“Overated”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #48 of 118 Restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Was told I had to eat at Café Rio because the food was fantastic. Staff was fantastic and the atmosphere was fantastic, but I was not impressed with the food. Sauce was not good and they used to much of it. I would prefer to eat at Qdoba or Chipotle

There are newer reviews for Cafe Rio

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Never written a review before but I feel a responsibility to let you know what you're getting into if you eat at this cafe Rio. We keep going back because the food is great but I think we are finally done at this one!!! We showed up at 1 pm on a Sunday and they were out of the special (both shrimp and fish). They were also out of chicken!!!! Only 2 people wking the line...took forever! The lady working the cash register had to run out and clear tables...just got word from other table that they are now out of lettuce....what the???? Everyone was complaining about something. I'd like to say this was a one time thing but it happens EVERY TIME we come. We just keep hoping they've changed and made improvements but they haven't :(

1  Thank Brad H
Reviewed December 30, 2013

There are so many fast Mexican food chains around like Chipotle, Qdoba, Del Taco - just to name a few. I think Rio is the best of them all. It's fast, but fresh and tasty (not saying other are not - just that this one is better!) at a reasonable price. Food is made right on the spot (most of it) and you can see the kitchen while you order and it looks BUSY which is always a good sign. We were super hungry after driving a few hours in Utah and the Tacos were just delicious. Service was real good and friendly too. There was a line, but it went pretty fast. Only thing they should improve is add more large family tables. Most table fit 4 or less. I wish we had more of Cafe Rio here in Denver. I know there are a few, but this is more the type of restaurant you stop by, not drive especially to (think Chipotle for example).

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Service was fast even though it was crowded. Love the grilled steak burrito and the chicken tortilla soup. Free quesadillas for the younger kids are great.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Passing through a quick stop for food, gas, and groceries. So what were we looking for? Something that was unique, good, and fast. We got all that in this one little spot right off the highway. My husband and I both got the Sweet Pork Barbacoa. Translated means BBQ'd pork, but nothing like I have ever tasted before. The best Pork I have ever had. I had the Pinto beans my husband had the black beans. Both equally delicious. It tasted like a little ole granny (Abuelita) was in the kitchen all day making this food. We live in San Diego, so I checked on line and was so sad to see they do not have one here. I have to travel up to Costa Mesa if I want to get some more of this delicious goodness. Please build one in San Diego ... My husband and I are still talking about the food we had here.