“Great Mid town hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #235 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Amityville, New York
“Great Mid town hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had a girl's weekend in New York City, This hotel was located near all. Rooms as i find in all Radisson to very comfortable & very roomy for A New York City Hotel room. Staff was most helpful & very friendly to all. Althought I would recommend not to eat in there Matinique Resturant. Service was poor, which was a big dissappointment. We choose to eat there for Sunday breakfast just for convenice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

both I and my wife are gold members, and we booked two room for the family, but only one was upgraded to the higher floor. (we emailed the hotel beforehead indicating our stay will be for our 15 th-aniversary, and asked an upgrade to rooms with sofabed. They replied saying we were marked as VIP). I showed the email to the front desk, and she just said the email was from a different department. It then took the manager quite some time to eventually grant us both upgrades. However, I take the "upgrade" as useless. The rooms are on 17, 18 th floor, but with no view and no sofabed. The rooms are no different from other basic rooms. Feel especially bad about their so-called lounge on 17th floor. It's not the loung you would think as the ones in other hotels. It's basically just some open space with sofas around, without any food/drink/servie. Front desk people are polite but cold. When checking out and getting the parking validation ($37/day), it took that gentleman >10min for whatever reason.

They do offer free full breakfast (not sure it's for gold members or for the lounge floor guests). That's a positive thing. Location is ok but not the best. 15min walk to time square.

Overall, it's a decent 3-star hotel. We used our points, so we feel ok with the stay, and may come back again with points, but would never pay to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Overall, Radisson is not my first choice when looking for hotels, but I had a free night coupon to use and I decided to use it here.

I'm a Club Carlson Gold member.

I asked for, and received the aforementioned room 1720. For NYC standards this would probably be considered to be a junior suite given its very oversized compared to other rooms at this hotel and has a sofa bed. It would, however, be a rather standard room size in Toronto. And yes, it had a great view of the Empire State Building.

The room was clean enough but by no means was it sterile. I won't make a big deal out of one minor thing I found. The shower was great!

Service at the front desk was rather surly.

Club Carlson members should know that this hotel now only provides welcome amenities to the 'Concierge' tier members. It's the only Radisson where I've seen this. Oh well.

Id probably return

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Broken Hill, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We recently stayed at the Radisson Martinique for 3 nights. The reception staff were friendly and efficient. We ended up with a room upgrade. The king room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom is a bit small, but that didn't matter. There was no street noise at all. We did find it strange not to have a fridge in the room. My husband is a diabetic so requires keeping his insulin refrigerated. I asked at reception if they had anything that he could keep his insulin cool in? They asked if we were going to be at the room. We were. They said they would send up a fridge. We thought that they had forgotten about it and ended up going to sleep. Then there was a knock at the door. Our mini fridge had arrived. (about 1/2 the height of what you would normally find in a hotel room). The reason for the delay in getting it to us.....They went out and purchased one! Now that is service! (The staff member had to remove the tags, warranty, user manuals etc. while setting it up) Our buffet breakfast was included in the price. Food was excellent, although, no egg station. And the toaster I think needs to be replaced. It was nothing to wait 5-10 mins for your toast to be ready. There was one staff member at breakfast that really stood out. She wasn't wearing a badge that I could see. She spoke both Spanish and English, she had long dark wavy hair and did not work on the 24th June at breakfast (I mention this because the hotel management need to know how good she is!), she was prompt, cheerful and made you feel really welcome and did a great job. A pleasant way to start our day. The hotel is a handy walk to most things, The Empire State Building, Macy's, 5th Ave, 6th Ave markets, Times Square, the hop on hop off buses, dining etc. We also walked to Central Park. A negative might be that all the people departing the hotel while waiting for their transport, tend to stand in front of the doors. But there is maintenance happening, and with people also walking by, you just have to negotiate your way through. But would definitely recommend this hotel to others and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We got a great deal via ClubCarlson and booked a 3 night stay here. The location was perfect, right in between everything with a subway light right outside the door. The staff was helpful and pleasant. There is a great quick food place across the street (Speedies I think?) which made our mornings very easy and we found a great grab and go restaurant among the Korean restaurants right outside the door I'd recommend if I could remember the name! We did have some problems with our room but the staff worked quickly to get them fixed. Housekeeping made extra efforts to help us out too (the AC was leaking in our room). The beds were nice and the rooms were amazingly quiet given all the hub-bub right outside the door. If you choose this hotel be sure to join the ClubCarlson loyalty program, it's fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed there two nights during a weekend in New York and have to say the location is perfect! The hotel itself is a bit dated and tired and the staff although friendly are not the most helpful. I did not spend much time in the hotel only coming back there to sleep.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Norwalk, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed there for a night.

Pro-
Room- Hotel itself looks a lot better inside than what it seemed outside, which was a pleasant surprise. Room was pretty small, but it was reasonable in NYC standard. They gave us a free upgrade, which was also a nice little surprise.

Location- Awesome location. Close to the subway. Close to Ktown. Not too far from anywhere & still get some quiet time.

Con-
Service- Might be one off event, but we requested for late check out service which was granted. We got a call from the front desk the next day early morning which woke me up. bummer.

Value- To be clear, this wasn't my issue (I redeemed my points), but the price I saw on the website seems a little too stiff given the alternatives. I think there's some premium on the hotel being a historic site. At the same time, if you are just looking for a hotel that you can sleep in, maybe you could find similar options at lower price.

Summary: Surprisingly satisfactory hotel but not exactly the best hotel value-wise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple