“Best, most authentic pizza outside of Italy”

Centro Woodfired Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our mission is to provide our customers (our friends) with casual and fun dining experience with exceptional customer service and homemade fresh and creative food. Oh and a great selection of local micro brews & wine too!
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Best, most authentic pizza outside of Italy. And yes, I have been to Italy many times. Stopped by there a few weeks ago with the Family on our last night in Cedar City, UT while on Spring Break. Thoroughly enjoyed the Pizza, Salad and some local beer (Cutthroat Ale). Wait staff was prompt and friendly. We can highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

On the advice of the hotel staff we went to Centro. Our server, Hannah, was super. My husband and I shared the house salad. Contrary to another reviewer, we both thought it was great. I was craving a fresh salad after too many packaged and preserved salads over the past weeks. We has the fennel sausage pizza and both loved it. Highly recommend this little gem of a place.

1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The best place in Cedar City to eat. Everything I have eaten at Centro has been A+, when my daughter comes to visit the first place she asks to go to is Centro. Great staff

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We read a number of reviews about this place and we though we'd try it, but I was concerned that their pizzas are all 12". I was afraid that with a thin crust it just wouldn't be enough. We asked the friendly waitress about it and she suggested an appetizer or one of the large salads. The combination of the two was plenty for two people.

The good news is that the pizza was excellent! The wood fired cooking along with the delicious crust and toppings were a hit. We got the fennel sausage pizza. The waitress said they make the sausage fresh daily. There weren't large pieces of sausage on the pizza like I expected, but it was really good. My wife, who isn't fond of tomato sauce on her pizza liked the whole thing.

The bad news for our meal was the House Salad. It had tasty croutons and tomatoes and some tiny rings of onion and some minimal dressing. I wouldn't order this again. The waitress said it was a very large salad and it was. It just wasn't very good. We ate about half and got bored with it.

I had never had Bruschetta, described as "House made garlic toasts topped with fresh chopped tomato and basil. finished with a balsamic reduction". It was $8 for an order. I was more curious than wanting a full order and she brought out one slice of toast ($1.70). Didn't think it was all that special. Wouldn't order it next time. We saw others who had ordered it and most had some left with lots of chopped tomatoes left on the plate.

If we wen't back again we would order the other salad to try it out, but never the house salad.

The people next to us were very talkative and friendly and they got the nutella dessert and they said it was excellent. The wife was amazed because the whipped cream tasted fresh made. They loved it although they didn't eat much of it. It looked like a pizza crust folded in half with nutella inside and drizzled across it.

Nice place, good atmosphere, excellent pizza. Would definitely go back. The pizza was $13, the salad was $6, the bruschetta $1.70 for a slice to taste or $8 for a full order.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

On our way home from Palm Desert, our first stop was Cedar City. To find a good place to eat we, of course, research on Trip Advisor. Centro was rated #1 and it did not disappoint. As we commute from Palm Desert to Spokane in the future Cedar City and Centro will be a destination we look forward to.