“The Big Apple”

Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #2 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The staff here made me feel welcome. The room was impeccably clean. The breakfast was just what we needed to start our day, and they knew what my husband wanted and brought it to our table on the second day. I wouldn't stay anywhere else--I feel like a valued customer.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I really like the hotel and its staff. They are friendly and seem to enjoy interacting with visitors. Hotel is very well appointed. I also like the lobby service with snacks and free flowing coffee. Will be back

Reviewed July 29, 2014

So happy we found Hotel Giraffe. Staff is friendly and attentive without being invasive. Room was very clean and compact with plenty of storage and counter areas. Small balcony with geraniums was lovely. Air conditioning was cool and refreshing. Virtually no noise from building or outside traffic.
Breakfast offered quality breads, fruit, yogurt etc Nightly wine and cheese was generous and delicious. An espresso and cookie after a day of museums and touring was perfect.
We loved the location... walked to many of our destinations. Green line 6 is an easy 3 blocks away- used it for uptown museums as well as southern points. No questions about where we will stay next year for our birthday celebration.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have stayed over 200 nights in NYC hotels the past 15 years and this was my first stay at Hotel Giraffe. Overall experience would be in the top of any stay. Warm and professional greeting and attire from the bell and front desk, an unsolicited bottle of wine was delivered right after checking in by a nice young lady as a "welcome" ; greeted each time i arrived back to hotel; nice service during the complimentary wine and snacks in the evening and breakfast (rare to find complementary anything in a hotel anymore); very nice furnished room (Queen Standard with balcony was not a large room but very good sized for a NYC hotel) with plenty of counter room and plugs to work, drawers and closet space and cold A/C (so many of the older NYC hotels have poor A/C); free wifi and, newspapers, coffee, water, fruit, cookies available during the day in the lobby. (all these small things add up to making Hotel Giraffe a hotel that stands out).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I spent 4 nights here recently and had a lovely stay. The staff go out of their way to be helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The buffet breakfast in the lobby is really good with cereals, juices, yoghurts, cakes and more and a real espresso machine also and the happy hour every evening is great. We will always be staying here when we visit New York, a lovely boutique hotel in every department.
The nearby park and the famous Eataly food hall is a 5 minute walk away and well worth visiting.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have been an active traveler for a few decades. I have never written a travel review. Mostly because I have not been moved to words for long enough to still want to write about it when I get home. The Hotel Giraffe changed this for me this week.

I was in New York on a business trip with some colleagues. I normally stay at Hilton's exclusively, but as of late, I have been unimpressed.

This hotel is amazing! Absolutely Amazing! Every request was met with sincere desire to accommodate.

All of the staff get 5 stars from me, but Gaby stands out as someone I would hire to work in one of my restaurants. She was warm and friendly.

The Giraffe is not the norm for hotels in New York, it is truly exceptional. I will always stay at the Giraffe when visiting New York from this point on.

William Kenworthy

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank William K
Reviewed July 27, 2014

From check-in to departure, very good service and accommodations for a 4 night stay. Staff at all levels was friendly and attentive. Perfect location - walking distance to Union Square or a very close 6 train that accesses all subway lines. Neighborhood is perfect just for wandering; close to Gramercy, Madison Square Park, Union Square, Herald Square, Bryant Park - tons of attractions, great restaurants and interesting architecture and residential areas. Room was very functional, quiet, well appointed and comfortable. Breakfasts were okay - fairly standard continental, but there's a Sara Beth's within a block which is a great breakfast / brunch place and lots of other nice options nearby. Our days were very full, so we didn't get to enjoy evening festivities - something to look forward to for our next stay.

1  Thank Alec B