“Hampton Inn? Really?”

Hampton Inn Cedar City
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Reviewed April 17, 2013

All of the hotel staff at the Cedar City Hampton Inn were exceptional, but the hotel is noisy (above, below, and all down the hall), and the rooms are dated. Of course you can't go wrong with Hampton's bedding... always clean and very comfortable. In the area, I'd stay at Hampton's soon to open Zion National Park location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Cedar City

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Everything exceeded my expectation except for the mattress was worn more that I would have liked. But I would stay there tomorrow. Pool and breakfast really added to the family expirience of fun for spring break.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I haven't stayed at a Hampton Inn in quite a while, but this was a very positive experience. Cedar City, UT is a pretty small town, and I would bet the Hampton Inn is the nicest hotel there. The staff was young but very helpful. The room was good sized with nice furniture. It was clean, smelled nice, and was very comfortable. If I stay in Cedar City again-it will be at the Hampton Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Danica B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest

I am glad to hear you had a great experience at my hotel. My staff and I are always striving to be the best. We hope that you stay with us again the next time you travel to Cedar City.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Found this hotel to in a very tired and run-down condition. Certainly not we expected for a Hampton Inn. Even though we were on the top floor the noise from the corridor, together with noise floating up from lower floors, did not make the most pleasant of stays. We also found the food quality lacking plus the breakfast room looked grubby & not sufficiently large for the size of the hotel. We would never stay there again, unless there was nowhere else available. The $107 room cost, plus taxes was way beyond reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marton40

Dear Guest,

Thank you for expressing your concerns with the hotel. I take these comments very seriously. We are currently finishing up our breakfast area remodel this month which will be very nice once completed. We hope that the next time you are in the area that you stay with us again so we can show you our dedication to learning from our the feedback from our guests.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, new shopping area and great restaurants within walking distance. Our room was very nice and spacious. It had a couch, tables, business work area table, lovely king sized bed, (it was comfortable by the way), separate bath and vanity area and sink/micro wave/fridge area as well. Cute little shampoo items. The breakfast was a southwestern omelet and sausage patty, cereals, fruits and waffle - adequate. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was the most run down, disappointing Hampton Inn that we have ever stayed in (and we almost always stay in Hilton properties when available). The room smelled so strongly of cleaners when we came in that my asthmatic son had to leave. The hotel hallways weren't cleaned - they had patched the ceiling before we arrived, leaving debris on the floor and it wasn't vacuumed up for the two days we stayed. Our bathroom wasn't cleaned overnight and housekeeping only left us 3 clean towels eventhough there were 4 of us staying in the room. On the second morning, they ran out of sausage, potatoes and coffee and didn't get it refilled during the 20 minutes that we were down there eventhough everyone was complaining. My son is going to go to college in Cedar City (6.5 hours away from our home) and we will be visiting Cedar City alot. I would NEVER stay in that Hampton again - guess we will have to stay at the Comfort Inn. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I appreciate your comments as I take them very seriously to improve my hotel and my staff. I apologize for the inconveniences that you experience while at my hotel.
I am troubled to hear that your room was not to the standard that you expected.

I have discussed these issues with members of my staff, and will offer additional training to my employees to ensure that we are meeting the highest standards of cleanliness.

I hope you will stay with us again so I can prove our dedication to learning from the feedback of our valued guests.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I try to stay exclusively in Hampton Inn hotels because I can count on quality mattresses and a good night's sleep. NOT IN THIS HAMPTON INN IN CEDAR CITY. This is the second time that I have stayed in this hotel in Cedar City, UT, and I will not do it again. You always pay more for a Hampton Inn experience, and this hotel is not worth the extra cost. Yes, the rooms are cramped, some of the breakfast elements are bad, but no better in other hotels, BUT the mattresses are terrible. Hilton needs to upgrade or sell this hotel - because it gives the brand a black eye!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Danica B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

I'm so sorry you dealt with some obstacles during your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn in Cedar City, Utah. Guest feedback is crucial to the success of any business in the hospitality industry and we take your comments to heart and we strive to get them fixed!