“very helpful...steve f.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Cedar City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 17, 2014

was very helpful and kind and assist with my hotel questions was lost and needed some info. on the hotel I need to book for sat. he helped hotel code and book my next hotel in new mexico before my cell phone battery was out. the best and helpful...thank you steve.

Room Tip: rooms were clean and comfy...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Kerry,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so glad that Steve helped and make sure your stay was comfortable. I am also glad to know that your room was clean and comfortable. Our housekeeping staff is dedicated to their job and I am glad that you noticed it.
We hope to see you soon on your next trip.
Thank you again for making us your choice for lodging.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My family (2kids,two folks me and my husband)have checked in to this hotel for 2 night.I read a lot of review regards to this hotel. The main reason I chooses this hotel is because is smoke free...so they will be so great for my family as non of us smoke. When we checked in we were to sign the form of the policy non smoking in the room.... Everything seems to be fine.........?????But when I arrived back home in Singapore I found that my credit card was charged by additional US$150. Equivalent to S$195?????I tried to contact the hotel. And spoken the manager maliuk ..he told me that I was fine for smoking inside the room....I found so ridiculous...none of my family members smoke ....and yet we were being accused of smoking inside the room...he told me he got evidence ..and send me a photo with 12 cigarette butts in a cup that he found in the room..mr maliuk let me ask you one question..if any of my family member smoke in your hotel room. Will they leave so many cigarettes butts behind for you to charge or not?Please use your brain. You keep emphasis your housekeeping they are very honest. They never lie...so you are saying your guest are lying.YOUR WAY OF TREATING THE GUEST REALLY PISSSED ME OFF.....overall your hotel is not really fantastic..I was staying on the second level..whereby is noisy whenever people up and down the stairs...and I agree with the review that the wall in the room are so thin that during my stay I can hear the people conversation next door and the snoring from the other room.Promised will never come back again...and advise guest that stay in this hotel to leave tipping when you checked out and take photo or get witness to check the room before you leave.,,you don't know what the housekeeper and the manager maliuk will present what photo to charge the hotel guest ...for things that they never done!!!!Will never back to this hotel again...mr maliuk please use your brain. Mr Manager

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Hohweefang
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest,
It is unfortunate that reviews, from time to time, can become a public way to exploit and explode incidents such as yours. The pictures I sent was legit and absolutely from your room. You have booked 2 rooms. Your guest in your room smoked in the room. We have very strict policy for smokers who smoke in the room. I am not surprised to see your review since were expecting your review when you started to blackmail us to get refund.
Unfortunately our try to notify TripAdvisor was not succeed. I will let the majority of great reviews herein speak for themselves. But we are very serious with our smoking policy.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Quite a nice hotel, spacious, clean and the staff were accommodating. There are cafes closeby where you can get a marvellous cup of coffee and some lunch. The lobby comes across as quite welcoming, and the staff are nice. They also have big spaces for the driveway. A good, practical option.

Dear Brittany,
Thank you very much for your honest review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon when you visit Cedar City.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I would say this one of the best business hotels that I have been to - the location, rooms and the accommodating staff who are all smiles throughout our stay from the time we pulled in until we left. They really know how to take care of their guests and I really enjoyed their personalized service. Breakfast was sumptuous, which we had on our first morning, not a thing out of place. Their price range is quite reasonable for the location. They have great amenities and very accessible to the life outside. Excellent business option.

Dear Alton,
Thank you for your excellent review and five star ratings. I will share your comments with my staff. We hope to see you next time when you are in cedar city.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is at best a run of the mill hotel.
The hotel room is clean, but the carpets are worn, the beds are hard. No extra goodies out except for coffee in the hallway.
Something to remember, not all comfort suites are equal. This one is definitely not great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Your review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. We are in the planning stages and will soon be taking large steps to enhance our property. Your satisfaction is important to us. I kindly invite you to reach out to me to discuss any more pros and/or cons you may have with our hotel.
Please come back and give us another try, because we are
sure you will love the improvements we are making. Feel free to contact me directly at
gm.ut114@choicehotels.com if you need any more assistance.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My family was recently stranded in Cedar City during a severe snowstorm. We chose Comfort Inn & Suites based on price and reviews. When we arrived, the front desk staff was helpful in making adjustments to our booking which we had made through an outside website. The room was clean and comfortable and we enjoyed the delicious hot breakfast in the morning. We were impressed to see members of the hotel staff going above and beyond by helping guests dig their cars out of the deep snow in the morning. When we arrived home several hours later and I realized I had left my wedding ring on the bathroom counter, I called the hotel. The employee I spoke with told me that it hadn't been turned in yet but that he was sure it would be. Despite his confidence I was certain I would never see it again and was heartbroken. I was shocked when two days later the manager called to tell me that he had my ring and that it could be sent to me promptly. Thank you Maulik and your wonderful staff!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out such a fantastic review! I have shared your comments with my front desk staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We're so happy that you received your wedding ring back. We know the emotional value of it is priceless.
I thank you one more time for trusting us and hope to see you again in future when you visit Cedar city.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

When we arrived without a reservation, the desk clerk was very outgoing and got us checked-in quickly. The breakfast room was very clean and more than enough choices to choose from. Very nice and comfy beds, overall the best Hotel we stayed in during our week road trip.!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and rating. We look
forward to our next opportunity to provide you with pleasant and comfortable accommodations and
service on future visits.