The Roosevelt Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Gotham Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
The Mansfield(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)
9,763 results
All reviewsgrand central stationcozy queennew yorktimes squaremadison avenuelobby barrockefeller centerhotel is in a great locationempire statefew blocksnycmidtownsubwaystarbucksbroadwayjfk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel was in a great location for our trips needs. Near the train station and metro line to downtown. The rooms were tired and worn and the restrooms were old and small. It's supposedly going through some renovations so we will see. Not bad but not great. Don't pay full price, look for a deal.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
rooseveltnyc, Guest Relations Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments and review. Yes we continue to upgrade our rooms and thank you for noticing. However, guest rooms in NYC tend to be on the cozy especially when compared to other major cities or even one's own home. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at The Roosevelt for two nights during the month of November with my daughter. Our first room was large but right across from the elevator so I immediately asked to be moved, which they accommodated. The second room was smaller but was far away from elevators and much quieter. We arrived to the city pretty early on Saturday morning and was able to check in at 11 am. All in all we had a great stay. The room was comfortable and clean, staff was friendly and helpful, and location was GREAT!!! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your comments and review. We are happy to har that your NYC experienced was even more memorable due to our friendly staff. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

A gem in the heart of Manhattan. Grand opulence in the lobby, a convenient location, a bar/lounge area with relatively reasonable offerings and a staff that is friendly, professional and well trained.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and review. We are happy to hear that your stay was made even more special by our friendly staff and central location. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Bellman/doorman asks for tips and will not leave until get a tip!! What a disaster it is, especially for foreigners who don't have change for tip. Front Desk staff with a lot of attitude and no worm welcome at all. They gave me a favor by checking me in. Rooms very tiny and uncomfortable. Very old look, they are very outdated. I am not coming back for sure, this is typical one stay hotel and that's their policy. Internet very slow and expensive. IT guy sent to fix access point clueless, so called IT Manager, so he called his director. OH boy, this guy don't even know how to use a mac!! He was trying BS me and finally he told me my mac has a virus and nothing he can do, I need to get a new one. Room service terrible, took forever and I had some strange things in my food. They refused to investigate and refund money. There is no Cable TV. Only regular SD channels. Very outdated. Gym is another mistake, its like local gym for 5 people, when hotel is 1000+ rooms. Had to wait 1h for my turn to get inside!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank anna d

Thank you for your comments and review. Our apologies for any issues you encountered during your stay. ALL of your concerns will be addressed. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

For starters, let me say that every single employee here that I encountered face to face was very friendly and helpful when needed. That made up for some of the worst hotel experience we have encountered. We stayed at the Roosevelt for 5 nights, departing yesterday.
Upon arrival, we exited the taxi with out luggage and received no bell help. Upon entering the hotel, we were faced with two sets of stairs to carry the luggage up. No sign told us that an elevator could be found down the hallway. We checked in (again no bell help offered) and went to our room, discovering it to be a bland King room directly across from the elevator. That meant a lot of dinging and voices as elevators came and went all day and night. We survived the first night just fine, even though the bathroom had no hot water until morning. But on night 2, we got neighbors, and they partied all night long. Not just in the room, but in the hallway too. I called security 3 times; they said they would send someone, but I never heard anyone or noticed a change in the party. The next morning we had to change rooms, not the offenders. No compensation of any kind was offered for our loss of a night's sleep. The new room was quieter, and we were able to finish the stay without incident. but I feel we paid for five nights of sleep and only got 4.

Room Tip: Do not stay in front of the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank guyinca

Thank you for your comments and reviw. Our most sincer apologies for any issues you experienced during your most recent stay. All of your concerns will be immediately addressed. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.