“Nope”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Orem, Utah, United States
“Nope”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I went on our honeymoon. It was the last stop before we were to head home. I had been here a couple of times a few years earlier and loved it. What a far and hard fall it has taken. The service was bad, the pastas had no flavor, the crab cakes were overcooked and you could tell that the soup was made from a can with a little extra embellishment. We could hear people fighting in the kitchen. Biggest waste of our money on the whole trip. I'm not kidding, we could have gotten better overall meal at Chuck-A-Rama. I don't know what happened to you guys. You used to be Cedar City's best kept secret, and my favorite restaurant. Shame, shame. It's time to revamp things and get them back to the way they were.

• Visited August 2012

Philadelphia
“Delightful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The restaurant is in an old mansion with a beautiful grand wooden staircase set amongst a lovely flower garden near the University. There were also tables outside. I only wish the food lived up to the ambiance. I had a caprese salad and the tomato was not ripe. My husband's steak was over seasoned. Service was excellent and we were comped for the dessert when I mentioned my dissatisfaction over the salad. Maybe, the kitchen was just having a bad night.

Visited May 2013
“Great location, horrible food and service!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've lived in cedar city for a little over a year and I have always wanted to try this place. How very disappointed I was. The food and service where terrible I ordered the surf and turf and my shrimp was raw in the middle. The caprese salad was so bland. The only good part about our 80$ meal was the asparagus soup and the beautiful house. I do not recommend this place for anyone.

• Visited June 2013
Tennessee
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is in a 107 year old home with beautiful gardens and wonderfully restored interior. A quiet, open setting and great food. If we were Cedar City residents this would be one of our "go-to" dinning places. The menu has a little of everything. It seems like anybody could find something to suit. The Coquilles St. Jacques were delicious and the Italian lemon cream cake was the crowning glory to the meal.

• Visited June 2013
Vail, Colorado
“Lovely place, food does not live up to atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Really, really wanted to like this place. Located in a lovely craftsman house on a quiet side street. We arrived on a warm evening, it was stuffy where we were seated, (windows did not open, and AC was not on yet), so we asked to be seated outdoors, which was very pleasant. Unfortunately the food did not live up to the atmosphere. The chef has created an ambitious menu, which looks very inviting. My companion's prime rib was lacking in flavor and had a peculiar spongy texture, accompanied by uninspired sides. Not being very hungry, I ordered an entree salad. Possibly the most disappointing salad I have ever tried to eat. Somewhat wilted lettuce was accompanied by jarred beets, tastless asparagus spears (?) tough artichoke hearts, also out of a jar, and tough grape tomatoes. Worst of all was the dressing, an inedible combination of olive oil, way too much balsamic vinegar and what was touted as roasted garlic, but tasted like bitter, burnt garlic. To the chef: No amount of fancy preparation makes up for inferior ingredients. Maybe this passes for gourmet in Cedar City, but with a little effort, I.E. better quality ingredients, this place could be much better. I am sorry to have to give this restaurant a mediocre rating, but it is deserving...I did not give it a poor rating, because the atmosphere is very pleasant and perhaps those in charge will attempt to improve the quality of their ingredients.

• Visited May 2013