“Just ok”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thurmont
Louisiana
“Just ok”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Let me be upfront & honest. This was my first ever Super 8 experience. I don't frequent 5 star properties but appreciate a good clean & comfortable place. Considering there's not much else in Thurmont, it was our choice to stay here. However, the furniture was old & appeared worn out & it wasn't exactly sonic & span. The girl who checked us in was disheveled looking & had a crying infant on her hip during the process. It appeared they were residents of the place. The lady attending the breakfast station the next morning was nice & professional. It just makes one question the standards overall (things you can't see) when standards of front desk personnel are so low. And when I think about those sorts of things, I feel a need to scratch. All said & done, I'd drive on to another property & skip this one.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

my trip started out as a visit to my moms house for the weekend, but somethings came up and i had to stay for awhile near by my mother. So my mom recomended super 8 in thurmont she said it was a nice place and whould give me a nice room and be quiet. so i took my moms recomendation and ended up staying the whole week there. the staff was nice and the rooms where very clean and i had no problem with anything. when i needed more pillows all i had to do was call the front desk and they brought it right to my room. i loved my stay at super 8 in thurmont. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Edgewood, Maryland
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I left an expensive Tempurpedic pillow at this hotel. I made several calls to the hotel and was assured by the staff the pillow would be returned via mail. After a month, I contacted the owner to make arrangements to have it returned. The owner informed me that I would have to come get the pillow. I explained I live 6hrs away, and asked if he would ship the pillow back via standard mail (USPS), and offered to pay postage. He refused to even consider my request. This hotel owner has a total and complete lack of understanding of the meaning of customer service. I will NOT be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Thurmont hotels

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Bed Bugs ! I had the misfortune of staying at the Super 8 in Thurmont, MD Oct 2 and 3 '13 during a 6 week road trip for business. I awoke the first morning with a few bites I attributed to an hour the previous evening outside . The second morning I woke early to discover hundreds of bed bug bites on my upper torso. (See Photo) I imagine that bed bugs can happen anywhere and it is how an owner deals with them that you should judge the establishment.
When I showed the new owner of 1 year, Mr Jatin Thakkar, my bites, rather than apologizing or trying to make it right he was belligerent and confrontational . I was told if I left now he would give me a 25% discount on the two nights I was there but if I said a word I would get nothing back and be charged for the next 2 nights of my 4 night reservation. I was there with a group who occupied three quarters of the hotel and do so every year for a local event. When I mentioned this he told me he didn't need our business to pay his bills. Arrogance on top of belligerence is a bad combination for a business man. He portrays himself as a devout man. I am sorry but a devout man would not mistreat a traveler. He brings shame and disgrace on his family and company. I have traveled five continents, including India, and I get bed bugs in Maryland, USA. Isn't that a kick !--J Downing

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thurmont
Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg
Wyndham Gettysburg
Wyndham Gettysburg
#7 of 27 in Gettysburg
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Waynesboro

Been to Super 8 Thurmont? Share your experiences!