“can't cool room”

Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 10, 2011

AC is limited. No matter where you set the thermostat, it will not cool the room to an acceptable temp.
Seems to be a new trend by some hotels to lower costs. Could not sleep for the 2 nights I stayed there.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if outside temperature is hot. AC won't cool room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
pkkansagra, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Hello
Valued gust. I thanks for your comment.. But I apolize for inconveniency. We repalce defective Thermostate.
Pk Kansagra

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Clean tidy with a hard working management and staff. Good breakfast and location.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SafetyHarbor
pkkansagra, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Thanks for your time to wrote review and response.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at!!! Great front desk and a clean quiet room. Would stay here again!!! Thanks

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
David S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2015

Dear Danny M.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We love to hear back from our guests, we would like to invite you back to stay with us and experience the new beds and pillows, we upgraded to since your stay in 2011

Reviewed September 13, 2011

When you're traveling to a small town (business and pleasure) and you don't want to stay in an unknown local hotel or with family or the options/choices are few or booked; you go with a known hotel. I reviewed all the hotels in this small city and my first choice was unavailable (and I was a registered "premier" client with the chain), I decided to try this Comfort Inn & Inn in this small city - Cedar City, Utah.

I'm glad I did. The Pros are;

1) Finding the hotel. It was located in the south end of the town, less than 6 minutes away from there nearest mall with prominent named stores and restaurants. Go north on their main street and you go through all of their main town. Can't get lost.

2) Plenty of restaurants are located near the hotel (fast and sit down, named and locallyknown).

3) Arrived late at the hotel (Labor Day Weekend, they were sold out), and they were prepared for my late arrival, had my room ready to go. All the personnel who I encountered were more then amicably; asking if I needed anything at all times.

4) The room was perfect. The room was more than average size with a single non-smoking King size bed. TV, air conditioning, bed comfortable with several pillows, coffee/tea maker, iron and iron board, plenty of towels and all the amendities to make me feel comfortable. It also had Free WIFI connection which they give you your user ID and password when you check in.

5) A Continental buffet style breakfast was available. Unfortunately, the one time I got up to have the breakfast, it was swamped with travelers (Labor Day weekend). It was well set up with many tables in a seperate dining room/area.

6) It had a seperate business center/area with an internet connection and printer at no extra charge.

7) Most important - it was "clean" throughout the hotel. I'm a picky person about places where I stay (especially the bathroom). It was cleaned everyday I stayed (four day/three nights) and the level of cleaniness was Excellent. The reason I gave this hotel only four stars (would of given it four and half stars if available) is because it is a renovated hotel and it was well done. I'll go back in one year and see if they have maintained or excelled in maintaining the rating I give it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Deborah G
pkkansagra, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Thanks for your friendly review. We appreciate to spend your time wrote opinion.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here with our family of 5 in August in route to and from Yellowstone. The place is clean. Rooms are basic 2 - 3 star. Breakfast is good expanded continental. Service is good. My daughter left her cell phone and a book on our first stay. They called us before we knew they were missing, and held them for us until we returned 10 days later.
The good: Clean. Quiet at night. Good wireless internet. Easy on/off freeway. Several chain restaurants and a Walmart nearby to restock travel items.
The bad: Beds were not great. Rollaway was horrible, and didn't even have a mattress cover or pad on it, and sheets didn't fit. Would have been better in camping gear on the floor. Pool was so chlorinated the kids couldn't even go in it, so that was very disappointing.
This hotel is a good value for an overnight stop, if you don't need an extra bed or want to use a pool. Not in town, so not the best for theater visit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear SunnyMom,

Thank you so much for your review on our hotel. We would like to apologize for the pool being so chlorinated, but due to stringent health codes, we are required to keep it at levels they are mandated. As far as the beds, since your stay we have upgraded the mattress's, the pillows, and the bedding to make your nights with us more comfortable. We have also recently upgraded our internet to fiber, so we have the fastest internet for hotels in cedar city. We are constantly doing things to make your stay spectacular, and memorable, and the feedback our guests give us, goes a long way in helping to achieve that.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

This was the first night's stay for our Utah vacation. There was a sign for no vacancy when we arrived so I was glad we had made a reservation. We had a suite which had 3 queens with 2 bedrooms which worked great since my husband and I were traveling with my dad. Breakfast was excellent and we were able to get out to CedarBreaks for sunrise and back for breakfast. Very busy hotel but didn't have to wait checking in.out. Little noisy being so close to the freeway but that is also a plus for getting back on our way to Zion. Also very close to the Catholic church.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear Bridget B,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we hope you enjoyed the National Parks during your stay as much, as you did our hotel, we would like to invite you back this summer to stay with us again, and make some more memories with the family.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Ideally situated just off the freeway but you don't hear any traffic noise. The building looks pretty new and our room was very spacious with all the ameneties we needed. I had the hotel indoor heated pool to myself for 2 days running. The hotel & pool are both very clean. Breakfast was ideal with plenty of choice and a nice dining area.

It's a business-feel hotel rather than a tourist hotel, but it has everything we wanted.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear VillaMTBMan,

Thank you for staying with us, we do cater to business, but family as well, we try to accommodate every traveler, whether business, or pleasure. So the next time you come to southern Utah, we will look forward to having you as our guest again.