“I like there Calzone!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
“I like there Calzone!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I was quickly seated! I ordered a calzone. It took about 5 min to serve. It's worth $8.5. Place looked clean. Food was hot. Service was quick!

Honolulu
“The convenience sold us, the pizza was generic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We're from Hawaii and although we would have loved to take advantage of the lower price of Domino's pizza (our favorite here in Hawaii because of the sauce and price), we always make it a point to eat at places we don't have in Hawaii.

We drove from Page, AZ through the scenic byway to Cedar Breaks and Brian Head then down to Cedar City. We were pooped and just wanted to eat something warm in the comfort of our hotel room. The first pizza joint highly recommended by the Abbey Inn staff was busy (it was Friday night) so we decided to go to the Cedar City Pizza Factory. Being so pooped our from our drive and our hikes the days before, we were thrilled to see a Drive-Thru window at Pizza Factory. The guy who helped us at the window (we called in our order) was very nice, young - probably in his 20's, great customer service. We would have given Pizza Factory an Excellent Service Rating because of him, but the gal who took our order sounded uninterested and uninformed. She must have been new because she didn't know how much the pizzas were, etc.

We ordered a small pizza with Canadian Bacon and pineapple on it, I think it came out to $11. Good price compared to Hawaii, but a few dollars higher than Domino's. We forgot to ask for thin crust, not even sure it's available since it's not listed on the menu (online). The crust was ok, cooked well, but nothing to write home about...another reason we love Domino's...their regular crust is lightly seasoned. Our Pizza Factory pizza was fresh but the tomato sauce was too plain...it had no flavor. Again, not bad, but it didn't wow us either.

If we return to Cedar city, this wouldn't be our first choice...partly because we'd want to try something new and partly because it wasn't fabulous enough to make us want to go here again. We did however love not having to get out of our car...tired and it was pretty cold for two people from Hawaii!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank TravelWithCameraHI
Cedar City, Utah
“Their salad bar is generic at best.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

The salad bar looks like it came out of a bag or a can! If you like breadsticks and pizza than this place would be worth eating at. Other than that....it's lacking.

Visited August 2012
Ogden, Utah
“Okay-- not great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family had pasta and it was okay but not great. We had read an ad saying this was the best Italian place in Cedar City so we were looking foward to a great meal. The breadsticks are huge and they are REALLY GOOD. But the side salads were average-- a bowl with some romaine lettuce and drsg-- nothing special. Meanwhile, I wanted to eat my breadsticks with my spaghetti but the spaghetti had not arrived. The waitress came and gave us our check. We told her that we hadn't had our dinner yet-- she had forgotten us. When the spaghetti came, the noodles were soggy. They don't have meatballs for spaghetti either-- she said she could put sausage on top of the pasta. Don't meatballs go with spaghetti? My boothe had some sauce on the seat-- luckily I didn't sit in it. The salad bar seemed good although I didn't have anything from it and the breadsticks were very good. I would not go to this restaurant again.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank oceans226
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Got pizza to go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Last night we had just arrived in Cedar City after a rather long day of sight seeing. We were kind of tired and decided to bring in a pizza after we had checked into the hotel. Being as the Pizza Factory was just down the street and very easy to find we decided to try them.

I had a short wait before I could order, but that was because there was a large party ahead of me. As soon as the girl at the counter could, she took my order. I was very pleased to find that they had pastrami available as a topping for their pizza! This is one of my favorites and seems to be a real rarity. My wife wanted beef topping - easy enough - they'll do them half & half! So, it was a small 1/2 pastrami & 1/2 beef. I only waited about 15 minutes, so it was quite quick. And at $10 for a small pizza, it was pretty reasonable.

Overall, the pizza was very good. The crust tasted fresh made and had a very good bread flavor that was slightly sweet. Everything tasted fresh in fact. The pastrami was very lean and had a nice flavor and the beef was very good as well. The only thing I would have liked is a little more sauce on it. There were spots that had more sauce than others - a few bites really had almost none. This was really a shame, as the sauce was really very good.

Overall, service was good and the pizza was good, but could've used a little improvement. I wasn't disappointed really, but there was some room for improvement.

• Visited October 2012