Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City
Average 3/5
Rodeway Inn(Cedar City)
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsfront deskpet feeroom was cleanwafflesstores and restaurantsthe wi fisausagestay there againair conditionerstayed nightszion national parkking suiteparking lotfirst floorgreat place to staynice stayroad trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Awesome! I made my reservation online (not Comfort Inn's site) and I was SURE I made it for Saturday. But it ended up in the system for Friday - I'm conceding it was my fault, but it was really dissapointing to arrive after a 8 hour drive at 10pm only to find I wasn't in the hotel's system. They were SO nice to me - found a room, and the next day the manager worked things out with the online site that booked my reservation. I couldn't believe it. They treated me so much nicer than I expect from an average hotel. Totally impressed with them. Plus the room was cosy, clean, and breakfast was good too. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter as long as they are away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for giving is fabulous review. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Our hotel staff is dedicated for the best we have to offer. And I am so glad that we succeed. We encourage you call or book your rooms on our website directly, so the guests have more flexibility to change or cancel reservations in emergency or in case of mistakes.
Thank you again for amazing review.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Upon arriving at 10pm, I waited at the counter for well over 20 minutes before even being able to talk to the clerk. Even though myself and another person were greeted and asked f we had reservations. I did, the other person did not. Did this speed things along? No.

Then after paying premium for a hot tub room, I gay my keys only to head to the room and find the door held open by the deadbolt. The room is dirty, soap on the sink, ice bag in the sink ect. Immediately leaving the room and heading back to the desk I'm then asked to have a seat and wait while the clerk "investigates" the room. Some minutes later he's back to the counter, on the phone yet again, and I'm forced to stand my luggage while someone else who didn't pay for a premium room, or even reserve yet, is helped before me.

Cutting off his phone call I just ask for another room. No matter that I've been driving all day and really wanted that tub. Of course to comparable room is available and he so kindly knocks down my rate to the standard for the room he is now offering me. So nice since I'm not willing to pay premium for two queen beds at what is now 11pm.

To room, to bed, whatever right? Sure.

On to breakfast. Hard boiled eggs, no shell, turned into rubber lumps place in a steamer tray. Next to greasy sausage patties with watered down coffee. Lets not forget the creamer bowl empty because the breakfast girl has been reading instead of coming out and wiping tables ect.

Honestly I expected more. I DO NOT recommend this place. The best I can say us the sheets were clean and the clerk didn't break his formal character no matter how the customer in front of me tried to joke and charm him. That was mildly amusing to watch.

• Stayed: August 2013
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Mr. Hutch,
Please let me apologize for the rude, inattentive treatment you received from our front desk clerk upon check in. I have addressed his behavior with him directly, and he joins me in offering apology for your exchange. At your convenience, please contact me at gm.ut114@choicehotels.com
I would like to make up for your poor experience. We try our level best to accommodate all our guest with same priority. If there was a lack in our performance, we are terribly sorry. I hope to talk to you soon. Than you kindly.

Maulik Vyas.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at quite a few comfort inns these last few days. This one is by far the cleanest and most comfortable one. We stayed in a 2 queen room. The beds were nice and firm just the way we like them and we got a good nights sleep. They have a pool which we didn't use. The view we got from our window was beautiful. The continental breakfast was well stocked even though there were a lot of people in there. The staff was very helpful. Would recommend!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your five star review. Your comments and feed back is very much appreciated. I will share your kind words with my staff. May be on your next trip, you want to take advantage of our indoor heated pool. We are few of the hotels keep our pool open year a round.
I want to thank you again for making us your home away from home. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to Cedar City.

Maulik Vyas
General Manager.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We come to Cedar City every year for the Utah Shakespeare Festival, and we have a hotel we usually like to stay at, but this year we weren't sure when we were coming until the last minute, and the other one was booked. Expedia selected the Comfort Inn and Suites, and the price was terrific. We stayed 4 nights and through Expedia the 4th night was free. They have a screen in the lobby showing they are a highly rated hotel by TripAdvisor. The lobby was very clean, and the staff member who helped us was friendly and helpful. The lobby and hallways were quite warm, and in August I would think they would be air conditioned. The room was spacious with 2 queen beds. It, too, was warm, but the air conditioner cooled it off nicely after we turned it on. Some hotels know guests are coming and are already cooled, but this one did not. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was very clean, and the room was nicely clean. Excellent full hot breakfast of scrambled eggs, meat, and pancakes, and then cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, milk, juices, and such were also available. The breakfast area is very clean and large accommodating many people at the same time. Room has microwave and refrigerator. There is a nice indoor pool, and the hotel is right off exit 57 of I-15. We could get to the Festival in 5 minutes or so depending on traffic and how many red lights we hit. Our regular hotel is closer to the Festival, but this one served us quite well anyway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such a great review. We are glad that your stay was enjoyable. We hope that you make us your primary hotel for next year. The Festival season is almost at end. But we are open year a round to provide best value and accommodations. We have numbers of things for winter as well. Brian Heads Ski resort is only half an hour drive from us. This season come, enjoy skiing and snowboarding.
I thank you again for choosing us for you lodging needs. We hope to see you in near future.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Although we only stayed as a stop over for one night, the hotel was clean and well appointed. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. It is ideally located within walking distance to Walmart and restaurants. It also has an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. The breakfast buffet which is included in the room price was decent; eggs, bacon, waffles, cereals, breads, juices, etc. Overall, a nice place. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Shirley,
Thank you very much for great review. We are so glad that your stay was comfortable. We hope on your next trip you would stay with us longer. Our location is very convenient to visit Both Bryce and Zion National park in couple days. In addition you can also take advantage of world famous Shakespearean festival. The shows will go on till October. Beautiful Wild Flower Festival at Cedar Breaks National Monument just had ended. Usually it starts in early July.
Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to Cedar City.