“Disappointing”

The Roosevelt Hotel
Ranked #395 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at The Roosevelt during a very hot week in NYC. The hotel lobby and elevators were uncomfortably warm. The room was small, dark, and drab (my room was cool, but another guest complained that she could not stay in her room as it was too muggy). There were chips in the porcelain tub making the bathroom look/feel dirty. There was one large, framed photograph in the room above the bed, and other than that the walls were bare. The TV had only analog channels which was disappointing. I ate breakfast in the restaurant the first day (expensive) so opted to cross the street to Cosi and Blake & Todd Fine Foods the other mornings. The location is great, the hotel is not.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MadAboutBaltimore
rooseveltnyc, Guest Relations Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments and review. Our apologies that we did not meet your expectations. ALL of your concerns have been noted and will be addressed. Again our apologies and thank you for your valuable feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (9,560)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Fantastic Hotel lobby in a really central area perfect for walking the many sights of New York....10 mins to Time Square, 20 mins Central Park or Empire State.

Room had 2 beds, was clean, what more do you want....all we did was sleep there and get a cup of coffee from lobby first thing in the morning.

If I returned to New York again (and I certainly hope too) I would certainly consider a return here!

Room Tip: Higher the room.....better the view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pete L

Thank you for your comments and review. Yes, our central location and friendly staff are just some of our guests favorite features here at the Roosevelt. Thanks again for your great feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We spent 4 night here on the 15th floor. They say first impressions count, and you cant get better than the lobby at The Roosevelt. You wont find all mod cons in this hotel, well at least we didn't but one thing about this hotel is its clean. As for a location, 2 min walk from Grand Central Station, 2 mins walk from Bryant Park and 10 mins walk from Times Square. Wifi is very expensive but McDonalds is free so do that. I can highly recommend The Roosevelt

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank deco21

WOW is right! Thank you for your great review and wonderful comments. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed for two nights Sunday thru Tuesday. The check in staff lady was not enthusiastic or even happy to see guests. She seemed more like a robot trying to accomplish a task. One of the key drivers I always look at anywhere I stay is the customer service to aspect where I can tell they want my business. I booked a one bed room and asked to see if there was a two bed room and the lady literally gave me no options--I was fully going to pay for it. Also, the shower drain on room 530 was blocked. The valet guy I tipped him very well with 25 dollars to bring my car and he didn't even bother helping me put my bags in the car. Upon checkout, Doris the front reception lady was very sweet to me and asked me at least how my stay was.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sbetancu

Thank you for your comments and review. Our most sincere apologies for any issues you experienced especially regarding staff attitude. We completely agree, staff friendliness and service is upmost important in the hotel business. Rest assure that your concerns have been noted and will be immediately addressed. We are happy to hear that your overall stay was good. Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I checked out of the Roosevelt this morning after a 5 night stay that cost me £1000 . I would not recommend this hotel. The room was dark and small. The bath had a dirt ring on the evening that we checked in, and when I requested an anti slip bath mat I was informed they do not have any!! The lobby staff are not well informed either. I previously stayed at park central - also midtown which is 100% better and the same rating as the Roosevelt. Save your money and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank coulsdonlady

Thank you for your comments and review. Our apologies we did not meet your expectations. All of your concerns will be immediately addressed. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here in 2012, hotel was mainly picked for its location, near friends on the Upper East Side and located in Midtown it was great. Right near Grand Central and a few minutes from Times Square! Hotel staff, especially the bar staff are extremely polite and helpful.

Room was very good, except the heating/AC unit which leaked in our first room. Once we mentioned it we were immediately moved to another room. Bed was really comfy which lets face it, in NYC is what you need after a LOT of walking!

Would recommend this and at the right price, would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and review. We are so happy to hear that our central location and great rates made your NYC experience memorable. Thanks again for your great comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Spent 1 night here on business trip with spouse. Check-in was friendly & quick but we arrived just in front of a large group. Received room 893, a very nice room with separate sitting area/sofa with TV and desk. Bed was very comfortable with nice linens and pillows. Bathroom was split into two rooms: the sink and then the shower/tub. Coffeemaker was a traditional 4-cup pot, but provided coffee was individual single-serve packets. This needs to be changed! Either change the coffee makers or change the coffee packets.

There's a business center off the lobby (on the way up the stairs to the restaurant) where you can print boarding passes for free (thank you!) and plenty of elevators. Great location for exploring Midtown and a short walk to many attractions. Plenty of varied restaurants nearby.

I know we'll be back in NYC and we'll stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments and review. We are so happy that your overall stay was great and that you plan to return when in NYC. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your next stay.