4,336 results
All reviewswine and cheesepark avenuenew yorksmall balconycontinental breakfastevery eveningflatiron districtrooftop gardenbagelsunion squareking suitehard boiled eggsboutique hotelturn down servicefresh fruitshake shackgreat boutique
Reviewed August 11, 2011

.....don't take room 702 without checking the balcony door has been repaired. We just thought it was regular New York street noise until the last morning of a 10 night visit when I realised the door didn't seal correctly, which certainly gave us a few disturbed nights. A note to Peter Velk, the General Manager has had no response, which is disappointing when he emails to solicit a positive review here. But saying that, the hotel is great, the staff are great and the location is great. We stayed at the Casablanca last year which we also enjoyed.

Room Tip: Check the balcony doors seal OK!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelGiraffe, General Manager at Hotel Giraffe by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Dear chrisolum,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay at Hotel Giraffe. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff, as well as our sister property, the Casablanca Hotel. We would also like to thank you for bringing our attention to the seal on the balcony door in room 702. As New Yorkers who are more used to the urban background noises, this is something that could have easily gone unnoticed by our staff. We have already begun researching the best solution to repairing this seal, since providing a quiet and comfortable stay for our guests is something that we strive for. In regards to your note to me, I am very sorry to say that after searching for an email as well as a hand written note, I have not been able to locate a note from you. I would be very grateful if you could please let me know if this was a written note or an email, so I can determine where there could possibly be a glitch in my receiving messages, as I definitely do not want to miss messages such as yours. You can reach me at peter@hotelgiraffe.com, and thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention.

Peter Velk, General Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We had a great time in NY and the Hotel Giraffe made our stay even better. The room was comfortable with quiet air conditioning and had everything we needed (including a much needed umbrella for the nightly downpours!). Evening drinks (complimentary) were served in the downstairs lobby accompanied by a piano player and snacks; this was welcome after a hard days sightseeing. NY is a very noisy and busy city, but the hotel is situated in a quiet spot (although I recommend you bring earplugs to drown out the noisy klaxons which you can't escape!). The staff are all friendly but not overbearing and are happy to help in any way they can. The hotel has several restaurants nearby including a good Mexican and fabulous steakhouse. All in all, a fantastic hotel and a wonderful city.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GlasgowStar
Reviewed August 8, 2011

wounderful hotel. we stayed 2 1/2 weeks with our daughters 20 and 11 years old.
nice room
near subway station
we will come back

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed 11 days from Perth, Western Australia for my 40th birthday, trip of a lifetime! We chose this hotel as a friend had stayed the year before and the great rating on Tripadvisor. It did not disappoint. Room was good size by even australian standards, quiet, beautiful bathroom, great housekeeping, spotless and friendly, evening turn down and chocolates lovely. Loved the breakfast, high quality bagels, fruit salad, coffee etc., a serious bonus as we were ready to hit the streets each day straight from the hotel, no looking for food, papers were also devoured each morning. Wine and cheese in the evening so nice, staff so friendly and always smiling, like a little oasis from the busy streets and noise.
Only reason I didn't give this place 5 stars was a really little reason but important to me. No tea/coffee making facilities in the room and I do like my cup of tea in bed on holiday. The "hot water" for the tea downstairs was never hot enough, I like mine just boiled from the kettle. A minor negative especially as this was not unique for NY.
Overall an amazing holiday and an amazing hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed in this hotel with our 12 years son for 8 nights. The location was great, in the middle of Manhattan. We used the yellow cabs to travel and it was very convinient.
The staff was nice and friendly. The room was average, a bit small, but clean. We liked the snacks in the bar each afternoon, was nice to sit and relax there before the second part of the day.
But... the noise!! The noise in the room during all night long was unbearable. Each family room has a large window on the Park avenue. You actually can't do nothing about that, the noise of cars, cabs, tracks, made our stay there at nights terrible.
So if you are not sensitive and can sleep in any condition- this is the hotel for you.
We would prefer a bit more quiet room next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family