“Nice clean hotel”

Hampton Inn Cedar City
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Reviewed August 3, 2007

I stayed there one night and found the rooms to be very clean, no funky smells, and the bed was perfectly comfortable. Those are my 3 main criteria for a hotel. I didn't check on the pool, or anything else for that matter, but if you want a comfortable place to sleep, I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank squintana
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Cedar City

Reviewed July 23, 2007

Great town, great Hotel in a great location. A very comfortable room with an awesome bed. Ergomatic desk and chair, High speed internet and great restaurants and shopping within walking distance. As I said, perfect stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2007

The room was filthy, the sheets stained, the walls had blackmarks for a 10 foot section beside the door that felt like grease or motor oil. it reeked of smoke even though it was a non smoking room. The front desk staff was rude, incompetent, and refused to move us to a different room. After checkout, I checked my credit card statement to find an additional $60 charge on the bill- after calling the hotel I was informed that " I had been charged the wrong rate, and this was the additional funds that should have been charged". I requested the name of the management company or the owners after dealing with the very hostile, very rude general Manager and was informed that they do not give that informaion out. I asked for the famous 100% Hampton Guarentee and was informed that they did NOT HAVE TO HONOR IT.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank rippedofftraveler
Reviewed June 24, 2007

Enjoyed a two night stay during late May as a stopover whilst travelling north and taking in Zion National Park and surrounding points of interest (Cedar Breaks National Monument etc).

Our stay was pre-booked using Expedia.

We have stayed in a number of Hamptons in different locations and felt this one achieved the quality expected. Standard guestrooms are as commented on elsewhere smaller than the norm. Nevertheless they provide sufficient space with the fittings and furnishings generally expected and would not disappoint most couples/travellers.

The breakfast area would benefit from a couple of extra tables but the waiting time to secure seating was fairly minimal.

Reception staff were without exception polite and helpful.

The property which is well maintained throughout is located in the Providence Centre the southernmost area of Cedar City. There is easy access from the interstate and onto Main Street for downtown a few minutes drive away. Providence Centre is a fairly compact and reasonably sensitively developed area anchored by a Walmart and Home Depot and having the usual clutch of restaurants and services. Wingers family style restaurant is only a short walk from the hotel and worth a try for reasonably priced dining. An extremely pleasant residental area is adjacent to the commercial area.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EwoodParker
Reviewed September 30, 2006

We stayed 2nd September for 4 nights. We prefer the Hampton chain and this was no exception. Up to the normal standard and value for money. Very nice clean room on the second floor. Quiet location at night but very near restaurants. Ideal location for visiting Bryce or Zion Canyons. Staff very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was adequate and the normal selection of the Hampton chain. Plus we got our Hilton points from our stay. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ????
Reviewed August 28, 2006

Hamptons are Hamptons, but this one was very nice. Relatively new, the prices were GREAT, and the location and area were both fantastic. Right off of I-15, but in a very nice and newly-developed area. Nice homes and stores all around.

The breakfast and common area were basic Hampton, but just a little newer and nicer. There was an open laundry area on the second floor - 75 cents for wash and 1.00 for dry.

There was a great Pizza/Italian restaurant right around the corner - Rodney's or something like that - but the pizza was great and inexpensive too. They had big portions of everything else - good to get the food to go, the ambience isn't much.

There is a Gold's Gym next door - I'm not sure if the Hampton has reciprocal priveleges there or not, but worth asking. I didn't use the fitness room or the pool, but they looked nice. There was also a free-use PC in the lobby for internet access - that helped.

You can't beat the location, price, or area - especially a great place to stay if you are visiting Zion and Bryce Canyon as we did. It's right in the middle of the two. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2006
6  Thank Travel_Reviewer20
Reviewed August 15, 2006

While passing thru Cedar City UT recently on business, I took the liberty to spend an extra few days to see the local scenery and do some hiking and use my mountain bike that I rarely have the time to bring.
I reserved a room at the Hampton Inn at a rate of $89 which seemed a little high for a small town in southern utah, but Hampton Inn is usually pretty good about rate integrity, so I didn't question it.
From the moment I arrived, the Front Desk was busy, I waited to be processed surprised to hear the agent comment to another employee that the manager was in the office but the door was shut. (perhaps the mgr could have helped?) It was a bit odd!
The room was microscopic in size, but adequate for my needs. It smelled very musty but I was out to get exercise and didn't pay much attention. When I got back it was late and that was then that I noticed that there were "critters" in my room. I killed the dozen or so crickets that were having a party and collapsed from exhaustion.
Each time I asked to speak with a manager, I was told that the manager was not available or not on property. The Front Desk offered to help me but I am one who prefers to deal with a manager and will follow up later, but in general I feel that a hotel should have a manager or supervisor available at all times.
This hotel feels very run down for its age and clearly doesn't have a staff that wants to be there. I normally stay at the Abbey Inn on the other end of Cedar City and recommend the friendly long term staff over this one.

6  Thank mtnbikerguy