“Excellent locale & service; highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Martinique on Broadway

Radisson Martinique on Broadway
Ranked #222 of 479 Hotels in New York City
“Excellent locale & service; highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here this past week. Great experience. Can't say enough good about this hotel and it's staff. Everyone tries really hard, are friendly, and all their efforts pay off too.
David Eaton and his staff are great to deal with too.
Highly recommend this hotel for its location and it's service too. Very clean and safe.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crusted

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This is perhaps our fifth stay at this hotel, and as always, our expectations are met.
Service is great and very friendly. Staff aim to please.
David Eaton and his team are fabulous, and really do care about your experience.
Rooms are well appointed, clean, and generally feel very safe and secure.
We will be back!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jamie216
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My Fiancee surprised me to a trip to NYC for VDay weekend and long story short, because she got a deal through Travelzoo; location is the ONLY reason why paying $170 was worth staying here. Location was great but that is ALL I have to say about the hotel.

The bath tub had mold build up in between the tiles, the rooms were small (well.... big for NY standards), the breakfast is RIDICULOUSLY over priced and only mediocre.

I am not the type of reviewer to nit pick at anything (reference my other reviews) so for me to give this at best 2 stars, says a lot.

The hotel staff at the restaurant do not have enough manners to even say "excuse me" when they bump into you to get through to the kitchen and the bell guy had us waiting 20 minutes before even being helped when picking up our bags.

Long story short, I would not stay at this hotel again and pay full price. It was a good deal, a one night stay and location was great.

I will look for another hotel next time I visit NYC.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Greetings Gina,

I can only imagine your excitement upon receiving such a wonderful Valentine’s Day surprise. On behalf of our team, please allow me apologize for your less than romantic stay. Each concern has been addressed with our Housekeeping Department and Restaurant Manager. Your comments will be used to help enhance our future customer service.

We would love to have you back to celebrate your next joyous occasion. Please contact me directly at 212-736-3800 to discuss your next New York City adventure.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Warmest regards,

Tara Williams
Radisson Martinique Management Team
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Really i ve enjoyed my stay in this place all r friendly people , very good place rooms r good , the location is perfect and more classy than times square , near to 34 and herald square near to macys n jcpenny , all the area is full of services it was awesome

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Karim E
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right next to 34th st herald sq subway station. Close to everything. Comfortable bed & clean and spacy rooms. We got a room on 16th floor with great view. Friendly staff. We totally enjoyed our stay here & will come back next time we're in NYC!
Breakfast buffet was not worth 25$ so have breakfast at Speedy's across the street. Thats the only minus, skip breakfast in the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PutteANDCarro
Hainburg an der Donau, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have spent most of my professional life in hotels all over the planet as an airline pilot - this hotel is below standard: inadequate heating, hotel room stayed in the mid-tens (centigrade) although the air conditioning unit was set to 25 deg C. The old-fashioned, window-mounted unit just dispensed cold air. Had to wear socks in bed and other guests I talked to had the same problem.

On one of my stays a strong chemical (chlorine smell) was used to disinfect the room. The odor caused nausea so I requested another room. Staff is very polite but the owner obviously has never spent a night in this hotel.

In case of a fire I wonder if a guest makes it to the emergency exits. The floor plan is really confusing. In my humble opinion, spending my life in hotel rooms, this is just not worth the money although some tourists will value to location in mid Manhattan.

Room Tip: Just don´t book it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Airline_Pilot_767
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Good day Captain,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Our staff is always available to rectify any issue you may encounter. I am glad you found our team members polite and hope your new room was satisfactory.

We take safety seriously and thank you for your observations. In addition to our guestroom emergency floor plans, each hallway is equipped with illuminated exit and stairway lighting, as well as speaker system directly linked to our Security Department. I case of any emergency, instructions would be conveyed and staff would available to assist.

Upon your next scheduled layover, please do not hesitate to bring your needs to our attention. We welcome the opportunity to resolve any limitations immediately.

Tara Williams
Radisson Martinique Management Team
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The Radisson Martinique on Broadway is the only Radisson (and the only Club Carlson property) in Manhattan. There are a few other Club Carlson properties in NYC, but this is your only Manhattan option. Luckily, this place is in a great location, at the corner of 32nd and Broadway. Many train lines converge directly under the building, and many of the top tourist locations are easily walkable. If you fly into LaGuardia airport, however, it is an expensive cab ride or a moderately long bus to train connection (JFK would be easier since you could take the train, although you will have to transfer trains).

As a Club Carlson Gold member, we received a room on the executive floor (actually Penthouse 2). The room itself was fine. It was somewhat small but this is no surprise in NYC. I was disappointed with the view (two tiny slit windows in the corner of the room, that's it), but I didn't come all the way to NYC to sit in my hotel, so it was fine.

Some other notes:
- Checkin was friendly, but a little slow. My rate included breakfast for two days (for two people) so they had to manually write out the breakfast vouchers. Surely there has got to be a way to automate this process or have the vouchers ready beforehand?
- There were three elevators, of which only two actually go up to the Penthouse floors. Of those two, one was broken, so it was really just one elevator. Usually it was not a big deal but one morning it took about 10 minutes for the elevator. Annoying!
- The executive lounge was nice, but nothing special. They have trail mix bars, apples, a coffee machine, and bottled water. It seemed like the bottled water was put out in the morning and once it was gone, it was gone. Every time I went in the afternoon, the water was not replenished. No biggie though.
- The bathroom was small but the water pressure was good, and the shower head was adjustable and definitely high enough for me (6 foot 3). The door did not close easily however, which was annoying (it did not catch, you had to push the door extra hard).
- I really liked the desk clock next to the bed, which included a charging spot (through USB) for iPhones and other devices.
- Keurig coffee maker in-room, which is a nice touch.
- The TV was HD, and there were a TON of channels. It was a small-ish TV, but totally fine. Please don't watch too much TV on vacation.
- The gym was quite small. There are three treadmills (one of which was off-balance and too wobbly to run on), two ellipticals, and a small weight room. It was very hot down there. The treadmills have a wall directly behind them, so if you are fall while running on the treadmill you are in trouble.
- The breakfast buffet (part of my paid rate) was actually pretty good, and very well stocked when I was there. To me it would not have been worth the $25 rate, but if you can include it in your room rate for cheaper it might be worth it, especially for families.
- Loved the mattress! We slept very well, and the room was very quiet.
- After checkout we stored our bags with the concierge and they were very friendly, and when we left they retrieved our stuff very quickly. Nice!

One other thing. Since Club Carlson is a big European brand, be prepared for your hotel to be overrun with Europeans (including tons of airline flight crews). This is not a bad thing at all, but the lobby was often very crowded, and I think if you get there at a bad time you're going to have to wait a long time to check in behind them all.

All in all, you're in NYC, and this is a very good option. Enjoy it!

Room Tip: The executive lounge is nice but not worth paying any extra for.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple