My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 7 nights last week, in the Classic Guest Room (the basic one).
At the check-in, you have to pay an extra 100 dollars per night, as a guarantee that you will not break or steal anything, I guess. I already had payed in advance for the 7 nights, but had to pay these extra 100 dollars per night. I thought it was a common procedure in cheap hotels, but not in an expensive one like this. At the end of the period they give back this amount, but it is mandatory that you pay, and there is nothing you can do about it. They also don't give you any receipt or document stating that you gave this amount.
The room has a heater/air-conditioning system, but it is too noisy. You can't control the temperature in the room properly, and you can't turn the device off. It has a thermostat, and if it starts working in the middle of the night, you will not sleep for the rest of the night with the noise. I tried to simply turn it off, but it is impossible. I called front desk, and the person said that she didn't know how to turn it off.
In one of the evenings, when I came back from the street, there was a smell of cigarette smoke in the bathroom. Someone was smoking there, for sure. Oh, and by the way, the bathroom has an exaust fan, but it never worked.
Overall, the room was clean and has good amenities, like hair dryer, cable TV (althought it is impossible to change the TV's volume), safe (didn't work, either - it was displying an "ERROR" message when I tried to use it). The room also has a coffeemaker, which I loved, and the room and bathroom were properly cleaned every day.
The hotel is near from two subway lines (yellow and orange), the localization is excellent.
The staff was just okay. Some of them were very friendly but others could definitely be more friendly and polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel with French Renaissance exterior & traditional interior, housed in building dating from 1897. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Carlson, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Martinique on Broadway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Martinique On Broadway Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Broadway
- Radisson Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Hotel
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Martinique New York
- Radisson Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Martinique