“Wonderful food!!”

Rusty's Ranch House
Ranked #21 of 118 Restaurants in Cedar City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cedar City's finest steakhouse restaurant serving the freshest "cut to order" steaks, BBQ ribs, chicken and seafood. Rusty's also serves assorted salads, pasta and appetizers in the Cedar City and Southern Utah area - and we are less than 5 minutes from downtown. Your Cedar City restaurant dining experience will be second to none for that special anniversary, birthday or... just that rejuvenating memorable "night out". You'll experience a rustic ranch style setting with a stunning mountain view.
United States
“Wonderful food!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Best steak I have eaten in a long time. We raise beef cattle so we are very fussy and these people do it right! Sourdough bread is the best I have ever eaten. Service is wonderful also.

Visited May 2012

Santa Barbara, California
“EXCELLENT Steak!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I am not a huge fan of meat, but I believe when you go to a steak house you order what they claim to do best, order steak. What a pleasure it was to thoroughly enjoy the filet. I loved every bite. Wasn't thrilled with the sweet potato but I probably should have just ordered a regular baked potato. I had never seen a sweet potato as a choice, and had never tried one. Oh well, still the steak was so good I didn't even care much about the potato. Restaurant is noisy, but really good energy and the staff are amazing. They made every effort to take care of every need and were fast and efficient. Would definitely go again if ever in the area.

• Visited May 2012
Cedar City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and delicious generous portions”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband, son and I ate here on 4-20-12. We made a reservation for 6:00 but didn't need it. However when we left at 7:10 there were about ten people in the roomy waiting area.

We had the sampler appetizer plate to start. It came with barbequed chicken wings, ribs and stuffed potatoes, four servings of each. I had a rack of baby back ribs, my husband had the flatiron steak and our son had steak and cocoanut shrimp. Our meals came with generous fresh salads, choice of potato, a vegetable side and warm sourdough bread. My husband and I had sweet potatoes which were excellent, baked in the skin and sprinkled with cinnamon. The vegetable that day was zucchini cooked with onion and sun-dried tomatoes which was fresh and delicious. Everything was excellent except the cocoanut shrimp which my son said were good except they didn't have a cocoanut flavor.

My husband and I each had a glass of wine that was on the specials for the day board. It was very good too.

Rusty's just became our new favorite local restaurant. Next time I'll skip the appetizer since I want to try the desserts. The portions are way too generous to have both.

The restroom was clean too. And Rusty's is located in a scenic canyon just outside Cedar City. We stopped to visit the creek across the road from the restaurant on our way back to town. A totally enjoyable experience.

• Visited April 2012
Utah
“Great Group Service)”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We have had two groups have meals at Rusty's. One in October 2011 which was about 25 people and most recently a group of 9. It was a combination of business and pleasure. We had a birthday in the group the the server was gracious and accommodating of a surprise for the occasion. The menu is simple and food is excellent. Love the baked sweet potato!

• Visited December 2011
Long Beach, California
“The "nicest" restaurant in Cedar City...”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was touted as the 'nicest restaurant in Cedar City". Ok...I realize that Cedar City is not Orange County, CA but this one floored me a bit. Dead animal heads on the walls...it's rustic. The tables are folding with stacking chairs and the table cloths are red and white vinyl and a bit sticky....

The food was good....the service average....but the prices seemed a bit high for what you get.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank alphabetty

Been to Rusty's Ranch House? Share your experiences!