“Best food!”

Add it.
Wunderbar deli and grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Right on main st great lunch sandwich called in a ham and cheese picked it up and went back to work. Fast and fresh

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Best gourmet burgers and sandwiches in town! Cold sandwiches to go for lunch and hot dinner specials

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My spouse and I are always seeking out new places to eat that vary from the norm. He has a very sensitive stomach, so he doesn't do really spicy foods. We saw Wunderbar had opened in a spot that seems to be the place where restaurants go to die, but decided to give it a shot. Unlike the three previous places that we didn't mind seeing leave, we LOVE Wunderbar. After the first visit we went back again later that week, and have been back nearly a dozen times since. The first several times I tried something new every time--the Yaphank Burger, Cowgirl Burger, Pizza Burger, The Reuben, Cheesesteak, New Yorker, Bleu Burger...everything I've had has been delicious! Not once have I been disappointed with what I've eaten there. I love the seasoned fries, and my spouse orders the onion rings every time. They upgraded their glasses, so the cups hold at least 32oz. To the best of my knowledge, they don't have a liquor license, but that's common in Cedar City. The wait staff is very friendly and personable. Cook times take a little longer, but it's because they buy local meats so it's really fresh. The atmosphere is evolving, as they work on defining who they are (German? Western? Fusion?), but the overall feeling is always friendly.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I'm always a sucker for a small, locally owned place to eat so after eyeing this place for a couple of days, my husband and I decided to try it for lunch. My only regret is that we didn't try it sooner because this was our last day of our trip and I'd like to go back!
We both ordered the Reuben sandwich (great minds think alike) and it was delicious. Perfect balance of pastrami, sauerkraut, sauce and rye bread...hot and tasty. I ordered mine with onion rings which were freshly battered and hot but could have used salt. My husband ordered the German Home Fries which are sliced potatoes seasoned and browned in the flattop grill. The portion was huge! There must have been three potatoes!!!
I felt that the portions on everything were generous and after seeing other diners plates of burgers and sandwiches, I knew this was true. You know their burgers are big if they bring you a steak knife with the plate!
The menu didn't have prices next to the burgers but our meal came to about $21 so I thought the value was good.
Service was prompt. Decor was mediocre.
There was more on the menu that sounded delicious and if my Reuben was any indication, it's worth checking out. I'll be sure to go back the next time I'm in town.

1  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was in town for 2 days and didn't knkw where to go, I only knew I wanted something with an individual charme, not a chain restaurant.

When I walked in I was worried because nobody was there and the menu layout was really odd. But the waiter was phenomenal and I felt comfortable in there. When my sandwich (BBQ Chicken) came I was mind blown! Amazing food, big portions, and really good prices.

I was there with my parents and we are German. After we sat there for a while we couldn't help but notice the German touch the restaurant has. The German Home Fries and the Curry sauce are absolutely authentically German and the waiter also explained that the cook was born in Germany.

All in all I would highly recommend this odd but charming restaurant, it's awesome!