“Great hotel for business”

Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
GreenLeadersSilver level
USA Oxford MA
“Great hotel for business”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Comfort Inn was an excellent hotel for business in the Cedar City area. I stayed there for few nights while attending a conference. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, as no time was wasted for check in. The hotel room was modern and clean, and I need to mention that the bed was cozy. The view from the room I stayed in was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Bridget,
Thank you very much for your five star review. Your amazing comments are very much appreciated. I am glad during the conference we could accommodate you and your colleagues comfortably. The bedding in your room was recently upgraded. And we have more upgrades coming soon.
We are glad to announce our truly yours bedding. It will include new pillows, comforter and blankets. It is coming very soon, so we hope on your next trip you will be able to take advantage of that. I want to thank you one more time for giving amazing ratings and staying with us.

Maulik V.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed October 3, 2013

After vacation I noticed an additional $26.00 fee for a pet fee inwhich was not to suppose to be charged. I booked through Hotels.com but when arriving at the hotel there were no notes regarding the pet. The clerk offered 2 nights you get a 3rd free at any Comfort Inn. He offered If we join he would waive the pet fee. We agreed. After vacation I contacted the hotel directly the owner/ manager told me if I disputed the charge he would take it from the employee pay. This is wrong. I called Corp inwhich I suggest anyone do if they have an issue with any Comfort Inn @ 800 300-8806.

Room Tip: Should be reported to the labor board
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharyl01
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Sheryl,
Thank you very much for your comments. I want to take this opportunity and explain this issue, so our guest in future will not have same issues. I tried to explain that on phone, but I feel unfortunate that I could not convince you since you already made up your mind.
When you book your rooms on hotels.com or any other third party websites, you are only paying room and taxes. Even those websites have disclaimer that any other incidentals and charges can be paid upon check in time at hotel. We have 42" TV at front desk, where we show our pet policy continuously. We have 8*11 sign right at the front desk, it shows and explain our pet policy. We also have pet policy printed on the guest folio, which every guest signs upon check in. ( you also signed one).
Choice hotels International and Hotels.com are two different companies. Hotels.com runs their own promotions and CHI has their own. If you book room on Hotels.com, you can not take advantage of any other website promotion. You wanted to mix and match two different promotions from two different websites, which is not possible.
That was what my front desk staff trying to explain upon your check in. But I am sorry his explanation was not enough.
I will let the majority of great reviews herein speak for themselves, and hope that I may hear from you soon.

Nanaimo
Reviewed September 30, 2013

It was day 6 of our road trip and as many hotels and stopping here was a real pleasure. Rooms were huge, spotless and wonderful. Bed was comfortable, mini fridge, which is great when you have a cooler and need to keep things cool and freeze up the ice packs. There was an indoor pool and hot tub that we used and it was also spotless and warm on those sitting all day muscles. They also have a lift that can put handicapped people into the pool.. fascinating and what a great idea. We have a pet and the fee is $25 which is more than we have paid anywhere but when we got into the room saw that on the corner of the tv stand a dog visitor had chewed on it, so I realize its not just about maybe a dog hair or odors, but there are other considerations. If our room was pet friendly room, besides the chew marks you would never know a pet had stayed there. Breakfast included with the room, which included eggs and sausage, yoghurt and all the other normal quick breakfast items. Lovely little town and great hotel. I would highly recommend.

Green Features: Doggie bags outside for dog visitors and recycling bins for garbage!
Dear Anna,
I like your screen name. Thank you very much for your comments. We are happy to know that your stay was enjoyable. I will share your comments with my staff. I will definitely consider your concern on pet fees. We were not pet friendly couple years ago. But tremendous feedback and requests made us to welcome our four legged guests, and we love to accommodate them. We want to make sure after check out, we keep our rooms neat, clean and fresh for our next valuable guest. That is one of the reason we charge additional $25.
We hope to see you soon on your next trip to Cedar City.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 20, 2013

From excellent location to great facilities and impeccable services, this hotel has it all. Being accustomed with Business 4 and 5 star hotels, I cannot emphasize enough the way this hotel just took my expectations to another level. I had a high level room, which ensured quietness. The room itself was spacious and bright. Staff was professional, yet friendly, and seemed to actually pay attention to my expressed needs, which were promptly attended. Overall, with all amenities advertized on their site in good order, and a little extra from the staff, this hotel is the place to return to when travelling to Cedar City with work!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rixon665544
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Rixon,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and giving us amazing ratings. Your honest comments are very much appreciated. We try our level best to make sure every room that our guests stay stay well appointed and cleaned. And we are glad that you noticed that.
We will see you again on your next trip to Cedar City. Thank you kindly.

afton, va
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were taking a long motorcycle trip and ended up extending our stay because of the rain . The staff were very nice. Our rooms were clean and the breakfast was typical Comfort Inn. The pool and spa are excellent. They are very motorcycle friendly and allowed us to park the bikes under the front portico.

1 Thank mjbAfton
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your fabulous review. Your five star rating is very much appreciated. We are so glad that our staff delighted you, and you found your stay enjoyable. Our staff is dedicated to solve any issue or question our valued guest may have. And I am so glad that your parking issue was easily resolved.
We hope to see you again in future. Thank you again for making Comfort In, Cedar City your home away from home.

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here one nite after we left Bryce Canyon. Close to the hwy easy on and off , lots close by, applebees restaurant, walmart, gas stations etc. breakfast was a little less than the average comfort inn & suites. Our air conditioner in the room leaked and the carpeting was damp when we got up in the morning. Fire alarm went off at 5:45 am while I was in the shower - no smoke so my husband called down to the front desk and the person at the front desk said the fire dept was testing the system, but when we went down to breakfast we could smell smoke from badly burned toast. It did get everyone up and moving early by doing that. If you are in the area good location to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you kindly for your honest feedback. We really appreciate that, since it helps us improve and give us chance to fix the problems. We are glad that our location worked out fine for you.
I am so sorry about the damp carpet. In fact the water was not from air conditioner. Actually the carpet in your room was shampooed the day before you checked in. Unfortunately the area under the air conditioner did not dry, and I am sorry that our staff missed that too. About the fire alarm we are very sorry for the inconvenience. It was very unfortunate and unseen for us. I hope you give us another chance in future.
Thank you again for making us your choice to stay.
Florida
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nice, clean and fairly new. Not much in the way of dining within walking distance but other then that a good place to stay. I would stay there again. The pool and spa were nice and breakfast was as expected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank m2ice
Dear Value Guest,
We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I will definitely share your words with my staff, since they are always eager to hear how their dedication and hard work replicates.
We hope to see you again in future on your next trip to Parks.
Thank you again.