4,335 results
All reviewswine and cheesepark avenuenew yorksmall balconycontinental breakfastevery eveningflatiron districtrooftop gardenbagelsunion squareking suitehard boiled eggsboutique hotelturn down servicefresh fruitshake shackgreat boutique
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed in a 1 bedroom terrace suite for 5 days and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff were outstanding in their friendliness and willingness to assist in every way possible. Everything was super clean, even over the Christmas holiday season. The evening drinks and nibblies are a real plus. I used the AirLink shuttle from Newark Airport and was dropped/picked up from the hotel door - very convenient.

Room Tip: The one-bedroom terrace suite has a great view of Park Avenue.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fay S S
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My two night stay at the Hotel Giraffe was excellent from start to finish. Though a frequent visitor to NYC, I was unfamiliar with the area of Park Avenue South at 26th where this hotel is located. What I feared might be a slightly out of the way location turned out to be very central for accessing various subway lines, Madison Square Park (Shake Shack! Eataly!), and even for strolling uptown or the Village.

The lobby is a modern, high-ceilinged affair with contemporary, but cozy, furnishings, including a coffee, tea and snack buffet that is out all day when the (complimentary) breakfast and wine and cheese services are not being offered. In other words, snacks and drinks available 24hrs a day. I love this feature, found at sister property the Library Hotel as well, as it reminds me of the Ritz-Carlton's Club level. Though not quite as elaborate, it more than adequately meets its goals.

My interactions with the staff were not extensive, but everyone seemed very friendly and helpful, in the face of what I suspect was a fairly full hotel. I don't require a lot of typical tourist information, but I saw the staff helping others in a cheerful, patient way on several occasions.

The room itself, 304, was spacious, clean and wisely furnished with storage and space to set bags and belongings in a tidy fashion. Though my room lacked the cute Juliet balcony, the extra room was a good trade off. The bedding was top notch and I slept soundly with only minimal street noise. The bathroom also was fairly roomy and well stocked with products. Everything was immaculate, and the maid was quick to help me with the minor requests I had for her.

All in all, I give this place a big, enthusiastic thumbs up. The facilities, location and staff are all surprising good for a slightly undiscovered party of town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Dean R
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Hotel Giraffe was recomended to us by friends who themselves are returning again later this month, what a fantastic find. Loved the smallest of the hotel, and the staff were friendly but not fake, really helpful as a matter of course rather than an obligation. Our room was lovely, modern fresh and clean and all the electrical gadgets you could desire (ipod docking, dvd, music etc etc). The couple of minor issues we had were resolved quickly and efficiently, and the staff were so apologetic, genuinely. Loved the evening drinks and breakfast, a lovely touch easpcially for those of us that are not used to the big American breakfast. Fantastic location, with an abundance of restaurants outside of the usual chains, great subway access and walking was easy too.
What else can I say, will definately be returning to NYC and to Hotel Giraffe.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kgrah1
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Where do I start with reviewing this gem of a hotel in Manhattan...

As soon as we arrived in a taxi from JFK airport we were greeted with a very warm welcome. Doors opened, cases taken from us. The hotel lobby is lovely, not too big like some of these 5 star resorts, it felt homely, warm and welcoming.
Asim from Reception checked us in and chatted to us whilst he went through the process, very smiley and welcoming us to New York. Phoebe was on Reception too, again making us feel very welcome. An additional bonus was that our suite was ready and it was only 1pm. We were taking to our suite by one of the staff and he chatted to us about the area, the hotel and showed us the amenities in the room, he opened the terrace doors, it was cold but snowing, he talked to us about where some of the sights were and they were in close proximity to the hotel.
We unpacked and there was plenty of space and hangers for our clothes and other items. The bathroom was compact but enough for our needs, the bed and bedroom very large for New York standards, and the lounge area was lovely.
After about 10 minutes Phoebe from Reception called to see if the room was to our satisfaction and if we needed anything - NICE touch!!!
The hotel offer tea, coffee, cappucinos etc all day with fruit, water and biscuits, cakes.
From 5pm - 8pm complimentary prosecco, wine, drinks and cheese are offered along with someone playing the piano. Its nice to relax in there after a long day sightseeing or just before you plan to venture out.
The staff again are on hand to answer any questions or to see how your day has been but without being intrusive. On the first night a complimentary bottle of wine was delivered to the room, again a nice touch and housekeeping offer a nightly turndown service.
Beds are massive and very comfortable, the rooms have blackout blinds and because its away from the usual touristy places its very quiet at night but still with a good local atmosphere.
Breakfast is in the hotel lobby, fresh bagels, pastries, croissants, fruits, cereals are offered along with refreshments - again very informal but satisfying enough for a busy day ahead. The staff are chatty, smiley and nothing is too much trouble (some English hotels could learn a lot from the Americans!!!).
The rooms offer toiletries, complimentary safe, iron and board etc so everything you need.
The staff will hail a cab if you need one, are happy to answer any questions you have and are always available if you need anything.
I have been to New York before and when I return I will now return to the Giraffe as I couldnt fault them at all whilst there over New Year.

Thank you so much to all at the hotel for making this the best hotel stay in New York I have ever had

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, one overlooking Park Ave South too if you can.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank robborobson
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed over Christmas and New Year. The rooms were clean and modern albeit on the small side, although apparently that is normal for NYC. Staff were friendly and always helpful. The hotel is close to the subway and you can even walk to some of the main attractions if you like. It is in a nice quite location, especially after the holiday crowds near all the tourist attractions.
The only downside is the breakfast area which is quite small and guests regularly had to wait for a table, although you can always have it delivered to your room or take a tray and take the food to your room yourself.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple