“Thurmont's Pearl of a restaurant!”

Simply Asia Thurmont
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Thurmont
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Simply Asia of Thurmont, Maryland is not your typical Chinese Restaurant. A Pan Asian Bistro specializing in Chinese, Thai, and Japanese cuisine. Our food is prepared fresh daily and made to order. Our top notch chef, "Sushi Johnny", is a true artist at our sushi bar. Check our specials board for new twists on your favorite dishes. Alcohol is not served here at Simply Asia, but you are more than welcome to bring your own, with our B.Y.O.B. policy. The staff here are fun and friendly and our customers are like family. We look forward to seeing you and don't forget to say "Hi!"
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Thurmont's Pearl of a restaurant!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The owner has very high standards in terms of freshness & food quality. He trains his employees properly, and has a history of managing anything from a family restaurant businesses to some high end restaurants, so I am glad he has finally opened his very own place! Don't let the strip mall location fool you. Anything from sushi to Thai to Chinese will be excellent. If you like fresh, non greasy, flavorful Asian food & reasonable portion sizes, this is the only place to come. His customers (from the previous locations that he managed) follow him. Even though there are plenty of Chinese restaurants 2 minutes from where I live, a number of his followers don't seem to mind traveling 25 minutes to eat his top notch Asian food. Simply Asia is by far my favorite trusted restaurant for Asian food!

1 Thank gettysart

Reston, Virginia
“Terrific Pacific”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Sometimes the hidden jewels are found in the most obscure of places. Simply Asia is one such gem. Tucked away in a small, non-descript strip mall on one of Thurmont’s main commercial drags, this restaurant offers astonishingly good food spanning Japanese, Chinese, and Thai cuisine.

According to the super-sympatico, super-professional waitress who served us on a recent visit, Simply Asia’s new (one year) management takes great pride in their food, creating from scratch all their dumplings, spring rolls, and the like on the spot as they are ordered. Cynics might assume that is just the party line handed out to unknowing customers – but the crispness of the Thai spring rolls we ordered as appetizers proved our waitress to be right. No skimping on substance, either; the rolls were loaded with shrimp.

For the main course my wife chose the orange peel chicken while I had the Panang chicken curry. One Chinese dish, one Thai, both superb and both served in very generous portions. The sauce for the orange peel chicken was excellent, with a nice but not overpowering bite, while the chicken itself was moist and delicious. The Panang curry was likewise first-rate, with just the right amount of spice and heat. The tender pieces of chicken in the curry were accompanied by a colorful medley of vegetables, including red peppers, green beans, and bamboo shoots. The final bill was only $31 before the tip.

Simply Asia would more than hold its own in any metropolitan area with a sizeable population of diners knowledgeable about Asian cuisine. It’s all the nicer to see this standard of culinary excellence in a small country town like Thurmont.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Vitez
Gettysburg PA
“Great Menu, Sushi, and service”
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to eat. The food is great and the sushi is fresh. If your close by stop in for the best crispy beef around! I will return many times..

2 Thank Chris B
Frederick, MD
“Average food, hoorrible service”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Tried this place for lunch on 5/11/12. Food was average. The service was absolutely terrible; truly nonexistent. Although our party of two was only one of two tables seated, our server completely forgot about us. Only after repeated complaints to management and interminable waits did our food arrive. Predictably, since it was probably left in the kitchen too long it was slightly little warmer than room temperature. The chicken in black bean sauce was greasy, the tofu pad thai was too spicy.

• Visited May 2012
Newville, Pennsylvania
“WOW, What A Fantastic Find In A Unexpected Location”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

To clarify something in Pator Lin's review. They serve Chinese, Thai and Japanese. The pan asian bistro as they call themselves is in a strip mall with limited parking and is just off of Rt. 15. This was my first visit and I found the staff to be very friendly as other reviewers stated, the decor is minimal but tastefully done. But it is the food that will be what keeps bringing me back.

I had a sweet mango roll which is 8 pieces and is considered a cooked chef' special roll. For my main dish I had crispy eggplant, I love eggplant, and it is considered a hot and spicy dish although I thought it could use more heat but then I love real hot and spicy food. The presentation of both dishes was absolutely gorgeous. The only thing that would have made the food better would have been the availability of brown rice.

This place would fit into a much larger market given the quality and portions they serve. If you are in the area you really should try this place.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank OBX717

Been to Simply Asia Thurmont? Share your experiences!