La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
$335
$305
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$118
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
$144
$116
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
2,705 results
All reviewskorea townthe empire state buildingpenn stationrooftop barbagelskorean foodmemory foamnew yorkfree breakfastaround the cornertimes squarehard boiled eggsherald squarebreakfast roomrooms are smallpriced hoteltwo queen beds
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good position, friendly staff and clean bedrooms yet has a dirty, tired lobby. Breakfast may be free, but it is limited and because there are more guests than room/tables available you WILL have to wait to get a table. Unfortunately, we booked for 5 nights. I did not consider this hotel to be value for money.
Also, (general information) BE AWARE, there is a 3 months waiting list at present to visit 'the Crown' on the Statue of Liberty. Avoid disappointment and book in advance on line, that way you can check availability!

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor, which was fine. It was noisey - but it is in the heart of a major city, so didn't expect silence. We stayed only on this level so I cannot offer a comparision to other floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chris m
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at La Quinta Inn & Suites Manhattan, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear chris m,
Thank you for your review. We hope you had a great time in New York City. We are currently in the process of renovating and expanding both the lobby and the breakfast room. We expect it to be complete by January 2014. The majority of our guests are pleased with the value they receive when staying with us. Not all hotels in New York City offer free WIFI, breakfast, and domestic phone calls. We also keep our rates very competitive.
We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to New York City.
Liz from Apple Core Hotels

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here in July 2013 for 4 nights. The hotel is right in Korea town, which is pretty central in Manhattan. However, it wasn't my favourite location choice. This is only because I've stayed on Times Square in the past and enjoyed this more - but some people do not like the busy surroundings of this. Minor detail to some and location is preferential depending what it is you're there to do.

The hotel itself is kept very clean and the rooms were spacious and clean also, very comfortable beds. There is free Wifi, which is a major bonus to an avid iPhone user like myself. Breakfast included which is a pretty useful start to your day if you're planning on walking around the city for a lengthy amount of time. It gets busy but it is just a small room, by the time you've grabbed your food there's usually a table available from other people just finishing up. We spent about 10 minutes maximum at breakfast and were done and ready to go!

Yes, the elevators in this hotel take what seem to be forever and can be very very slow. The stay itself overall was pleasant and we got it at a fairly good price.

The only reason I'm giving this hotel an 'average' review is because nothing really stood out to me or made this hotel that great. 90% of the staff I encountered seemed far from friendly. The reception staff didn't really seem like they wanted to be there - one lady in particular seemed pretty miserable every time I saw her. There was just nothing very attractive about the place. The nicest staff I came across were the housekeepers and the porter - a lovely guy! I wouldn't NOT recommend this hotel but I wouldn't stay here again myself if I ever returned to New York.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank KW0186
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed for 5 days in La Quinta this September. Frankly, I was not too enthused by the overall ambiance and room. Be it the make shift arrangement at the restaurant where they serve breakfast with chairs getting dragged by the patrons all the time as if there is a musical chair going on or the dingy entrance and the long queue for the elevator that always took ages to come. Luckily I was on 3rd floor so I could manage coming by stairs and last day I came by stairs carrying my big suitcase and a small one with a laptop bag :( as I was afraid of loosing my flight. The breakfast offered is nothing to talk about that's very very basic with practically no variety and a banana for fruits. I think they are taking huge advantage of their location and are least bothered about other aspects. The staff at reception is friendly though I did not get one night with them after I returned from Ohio in between my stay, though I had a confirmed reservation and they made arrangements at another hotel nearby. In all not so great place actually...

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandiii999

Dear Sandiii999,
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently in the process of renovating and expanding the lobby and breakfast room. They should be complete by January 2014. The elevators can get held up during busy hours of the day and we apologize for any inconvenience. We try to provide as much variety at breakfast as possible. In addition to bananas, we also offer apples and other seasonal fruit.
The majority of our guests return because of our excellent location and value they receive when staying with us. Our rates are always competitive and we offer free amenities like WIFI, breakfast, and domestic phone calls that aren’t offered in other Manhattan hotels.
We hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Liz from Apple Core Hotels

Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night this weekend for his birthday trip and to visit our daughter who lives in the city. We had never stayed here...but the price for the location sounded good so we tried it. Wonderful...I can't say anything negative. Room was spacious, decorated nice, bathroom good...fun area....we would definitely stay again. We checked in at 1:00 and knew this was early (check in is at 3) but the nice girl at the front desk asked if we wanted the 6th floor and we did and got right into our room. This will definitely be our go to hotel in the city!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hollymitz24
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We chose the La Quinta because it was one of the cheapest hotels in Manhattan at the time of our stay, and it seemed to offer exactly what we were looking for. And it didn't disappoint when we arrived.

The location is perfect if, like us, you don't mind a little walk... it's far enough away from the noise and relative craziness of Times Square, but close enough to walk to and from every morning and evening. There are plenty of places to eat close to the hotel, particularly if you like Asian food!

Breakfast was very busy every time we ate, but it offered a fair selection of continental items, including (our favourite) donuts... Only in America can you warrant Donuts for breakfast!!

The bedroom was big enough for what we wanted, and very clean. Alright, the view out of the window wasn't all that, but honestly? How much time do you spend in your room when you're in such an amazing city?

When I go back to visit New York, I will check out the prices of this hotel, because I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends