“Great location and very attentive staff”

Hampton Inn Cedar City
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Cedar City
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed here recently on a road trip from CA to CO - great mid way point and easy to get too off of I-15. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are nicely appointed. Our room was a little small since we needed a rollaway with the Queen bed that was in the room. Didn't love the rollaway bed - a little lumpy and short for a 6' footer (my daughter and wife went to bed before I did). The breakfast was very nicely presented and tasty. The staff were all friendly and helpful throughout the hotel. Would certainly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stay at the Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids almost weekely. The hotel is simply amazing. The staff is great (especially the manager, Donica) They are all very professional and this is the CLEANEST hotel I have ever stayed in!! They know HOSPITALITY.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Joshua S
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I have stayed at several of the hotels in Cedar City over the years. This one is better than average. The first time I stayed here I had a good sized room on the 2nd floor, it has only 3 floors. I believe it had 2 beds in the room on our first visit and we were so impressed by the bed, we thought of purchasing one for home. This last time, in August, we found the bed was not as comfortable as the year before. The room was smaller, because we had just a single bed this time. With our senior discount, it was a reasonably priced room during the summer high season of the Utah Shakespearean Festival. A simple, semi-hot breakfast (small omlet, bacon, hash browns) was included. There were breads and cold items available, including fruit. There was enough items to choose from for breakfast and the coffee was decent. HBO movie channel included, but you would not want to spend your entire time in the room when there are places in the area for you to roam around and see. Front desk help were friendly and the place is well kept over the years it has been open.

Room Tip: All rooms are entered from the inside. The hotel is located inside a shopping center. Walking dist...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Engineer_Lou
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nothing to rave about, but nothing to really complain about. The rooms are small and breakfast area has limited space. Sometimes they will open up one of the conference rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We have stayed at a few hotels in Cedar City and as far as I know this is as good as it gets.

Room Tip: If you are going for a weekend to the Shakespeare festival book you tickets and hotel early.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank allen46
Reviewed July 30, 2011

The Cedar City Hampton Inn was certainly good enough to use the Hampton Inn name. It was clean, the room relatively comfortable, and it had a hot breakfast. We were disappointed by the size of the room (a single Queen) and by the lack of available seating for breakfast.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Would we stay here again? Yes, for the HHonors points, but if a competing hotel were available at a lower rate, we might go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UtahCrowe61
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at The Hampton Inn in Cedar City for two nights and overall I thought it was a good hotel. The front desk staff were all very kind and helpful. I've never stayed at the Hampton Inn before but I'm familiar with all the other Hilton hotels. I would say it's the "cheaper" version of Embassy Suites, if that even makes sense.

The only issues I had were that the room was fairly small compared to other hotels I have stayed at and I would have preferred more walking space or just space in general. You can also tell by going in the room that it's old. The room also had an old "musky" smell to it. But I just febreezed everything.

There are restaurants and a tanning salon right next to the hotel, so that was awesome :) and walmart is around the corner.

Overall, I think it's a good hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank 5foot3
Reviewed July 25, 2011

A clean and comfortable Hampton Inn in a retail area. Does just what you expect with the usual very comfortable beds. I mean I don't expect anything more than what I expect at a Hapmton, but that's why I like them for stopping oevrnight en route to somewhere as a perfect place to put my head down. There are also plenty of eateries nearby.

One thing that did exceed my expectaions was the staff. They were both super-nice and helpful.

Room Tip: I called and got a twin for the price of a queen, so saved 20 or so dollars. But this was descretion...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends