4,373 results
All reviews wine and cheese park avenue new york small balcony continental breakfast every evening flatiron district rooftop garden bagels union square king suite hard boiled eggs boutique hotel turn down service fresh fruit shake shack great boutique
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Giraffe for 3 nights in a double deluxe room with balcony. Room was tastefully furnished and rate included continental breakfast of fresh pastries, diy toast, cereals, fruits and hot and cold beverages. Located in Flatiron district, close to Eataly, an amazing italian gourmet foods deli/cafe/restaurant. Also walking distance to Macy's (10 mins).
What I really liked was that the room was quiet as we stayed in Times Square for a week prior and got woken up every night there because of noise from the street.
Room size - comfortable for our family of 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 younger children. Might be a bit "crowded" if 4 adults sharing.
Pros - quiet location, friendly staff and proximity to subway, restaurants and shopping.
Cons- breakfast area was always crowded and tables at a premium, no tea or coffee making facilities in the room but you could go down and help yourself to coffee and tea anytime from guest lounge.
Sum-up
Hotel is lovely for people who don't mind catching subway to Broadway shows, uptown or Soho and Chinatown areas. Area also felt really safe and clean, as basically a business district with offices surrounding it. Walking distance to Union Square Green market - small outdoor market selling lovely fresh fruit, vegies, meat and a great barista.

Room Tip: request room on higher floor and away from main street, if you like a quiet room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SuzyMelbourne
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The check-in was efficient and the staff were very kind and helpful. The rooms were lovely. We liked the balcony and the windows. The staff comes by in the evening to turn down the bed, close the shade for the morning light and leave mints for the guests. The room and bathroom were very clean. The free wifi was a benefit, as was the breakfast in the morning. We stayed at the Giraffe for two nights, on a Sat and Sun. Because it was after the holidays, we received a very good rate for a hotel in New York City. And we were very pleased with our choice of hotel I would definitely recommend The Giraffe Hotel. It is centrally located, clean, free wifi, free breakfast and a wine and cheese reception for three hours in the evening. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the seventh floor. It had a king size bed and was very large for a New York City hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daytripper39
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed one night at The Hotel Giraffe at the end of December. We were greeted and welcomed to the hotel by very professional front desk staff. They informed us of the food and activities offered in the lobby.

Our room was located on the fourth floor, facing 26th street. The room was beautifully decorated, extremely clean, and modern. The bathroom was well lit and offered plenty of space. Good closet and dresser space.

Our favorite detail of the room was the floor to ceiling glass doors that open up to a small private balcony.

The hotel offers a nice cold breakfast in the morning with plenty of cereal and bagels. After we checked out, we left our baggage with the hotel staff for the entire day.

My only complaint is that the street noise was loud, but this is NYC.

We would stay here again and hope you do too

Room Tip: Rooms facing Park Ave are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jkoven1
Reviewed January 10, 2013

What an amazing experience. I stayed at another NYC hotel immediately prior to my stay here. What a difference. From the hotel staff who was helpful at all times of the day to help you with direction, get show tickets or even with a tray to take breakfast up to your room to the location - close but not too close to major attractions - this is a great place. The complimentary beverage station and continental breakfast is so convenient. The wine and cheese in the afternoon is a nice touch - although I was never around to take part. The rooms are quite large compared to others I've stayed in in NYC. I've recommended the Hotel Giraffe to several of my friends who in turn have recommended to their friends. We all agree, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MochaP
Reviewed January 10, 2013

A very fine hotel, without any air of stuffiness; deserving of its top ratings in trip advisor. I travelled solo and loved the opportunity to mingle with other guests at the evening 'wine and cheese' reception. I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite for the first night of my stay, owing to the fact that a room move was required of me. Though the move itself was a nuisance (had to wait to re-check back into a room on my 2nd consecutive night, even though i'd been assured i'd be in the same room for the whole stay), the upgrade was a luxurious bonus. My suite was so beautifully appointed i delayed settling in so as not to muss things up!! Luxurious bed and loads of pillows and turn down service a lovely bonus. Special note to the front desk agent, paulina or simona?? (blonde, european accent) who was warm and obliging at all times. Also impressed with the pianists who played for us in the lobby lounge of an evening-i had two super night of entertainment without leaving the Giraffe.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo