“Worth for the Money!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Worth for the Money!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here on our way back from Zion National Park. It is a very very good place. Very new/updated, clean and the staff are so friendly. The rooms were very clean and so were the linens. We were traveling with a small baby, and they made us comfortable in the clean room.
It was totally worth it for the money. And they had a wide range of Breakfast.

Will surely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule and sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Our staff takes great proud every time we get five star opinion. We always they our level best to offer great value in the city.
Thank you again for choosing comfort inn and suites in cedar city for your lodging needs. We hope to see you soon on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
henderson, nv
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Dear Mr Vyas-Wanted to send you an email regarding our visit to your property this last weekend. We were a group that had 3 rooms and all of us had problems. I have been coming to your place whenever we have come to Cedar City for the last few years. Probably won't continue. Read on for the various issues we experienced:
l. On arrival, one of the rooms the phone and a lamp did not work. In my room, the refrig went on and off over the 3 days.
2. On our second day, after leaving the property at 9AM, and returning at 430-5PM, all three of the rooms were not cleaned. Really, we were out the entire day to return to dirty rooms. They never were cleaned that day.
3. One of the reason I use the property, is the workout room, and especially the treadmill. It was broken, and unusable on Thursday. Told the front desk, never fixed during our stay and could not use the treadmill at all. Asked again Friday, and Saturday, but nothing was done.
4. In all of our rooms, our TV had NO news stations at all. Could not get the network stations, or CNN. We informed the front desk and were told its an outside provider and they could do nothing about it.
At a daily rate of $135-140.00, I am sure I could find a place where I would not have all these issues. The worst of all, the staff usually had no solutions, and could only apologize. That's not enough.

We'll be seeking other lodging when we return to Cedar City in Sept/Oct.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Stephen G,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and feedback. I am so sorry I did not receive any email regarding these issues. But your comments are heard and necessary actions has been taken.
I apologize for getting your room serviced late. We try to provide service to all rooms by 6 pm. Our first priority is to get checked out rooms cleaned, so we could get reservations get in on time. I am sorry again if any inconvenience occurred because of that.
The television only needed to be re-scanned. It is done already. Our treadmill is fixed now. I am so sorry to lose you as our loyal guest. But if you give us another chance, your experience would be different.
I want to thank you for choosing us in past. Your experience this time was not up to your expectation. For that please accept my sincere apologies. We hope to see you soon on your next trip. Please call me at 530-401-0236, so I can personally arrange your future stay in September.
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Check in here was difficult as there was only one person behind the desk and at least four families waiting to check in. Other than that, everything was very nice, from the comfortable beds to the good breakfast. No issues here except for the check in. Good room for a good price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are glad to know that your stay was comfortable. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and great feedback. We sincerely apologize for delay in your check in. I assure you that we will consider your comments seriously and implement the resolution at prompt. We try our level best to finish check in process as quick as possible. It only delays if the guests have additional local area attraction questions. I will make sure we will fix the delay.
Thank you again for your kind review. We are so proud and happy to make you feel home away from your home. We hope to see you soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room was large and clean, and the complimentary breakfast was pretty standard. The location has easy interstate access, and there are several restaurants nearby. I must agree with other's comments about the $1.50 charge for the safe. This is not mentioned at check-in, and had others not commented, I wouldn't even have known there was a safe in the room. We did not use the safe, and I'm sure most people that spend just one night do not use the safe either -- yet, there it is on the bill at check-out. I didn't complain, but should have. In my opinion, this is just another way of getting a little extra money. We typically stay at other hotel chains, (Drury, Hampton, Marriott, etc.) and none of these have hidden charges that appear on the bill at check-out. It's not the amount of the charge, it's the principle. Comfort Inn makes you initial at check-in about their zero noise tolerance, their pet policy, their nightly rate -- but no mention of the charge for the safe. Multiply the $1.50 by the number of rooms, and they've collected a tidy little sum for absolutely nothing!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy R
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Kathy,
Thank you very much for an honest feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated. In room safe is our optional service we offer to every guests. Since we are on destination location, we have been receiving lots of requests from our international guests to have safe in the rooms for their valuables. Some times it is requested by even wedding parties and so on. We do not benefit or claim any extra profit from safe charges. To satisfy our guests needs, we simply collect safe charges and hand over to the company we signed lease with. We also pay taxes on those charges we collect.
The main and very important reason we do not ask every guests if they will be using safe in the room is that, OUR EMPLOYEES OR ANYBODY WHO CAN HEAR OUR CHECK IN CONVERSATION DO NOT NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE VALUABLES AND WILL BE USING SAFE. However if you do not use safe, or not intend to use safe during your stay, you can simply ask us to remove charges, and we will remove them with out any question.
In fact please call me at 530-401-0236 with your confirmation number, and I will be glad to remove safe charges from you final bill. Unfortunately I do not have enough information of your stay, so I could not do so. But if you call me and provide your date of stay, I will remove charges gladly.
Thank you very much again for sharing your concerns with us, I hope to see you soon when you are in Cedar City.
Hemet, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stopped after a long day of driving and were pleased to hear the hotel was pet friendly and the rates were reasonable. Very friendly Steve helped us check in quickly and we found ourselves in a very clean room. Breakfast was very nice. We will plan to stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you kindly for giving us 5 star review. We are always curious to see such reviews. Your positive feedback motivates and gives our staff more to do. Steve is one of the best we have. I am so glad that he made your stay delightful.
June is just beginning of heat up. It is nice and sunny here in Cedar City. Please advance book your next stay to get advantage of best rates. See you soon.
thank you again for great feedback.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2013

It should be noted that the staff is the ONLY reason I am giving this hotel an average rating. I would have given it a terrible rating had it not been for the front desk staff and cleaning lady. I will begin with check-in. When we checked in we were informed by the manager that the total bill would be more than we expected, that we were given the wrong room rate. Very suspicious in my opinion, as the room rate we were given when we booked the hotel was the same online as it was when we called the hotel. My husband expressed his displeasure with this, the room rate was reduced however, the manager refused to honor the quoted rate. We never would have stayed at this hotel for the same price as the Double Tree or Hyatt. This property is not remotely capable of commanding those prices. Wholly unacceptable in my opinion.

After we went to our room, we were absolutely disgusted by the sofa. I have never, in my entire life, seen a sofa in a hotel room that was so filthy. And I highly doubt they were just stains...as it is highly unlikely that they steam clean the sofas after each guest. There was mold in the bathroom, the lighting was exceptionally dim and the bed was uncomfortable and springy. The flooring was stained and faded. We have a dog and we stayed at two hotels during our trip where we were given rooms that were beaten down and dirty because we had a dog. This was one of the two hotels.

There were a few good things. The Wi-Fi was fairly decent although there were several periods of time in which it cut in and out. The staff is honest and friendly. The young ladies who work the front desk in the morning and in the evenings, were wonderful. They were friendly and helpful. When we checked out, my husband left a rather large diamond wedding band on the dresser, the cleaning lady came running after us to give it back to him. He would have been devastated had she not been so honest and quick. Thank you to the cleaning lady!

I cannot say the same for the manager, who has many short comings.

Room Tip: Be wary of the rate they give you over the phone, and plan on getting a dirty broken-down room if yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Catori76
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule and reviewing your stay. I am glad you found our rest of staff nice. I am surprised and feel unfortunate that we never even talked in person, I only spoke to your husband and he seemed very happy and satisfied when I adjusted the rates. I am sorry for miscommunication between you and reservations. I gave benefit of doubt to you as you were our valued guest. Our staff works as team. They are honest and hardworking, and I am so glad that you noticed that.
Anything it does not belong to us in room is valuable to guest, so even if your husband forgot a pair of socks, it would have brought to your attention. I feel so unfortunate that I could not even speak to you in person before you gave opinion for me.
Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to see you soon in future, and I insist to come see us. I am sure your opinion will be different then.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The front desk person was excellent! He checked us in the night before and the next morning remembered my name and greeted us on our way to breakfast. The room was clean. The food for a continental breakfast was very good and everything was kept well stocked.

Room Tip: Call in and speak to the front desk they helped us out
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are here to serve best of our ability to our guests. And I am glad to know that we succeed. Just to inform you that our truly yours bedding is introducing very soon. Our brand new Serta mattresses are already placed. We are in continuous effort to make sure we give best value and good night sleep to all our guests.
Next time you will visit us, you may find new spreads and blankets as well. Thank you again for great review and being our loyal guests.