“Location location location”

Ranked #236 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Location location location”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Hence the title, it's about the location. It's close to pretty much everyhting or easy within reach by cab. The hotel was fine. Who spends a lot of time in their hotel room when in NYC anyway?

Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I recently travelled to NYC on business, but also wanted to stay an extra day to do some shopping and sightseeing with friends and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I often chose to stay at B&Bs because of the friendliness and help you receive from the owners. The same type atmosphere was what I encountered at this hotel. Everyone treated you as though you were a guest in their home. Additionally, it is next door to a major subway turnaround and close to Times Square. Due to weather, I thought we might have to stay an extra day. They were very accommodating in setting us up for another night, but suddenly our flight was on again and even though we had to cancel our extra night a few minutes past check out, they gave us extra time to pack up and did not charge us an additional fee for the cancellation. I will be in NYC again many times and this will always be my first choice. The hotel has character (built in the late 1800's) rooms are spacious, comfortable and the restaurant serves good food along with great jazz and of course, most important of all is the staff, especially the Bell Captain!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed for six nights on a personal holiday. This was my first stay, and I will definitely stay here on future visits. The staff were friendly and helpful from start to finish. The public areas and rooms had been recently refurbished and were just fine. Yes, my room was on the small side, but I don't go to New York to hang around in my hotel room.

I especially liked the free wifi internet in the rooms and the Keurig individual coffee maker, along with the usual hair dryer, iron/ironing board, and personal room safe. I also appreciated the hotel security, including showing room keys to get into the lobby entrance, very welcome in this busy city.

Yes, there was a lot of street noise. The hotel is located on Broadway across from Macy's and Herald Square. I see people here complaining about street noise and wonder why they would stay at an historic building at such a busy location if that is their concern. This location was great for the numerous bus lines and subway stops right outside the hotel. A Duane Reed drugstore (with basic groceries) and a Chase bank on the same block were very convenient.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Birmingham
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times with work and every time i stay here i make a mental note to myself never to stay here again!

The rooms are tiny, particulary the en-suite where your knees are pressed up against the door when you sit on the toilet. Although the rooms have had a slight make over recently, they are still below standard for the min nightly rate of $250 per night, with old faded carpets, dripping taps, tempremental air conditioning....

The hotel itself is extremely noisy, main culprits being the traffic outside which cant be helped in central Manhattan but aside from the outside noise the house keeping staff are incredibly noisy, slamming doors, bashiong servicing trollies up aginst the walls, and talking to each other from oppostie ends of the hallway, 8/10 times ive stayed here ive had to ask the house keeping staff to keep the noise down as they seem to work through the night here.The walls in the rooms are also very thin so if youre not being kept awake by the outside noise or the house keeping staff then chances are you'll probably be kept up by your neighbours TV.

The hotel bar is very dark and dingy and doesnt stay open very late so if you arrive into NY on a late flight and fancy a drink when you get to the hotel chances are you wont get one from the hotel bar, wine list is mediocre as is the food and very much over priced.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I arrived at the Radisson Martinique at about 8am Wednesday 26th January, 2011, after a 12-hour overnight flight. It was cold and snowing. l thought I would drop my luggage with the concierge and wander around till check in time, 4pm. I was surprised when the receptionist checked me in immediately, at no extra charge!! On my way out, l was to leave a parcel at the reception desk for a niece to pick up later that day. The Duty Manager accepted to take the parcel and keep it in her office for my niece. Many hotels dont do that! I guess l am glued to this hotel!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ayo0048
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2011

This being our first trip to New York I was unsure of the best area and hotel to stay, fortunatley we were recommended the Martinique by friends and we were not dissapointed. On arrival we were welcolmed by friendly staff and checked straight in to our room without any problems or delays even though the time was before normal check in time of 4.00pm. (this was a relief as I had booked online direct with the hotel and didnt know what to expect) I really shoud not of worried.
The room was basic, but clean and spacious, we stayed in a family room with double sleepnumber beds, on the 14th floor, with a view overlooking Greeley Square, we could here some street noise but hey you are in New York and cab drivers like their horns.

This hotel location on the corner of Broadway and 32nd street, turned out to be perfect for our visit, as we walked to the majority of the sights saving alot of money on cab fare, Macys is the closest being only 2 mins walk away with the Empire State Building 5 mins walk, Maddison Square Gardens 10 mins, Times Square and Rockefeller 10-15mins, Central Park and shoppping on 5th avaenue is 20-25 mins, we only had to take 1 cab to take us downtown to Battery Park so we could get the ferry to Statue of Liberty, but we spent the whole day in that area seeing the sights Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero and the Financial District etc and actually walked back up Broadway to the hotel (about 4 miles) but we think this was the only way to see New York, and so glad we did walk it.

I would recommend breakfast in Cafe Martinique next door, we ate there twice and thought they gave great service, good food and good value, We really enjoyed our stay at the Martinique and would stay again if we ever go back to New York.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank scb76
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed January 19, 2011

The Radisson Martinique is in a great location right beside Herald Square and across the road from Macys. Staff are extremely friendly and very efficient. Any requests to housekeeping were answered immediately. Ideal location for seeing either Times Square or Chinatown. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family