“Convenient, Clean & Cheap”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan
Ranked #289 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The PERFECT location for our overnight stay in NYC. La Quinta is only a few minutes away from the Manhattan Mall and many other popular locations in NYC. The rooms are fairly small (typical for NYC), but that didn't matter to my husband and I because we were only in the room to sleep. Parking our car was only $30 a night (the cheapest Ive heard of to park car a night). The breakfast included offered a decent variety of foods like cereal, muffins, toast, fruit, etc. The most important aspect that keeps us going to this hotel is the cleanliness- - from the rooms to the lobby. This was our second time staying at La Quinta and we will definitely stay there again when we go to the city. We look forward to going back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank babydo1l16
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I recently reserved a room at the La Quinta-Manhattan. I had stayed there before and I was impressed. Good price for the location. Simple. However the day BEFORE my reservation I received a CALL (no email) from them saying that they could not run my credit card and would cancel my reservation if I did not call back. I called back right away and they said my reservation was already gone. My credit number had been hacked (probably from making the reservation at the hotel) and I had a new card. Needless to say I had a three person reservation (2 women were pregnant) and they could only offer me a king size bed at a higher price and charged me even extra for a rollaway. They were not accommodating at all. The hotel might be nice but you never know what you are going to get as far as price and service. It was hard to find another hotel at the last minute. I ended up having to pay so much more than expected really put a damper on staying there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank travel_eee2014
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear travel_eee2014,
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry you had issues with your reservation and it was cancelled before you had a chance to call us back. Our policy is to cancel reservations that have an invalid credit card. We can assure you that we had not hacked your credit card when you originally made the reservation. After your reservation was cancelled we did not have the original room type available that you had booked and we apologize for this inconvenience. The rates vary constantly but we always guarantee competitive rates and always provide free breakfast, WIFI, and domestic phone calls.
We hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Liz from Apple Core Hotels

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This motel has an amazing location! Only a block from Macy's and a block from the Empire State Building. Being in korea town, there is plenty of great restaurants surrounding the hotel. Rooms were reasonably sized for New York, and spotless. The cleaners did a great job every day with the rooms. The bathroom was gorgeous! Really nice. Staff were brilliant and friendly, and breakfast was sufficient. People complain about how little the breakfast room is but I never had an issue with it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Elly M
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My family and I took a train from Washington, D.C. to New York for 3 days and 2 nights visit. I was looking for a hotel close to Penn Station, good location, good price and value. Based on our needs and good reviews we choose La Quinta Inn Manhattan. My wife and I stayed in a queen room on the 10th floor, the room was small, but it was perfect for us, since we just need it a place to rest . The room was clean, a nice T.V. , the restroom was clean, nice tub, hot water and a safe box in the closet for our valuables items like laptop and money.
Service: Our check in was decent, we arrived at 1:00pm, the lady at the front desk was not having a good day, she didn't informed us about the complementary breakfast and other amenities of the hotel, which it was ok, since I knew everything about the hotel because of all the reviews. However, she allows us to check in before 3:00pm which was great, since we wanted to leave our bags and start touring the city.
Location: The location was good, the hotel located in the heart of Korean town, they are plenty of Korean restaurants, Karaoke bars and a couple of pastries shops too. The Empire State Building, Macys and a subway station less than 5 minutes walking distance. Times Square is about 10 minutes away as well as Broadway theaters. There is a lot of trash bags along the sidewalks of Korean Town but is N.Y. We walked most of the time and took the subway to Chinatown, little Italy, 911 memorial as well as the lower Manhattan.
Quality and Value: Based on the amount of money we paid for night at this hotel is a great bargain, If you are looking for good hotel, nice location, good service and good price, I fully recommend this hotel.
The complementary breakfast is good , it includes pastries, cereal, toast , juices, just the basics to start your day. The elevators are small and slow but we didn't have a problem with it. The hotel can take care of your bags, which is was great for us since our train was departing at 7pm back to D.C. and it allows us to visit the city for an additional half day.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank NavarroTraveler
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I recently used points to gift a weekend for my nephew. He said the stafff was amazing, the rooms were nice and the location was great. I called the front desk a couple of days in advance to verify it was a gift and the name on the room, the staff person that I spoke with was very helpful. I can't wait to try this location myself.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed just after Xmas.
Rooms are clean, lovely comfortable large bed, not the biggest room, but we only wanted somewhere to sleep!
The hotel was having some renovation work in the reception area, which ment you had to eat your free breakfast in the reception, nowhere near enough seats, some people took there's back to their room.
The breakfast was self service & included cereals, toast, fruit, bread rolls, bagels, doughnuts & boiled eggs. It was basic but easy to fill a bagel & grab some fruit & go.
The lifts were ridiculously slow, I'm so glad we were on the fourth floor, so we took the stairs.
The manager was helpful as the friends we were with, wanted to change rooms.
I would recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have read many reviews of N.Y. that stated the people are unfriendly but I didn't expect this at my hotel. As many of the previous reviews have stated the hotel needs to do a complete overhaul of their staff. From the moment we arrived at check in until we left, the attitude of the staff was that we were an inconvenience/annoyance to them. The only exception to this was Raul the doorman (friendly and cheerful), the Housekeeping Manager (dealt with him b/c of several housekeeping issues). The lady at the Concierge Desk was probably the worst offender as she was always on her own phone and I felt like I should apologize for asking her questions (very short with you and dismissive). In regards to the housekeeping as soon as we walked in to our room we called for housekeeping to clean the dried toothpaste from our sink counter and radiator and to clean the "hair" from our drawers and "fresh linen". The following day we called again as we found several bugs in our room. The Housekeeping Manager was very prompt in addressing our concerns and moved us to a new room. Do not use their private car service (through the Concierge) as we were told we would have a private car but instead received a old dirty tour van that reeked of cigarette smoke (we had to open our windows) with a driver that didn't even assist us with our several bags. When I inquired with the concierge why we didn't receive a car, she stated "it is a private car because you are on your own". When I pointed out the we paid $55 for a private car not an old van and that she may want to clarify with her guests that it is not a "private car" she batted her eyes and dismissed me.
Now for the positives, 1 block from the Empire State Building, close to Penn Station and other Subway lines and Times Square is approx 15 min walk away.
We have stayed at other La Quintas and have always received excellent, friendly service so we were disappointed that the surrounding hotels staff provided us better service even if we just walked in to ask a question

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica A
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Jessica A,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you experience was anything but satisfying. Our employees are continually trained to be as friendly and helpful as possible. The concierge disk is operated by a third party, but we still apologize on their behalf. Unfortunately when you arranged for a private car, there was not a car available so you were given a shuttle bus on your own. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and will certainly talk to the concierge about the incident.
The majority of our guests are very pleased with their stay and recognize the excellent value they receive. Not all hotels in New York City offer free WIFI, breakfast, and domestic phone calls. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Liz from Apple Core Hotels