“Excellent”

Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #2 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The staff could not have been nicer or the accomadations more pleasant. The evening refreshments and the beautiful breakfast were not only convienant but also delicous and served with a smile. The rooms had everything (frig, ironing board, shower, tub, Iphone charger etc.) with big comfortable beds. We called it our oasis in the city.

2  Thank colorado80537

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed four nights at Giraffe. From the first moment, this hotel and its excellent staff more than lived up to expectations which Trip Advisor reviews had already set at a very high level. We were looked after marvellously from the moment we arrived. We became very fond of the lobby area and the rooftop terrace; the breakfast was especially good (my son and I cannot have gluten, it was a pleasure to go somewhere which so willingly provides gluten free alternatives) and we enjoyed what was regrettably our only visit to the nightly cheese and wine reception. Some friends at Hotel Mela came to visit, they left very jealous. Hats off to Chris at the reception desk whose good advice helped us make the best of our days and to Ana who looked after us at breakfast.

1  Thank Dom_Hare
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I loved my stay at this charming hotel. My adult son joined me (we were visiting another son who lived in the city) and we all really liked Hotel Giraffe. Its location is really convenient with lots to do within walking distance. Our king suite was great for 2 of us with a comfortable pull out sofa. The free breakfast was perfect with such nice service and I loved the afternoon happy hour. David at the front desk was so nice and helpful~ suggesting nearby restaurants and getting us show tickets. I have already booked two more stays to visit my son.I think this hotel is a real find in a city with lots of properties.

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms with 2 beds so book early if you want them.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank horns1114
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have stayed at 3 of the Library collection hotels and so far Giraffe is the best. Professionalism and friendliness extended across all members of the staff, from checking in with Mike, Chris giving us our very early morning gym passes thru to the wonderful staff at breakfast as well as at the cheese and wine reception. Selection and quality of breakfast goods is excellent. Location of this hotel is perfect, away from the chaos of Times Square but still central to many attractions, activities and restaurants. On booking we requested a quiet room which we got on the 11th floor and 23rd street side - hard to believe we were in the heart of the city as it was so quiet. Our suite was perfectly ample and maintained to a high standard. We're already planning 'Giraffe revisited' in 2014 as we Love New York, the city of apples!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank etxmato
Reviewed July 26, 2013

- Efficient & Courteous Staff
- thank you for the laptop in the piano bar
- I've stayed here before and will do so again

minor quibble
- for the first time I treated myself to 'limo pick-up at the airport" ( an option at the time of reservation). appears this is subcontracted out, and at 2 am my 'driver' actually put the airport luggage cart on the escalator ... bad idea and leave it at that (grin). Next time, city cab for Andrew
Cheers,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2013

With two daughters and their husbands living in NYC, I've tried out several hotels on visits to NYC, but none compares with Hotel Giraffe. My stay in July 2013 for one of their weddings was letter perfect: the staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating, fetching extra chairs, etc., for pre-wedding makeup. The quality of the (free!) food available in the lobby 24/7 was topnotch--loved the copious fresh fruit at breakfast and the multi-talented coffee drinks machine. The rooms were comfortable and well equipped, down to an excellent selection of well chosen books. The excellent housekeeping staff kept things in order. At the last minute, we changed the rehearsal dinner to the hotel restaurant, Bread & Tulips, and we were thrilled with the excellent service and wonderful food. I'm picky, but I couldn't have asked for more in a hotel. Thanks, Hotel Giraffe staff!

Room Tip: I asked for a room on a higher floor, and it was quiet enough for a good sleep.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just returned from a delightful one week stay at Hotel Giraffe. The rooms were spacious, very clean with plenty of light, and with all the amenities one would need. The service was perfect. The front desk staff were friendly, very helpful and very efficient. We arrived to hotel at 1:00 AM and were in the room five minutes later. The breakfast could have been better with more variety, but can't complain since it was complimentary. The wine and cheese in the evening was a nice treat, after a long day exploring the city.
The location couldn't have been better, right next to two subway lines, around the corner from a lovely park (with the best milk shakes in town), and good restaurants within blocks of the hotel. I felt safe returning to the hotel, even late at night.
I would certainly return to this hotel when I next visit New York!