“Ah.....DELICIOUS fruit”

Catoctin Mountain Orchard
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Thurmont
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had been on the road for several days, when the signs for this Orchard reached out and grabbed us! Once we walked in, the amazing smells of all the fruit engulfed us! There was a wide variety of fruits and vegetables to choose from. They also had a room full of jellies, jams, and preserves. We bought way too much and ended up giving some away. BUT, we enjoyed every single bite! My Sis buys fruit here on a regular basis!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My sister and I decided to stop by this Farmer's Market to check out what goodies we might find. The first thing we noticed was the delicious smell of fruit and pies when we walked inside the door. Now we're Virginia girls, but I'll tell you what, this orchard grows some mighty fine applies along with many other fruits and vegetables. What struck me were two things -- the variety and the quality of the produce. I only wish we lived closer so that we could take advantage of all the offerings of this wonderful market. In addition to the freshly picked harvest, the store also had many other goodies such as freshly baked pies and treats, jams and jellies, candy and many other delights. The prices tend to be on the higher side, but -- if you're looking for a certain kind of apple or just want to indulge in the fresh fruits of the season, I recommend you make this a stop on your travels through Maryland's Route 15 countryside.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is my favorite orchard store for a reason. Great produce. Convenient. Pick-your own. Cider. Apple butter. Fresh baked pies.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

The orchard is a great place for just enjoying the scenery of the area. The strawberries that we picked were AWESOME as well!! :)

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Very expensive and nothing special in terms of quality. Their jams and jellies were obviously made by McCutchons in Frederick and private labelled and more money. Just go to the factory store.

Been to Catoctin Mountain Orchard? Share your experiences!