“I heart Giraffe”

Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #4 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Please don't look at the Giraffe because then I can't have it all to myself! Excellent location, beyond-gracious staff, comfortable and oversized-by-NY-standards rooms = high value given all of those assets. We love staying here and chose it for a couple of anniversary trips, our 14th the most recent on the last weekend of March. Gramercy neighborhood is super, great restaurants all around and right on subway.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KK_InRealLife
Write a ReviewReviews (3,947)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The only negative about the hotel is I had just one night to stay here this time! I've been to NYC many times and this is by far the best hotel that I've stayed at there. It was clean, the staff were all super nice and helpful and it's in a great location, on Park and 26th. It's pretty close to at least a couple of subways.

They had complimentary fruit, muffins, cookies, water, and coffee in the afternoon. I wasn't there in the early evening, but I believe they have complimentary cheese in the late afternoon. I also checked out before breakfast, but I believe it too is complimentary.

The room was extremely large, especially for NYC standards and the amenities in the room were nice.

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I had a delightful weekend at Hotel Giraffe. The staff was consistently helpful and gracious, offering assistance with things like filling our ice bucket or hailing a taxi, and pointing out the many wonderful features of the hotel like the complimentary wine and cheese hour and the discount at the affiliated restaurant, Bread & Tulips (which was delicious!). We also hosted a gathering of 20 friends in the bar at Bread & Tulips, and we were able to reserve the lounge area without paying any additional fees. Our room was beautiful and even had a small balcony. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Julian P
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed with my wife at this hotel, which is well located, close to subway station. The staff is well trained and helpful. The breakfast is well served. The room and facilities are clean and comfortable.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The Giraffe has become my standard hotel in New York. Functionally located on the 6 train line (that serves most the places I visit). Deeply friendly. Comfortable. Clean. Doesn't nickel-and-dime you with extra charges.

I have now spent about 30 nights there - and I have plenty of other options. Its almost home.

As a regular guests there are only two minuses. The area of New York is not the most fascinating and the elevators are slow - often very slow. But these are quibbles about a great establishment.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms ending in 1. They are the suites on the quiet side. Rooms 801, 901, 1001, 1101 etc are...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here on business March 27-29, 2014. The hotel staff has excellent and very attentive customer service. They anticipate or assist with every need. You don't experience service like that often. Great rooms with everything you need, nice chocolates at turn down service and great amenitites through the day (breakfast, coffee/snacks, wine/cheese reception), etc. Location is great too. Near everything, but tucked away on a quieter street.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kalinoms
Reviewed March 31, 2014

A perfect hotel! We went with our 3,5 yr old son and we all loved it. Perfect service. Relaxed surroundings. Perfect location. I really recommend it to everyone. We will come back next time we're in NYC.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family