggs and she looked somewhat sheepish and said oops I forgot.
On the surface you think she's nice and friendly but I think she needs to reevaluate calling her house a B & B. And let's not forget the dog poop all over her backyard! (she
has 2 dogs)

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Stormdog8
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The Oceanside room in the desert of southern Utah was so very nice, and the king size bed with the deep mattress gave me two fabulous nights of rest despite stressful travel getting there! Two blocks from the fabulous Utah Shakespearean Festival, this B&B was a total delight. And breakfast! Wow: quiche, ham, fruit, it kept me going so well through a day of backstage tour and matinee that I needed no lunch! The hostess was terrific. The place is extremely clean. This was truly one of the very best overnight lodging experiences I've ever had. Thanks so much for the hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank 1gr8dad
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was such a pleasant place to stay. Owner friendly, room charming, great breakfast, good recommendation for dinner nearby. Nothing not to like!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reesie42
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Anniversary House is a wonderful weekend retreat! My husband and I enjoyed Nan's hospitality, as well as the sites of Cedar City. The craftsman style house was both nicely decorated and comfortable. Hundreds of little, thoughtful touches made our stay a retreat. We plan to return again soon!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple