4,334 results
All reviewswine and cheesepark avenuenew yorksmall balconycontinental breakfastevery eveningflatiron districtrooftop gardenbagelsunion squareking suitehard boiled eggsboutique hotelturn down servicefresh fruitshake shackgreat boutique
Reviewed January 10, 2013

What an amazing experience. I stayed at another NYC hotel immediately prior to my stay here. What a difference. From the hotel staff who was helpful at all times of the day to help you with direction, get show tickets or even with a tray to take breakfast up to your room to the location - close but not too close to major attractions - this is a great place. The complimentary beverage station and continental breakfast is so convenient. The wine and cheese in the afternoon is a nice touch - although I was never around to take part. The rooms are quite large compared to others I've stayed in in NYC. I've recommended the Hotel Giraffe to several of my friends who in turn have recommended to their friends. We all agree, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MochaP
Reviewed January 10, 2013

A very fine hotel, without any air of stuffiness; deserving of its top ratings in trip advisor. I travelled solo and loved the opportunity to mingle with other guests at the evening 'wine and cheese' reception. I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite for the first night of my stay, owing to the fact that a room move was required of me. Though the move itself was a nuisance (had to wait to re-check back into a room on my 2nd consecutive night, even though i'd been assured i'd be in the same room for the whole stay), the upgrade was a luxurious bonus. My suite was so beautifully appointed i delayed settling in so as not to muss things up!! Luxurious bed and loads of pillows and turn down service a lovely bonus. Special note to the front desk agent, paulina or simona?? (blonde, european accent) who was warm and obliging at all times. Also impressed with the pianists who played for us in the lobby lounge of an evening-i had two super night of entertainment without leaving the Giraffe.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel staff was really accommodating and made our stay feel special. Because we were celebrating birthdays, there were rose petals scattered on our bed, spa music playing in our room, chocolate dipped strawberries, bottle of decent red wine waiting upon our arrival --- all complimentary. Hypoallergenic bedding, complimentary wine, cheese, appetizers in the evening and hearty continental breakfast in the morning and a 1pm check out time made the experience that much more wonderful... will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abaileymft
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed there 3 nights in a 1 bedroom suite. They had a good continental breakfast and cookies and coffee all day long. They also serve cheese and wine in the early evening hours, although I personally did not get a chance to taste it. We were here for medical reasons and needed breakfast packed for us at 6:00 am and the hotel staff did it for us. They have rental movies downstairs and is very clean and comfortable. Prefer this to the hotel Pierre, because of the homey feeling and cleanliness. Tulips and bread and the mexican restaurant next door was superb as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank reshmilisitza
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent such a long time searching for the best hotel for our stay in NYC....we wanted somewhere slightly away from noise and hustle of Times Square and also a location where we could explore downtown as well as midtown/uptown. This hotel was perfect!!! Subway is a 2 minute stroll away. Plenty of taxis also passing by was great.
Rooms were very clean, staff were very helpful, breakfast was a perfect way to start the day as well as the complimentary wine and cheese with a pianist in the evening. The music which was being played really made you feel as though you were sitting in a quaint movie set in New York!
Loved loved loved it and would definitely stay here again! :)
Loved that a New York time out was in our bedroom which gave us ideas where to go, from top of the rock at rockerfeller to a flea market on the upper west side.
Stay here if you are looking for perfection!!

• Stayed: January 2013