“Most authentic family Mexican Restaurant in Southern Utah”
Review of La Casa Don Miguel

La Casa Don Miguel
Ranked #9 of 115 Restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Cedar City, Utah
“Most authentic family Mexican Restaurant in Southern Utah”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

As a Texas ex patriot I am very familure with Mexican and Tex Mex cusine. This Small family owned restaurant is gem with a large menue and excellant food. The Atmoshere is not fancy but the food more than makes up for it. The prices are reasonable and the portion sizes are generous.

halesowen
“Slow service but very busy”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Having read previous reviews we decided to try Mexican food. We are no experts but my husband has had chicken fajitas many times (including making them himself) so he stuck with what he knows. I asked for a recommendation and the waitress bought me a chicken dish. We were given chips and salsa to start but the salsa was very runny and we did not have any napkins. This was rectified when we asked for them. The wait for the main course was long and they bought us extra chips and salsa whilst still waiting. We both enjoyed the food we had although my husband was disappointed with the rice and we had expected more spicy flavour. We tried each other's food and it was very samey. The table we were given was two single tables facing the wall.

1 Thank HalesowenStel
Boulder City, Nv
“Good Mexican food in Utah”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had lunch at the La Casa Don Miguel in Ceder City UT last week and it was pretty good. I had the lunch special which was a Chili Releno for 5.75. They started the meal off with a small 1/2 taco in some red sauce. As well as corn chips and salsa I liked the bean dip the best.
The lunch had a releno that was tasty, rice, beans and a slaw type salad. It was quit filling. The place is clean and the service very good. I would recommend it to all who enjoy Mexican food,

Cedar City, Utah
“Small, Quaint, and Good”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

There are nearly 20 Mexican food restaurants in the small town of Cedar City, and that's not counting those that have come and gone. Several of them are pretty good, but I like this one the best. It's very small, quiet, and authentic. The atmosphere is nothing to brag about, but their Enchiladas Clasicas are definitely worth bragging about. I've never had enchiladas any better than these. Their other menu items are also very good. Casa don Miguel may not be fancy enough for everyone, but for good, authentic Mexican food, it's my favorite.

• Visited April 2014
Chula Vista, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Blahh”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

It wasn't that great...very friendly but the food was whatever I even heard the waitress ask the cook if he remembered how to make the dish...:$ the margaritas are extremely sweet it tasted like syrup...wouldn't go there again...

Been to La Casa Don Miguel? Share your experiences!