“A warm welcome”

GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A warm welcome”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My young adult children (18 and 20) were traveling alone and needed a place to stay. Another hotel I called absolutely refused to allow them to stay, but the Super 8 in Cedar City worked with me to arrange for authorization, and warmly welcomed my children by name when they checked in. Thank you Super 8!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Has 2 of my 3 MUST HAVEs: 1=Safe (but probably applies to all of cedar city); 2=decent shower. It didn't have 3=comfortable bed...mainly because they use junky pillows...feels like they're stuffed with sawdust. The management was pleasant enough, but they wanted to charge me for my PRE-PAID room, luckily I had my iphone with my email confirmations and my hotels.com app. Room was decent, but the bathroom light gave off a flicker-after-image (not looking at it directly, but when walking into the room when it was darker) that gave me a headache. The A.C. in the room dried the air too much for me (i'm more sensitive than my wife though). Wireless worked well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Super8cedarcity, General Manager at Super 8 Cedar City, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
I am sorry that you didn't have pleasant experience with your stay. The hotel was under new management at the time of your stay and we are looking in to improving our rooms by end of next year. Your review help us to understand the area of improvement.

We want our guests to have the best service and cleanest rooms. We are always making sure that our rooms are very clean and spotless.

Again, I apologies for any inconvenience you may had with your visit.
Milford,MA
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel is gross. The fridge and the towels smelled of urine. The room was dirty... towels grey... don't walk on the rug. Breakfast was frozen cinnamon rolls in plastic, rotten oranges and warm, watered down OJ. We could not get out of there fast enough!!!! Went elsewhere. Sleeping in your car is safer and more sanitary for your health. This place should be shut down!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The management and staff at this Super 8 were very helpful. They brought a new fridge up to our room at 11 pm when ours stopped working. They bore with me when my dates changed slightly.
The internet is good; the beds are pretty good; the continental breakfast was very good--the fruit, yogurt, and oatmeal made for a pleasant start.

Room Tip: Had a non-smoking room on the third floor. The room was fine, but the hallway smelled of smoke. I th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Palmdale, California
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Pretty basic but clean sums it up. Just passing through on the way to Colorado, so it served our needs. You pretty much get what you pay for,,,,a "no frills" experience. I would stay here again just because it's clean though, Basic Continental Breakfast...nothing fancy. The person at the front desk wasn't overly friendly, so don't expect a warm welcome when you come in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rowley, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We only stayed here one night on route to other places. When we arrived at our room, the rug was "crusty" like it needed to be cleaned or not had all the soap rinse out of it. The recliner was visably broken. Beds not great. With all due respect, the staff was friendly and helpful & continental breakfast was good.

Room Tip: I would make sure I ask if all furniture is in good order and when rugs were cleaned last.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I had a weekend layover in Cedar City and had a coupon book so checked another hotel first. I know there is a non-smoking movement but I smoke so get over it! They did not make me feel like a second class citizen (although all smoking is on 3rd floor) and the elevator is a plus. check-in was smooth and quick, the guys were very friendly, They had maps for all the local restaurants and attractions and housekeeping didn't run the vacuum at 8 am. They were also cheaper than the coupon book hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business