“Best thai food we have eaten”
Review of Sweet Basil Thai

Sweet Basil Thai
Ranked #28 of 121 Restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Description: Near Wal-Mart in Cedar City
Description: Near Wal-Mart in Cedar City
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stopped here on our way north. Food is excellent and service was the best. Feel confident in dining here.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We ate at Sweet Basil last night. the restaurant was clean, food was fresh and served quickly.
They brought us the ordered appetizer but did not bright plates to eat off so I had to ask I believed to be the husband of our server for plates as he passed by our table. I egg rolls were small but tasty, and the soup was good. The main entrée was cashew sauce with pork. I told our server this our first time eating here and wanted to know if a dinner on their menu was big enough for two people, she did not speak good English and her answer was not very specific so we ordered one main dinner entrée and said to each other if not enough we would go out for dessert later. The problem with the dinner entrée was it was not a large portion, but the biggest disappointment was that there was only four very small pieces of pork served. Sooo, charging around $12.00 dollars for a small vegie plate was too much.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a take out dinner when skiing Brianhead Ski Resort. After a long day of family skiing, I was hoping for good tasting Thai food. I was disappointed in Sweet Basil's dishes.

Sweet and Sour Fish : Weird. The sauce was too gummy and sweet. The fish was standard fried fish - tasted like in-expensive tilapia.
Pad Khee Mao : Just a lot of noodles - they skimp on the chicken and veggies.
Basil Chicken : Overwhelmed with fish sauce. They should call it Fish Sauce chicken.

Overall, I was underwhelmed with the quality of the food.

The cashier and staff were friendly, quick, efficient and top-notch. I wish that their food was too.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

The food was good, not great. They should relocate due to lack of room. If the place is busy be prepared to wait!

1  Thank lronmeat
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times since I discovered it. The food is delicious, have tried the curry's, sweet and sour, pad Thai noodles. Love this place, my favorite in town.