“Typical Super 8 Motel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Salem, Oregon
“Typical Super 8 Motel”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I think the stay would have been more pleasant if not for the smart attitude of the young man behind the desk. There was a big lit up sign that said "Super 8, $33.28" I asked the young man at the desk what the $33.00 rooms looked like, and he said they didn't have any rooms for that price, and haven't had for years. I told him the sign said they did, and he replied that he was unaware of any sign, and he sure wasn't going to give away any rooms for $33.00. I went back out to take a picture of the sign, and it had been turned off. The room was clean, but the recliner was broken, Nothing special about this location

Room Tip: The room was clean and the bed comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Super8cedarcity, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Cedar City, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
We appreciate you staying with us and would like to apologize for our broken sign. We have turned it off to avoid any further confusion about room rates. We do apologize for any behavior that was offensive to you by our front desk staff, and have taken actions to make sure that it does not happen again.

Once a year we go through our rooms to replace any broken equipment or furniture. We are planning on replacing the broken furniture. We were very happy to have you stay with us and would love to have you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Delta, Utah
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here over the course of a couple days while my kids were playing in the Utah Summer Games. We had actually booked another place but could only stand one night!

We found the Super 8 in quite a pinch since most rooms are booked this particular weekend. I was surprised I found a room with 2 queen beds but was happy to take it over the place I was staying.

The room was average with average bedding and an average bathroom. I really have no complaints of the place which I guess ranks it a little bit above average on my scale! There is only one entrance, right through the front, which I don't particularly like. Overall it was an enjoyable stay with the kids.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Super8cedarcity, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Cedar City, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We are glad we were able to help the rest of your stay in Cedar city be an enjoyable one. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable room at a fair price. We always enjoy our visitors for the summer games and look forward to seeing you next time!
NOGALES,AZ
Reviewed June 14, 2013

on 6/13/13 was on business an stayed once again with these fine folks at super 8, as always it was a vary restfull sleep mel an his employees are outstanding going out of thire way to make your stay a pleasent. the new guy vary helpfull, rooms were great just wish i could stay for breakfast but got to go to work. thank you mel an your staff see u soon.

Room Tip: rooms on north side an south side are good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us again and we appreciate your continued patronage here with us. We are grateful for the opportunity to provide you with super service, and look forward to seeing you again.
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I could not have asked for a nicer experience than I had for my 3 days at this establishment. The room had everything I needed... it was clean, comfortable, spacious, convenient location.
The recliner was perfect for my day of computer work, and having a fridge and microwave was a nice bonus. Great shower.
The owners were extremely friendly and helpful, a pleasure to deal with. I thoroughly recommend Super 8 if you are staying in Cedar City.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Super8cedarcity, General Manager at Super 8 Cedar City, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear valued guest

We thank you for allowing us to be your hosts while you were here in cedar city and appreciate your review of our hotel. We strive to make sure that our customers feel at home during their stay. If you are ever in cedar again, we would love to have you stay with us!