5,118 results
All reviewsthe empire state buildingpenn stationclub carlsongreat locationnew yorkkorea towntimes squareherald squarehistoric hotelthe penthousearound the cornerdoor staffcoffee machinean upgradecentral locationlate checkbig apple
Reviewed May 29, 2008

At first when I had booked through Expedia, the Raddison Martinique was not available, so i booked the Hotel Pennsylvania.

However after reading and seeing various reports about the Penn, I decided to ring Expedia and change the booking to the RRaddison which was now available, although Expedia charged me £85 to change the booking.

From what I saw of the Penn when I was in NY 22nd May to 28th May, I am glad i paid the extra to change.

From what I saw you cannot compare the two.

I suppose there is a good reason why so many flight crews stay at the raddison

we got to the hotel at 12.30pm and only had to wait until 1pm to get into the room, 14th floor no smoking and no smell of smoke, air con was fine could turn on or off, bathroom small, but I don't know about you but i did not go to NY to sit in the bathroom.

Location fantastic, in 2007 I stayed at the Roosevelt, which is a better hotel but you are closer to everything at the raddison.

Staff very pleasant, room cleaned every day and big enough for two, location great.

Overall really very good, i am going back next year and will be booking again

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2008

I just love the Martinique, location is Excellent just around the corner from Macys, Victoria's Secrets and many more shops. Reception staff are very friendly. Number bed is great fun my daughter slept like a log once she got the perfect number setting. Bathroom is very small this is the norm for NY. Security on the door gives peace of mind at nights and they are very hot. Would not recommend upgrading to the Club Level as it is not value for money with so many eateries around get out and about. Have stayed in many hotels in NY, will continue now to use this hotel as it is good value for money, leaving more in the pocket for shopping. If you are going to NY for a special occassion do not forget the revolving restaurant in the Marquis Hotel. Shopping - Woodbury Common is a must, also a visit to Century 21 at World Trade Centre is worth a visit.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2008

The good - the midtown location is great and I got a very good deal via expedia. If this is the best deal on offer at the time, go for it. New York hotels are very expensive and the rate on the hotel's website was much higher than what I paid, so always check expedia or similar sites before you book this via their website.

There was free wireless internet which worked very well in my room. I have read some reports of the connection being weak or inexistent, so maybe it depends on the floor - I was on the 3rd floor.

The bad - my "non smoking" room smelt of smoke. The air conditioner was very noisy, and the sound proofing was inexistent in my room. There was a filthy pyjamas bottom under the bed which looked like it had not been vaccumed for a while. Was not impressed with the service at the front desk.

Tips - there's a Speedy's opposite the hotel which has great buffet meals. Don't waste your money eating at the hotel, there are so many eateries in the neighbouring area. Macy's is very close by but Manhattan Mall is even closer, which is a great option if you're on a budget.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tarquinius_superbus
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I went to New York on my honeymoon and booked the Radisson based on okay reviews. We were looking for something that was clean, half-way decent, and not super expensive. And that is exactly what we got. I booked an executive room on the hotel website for $474 a night. I took advantage of the Radisson Online Rate Guarantee and ended up getting the room for only $266 a night!!! The hotel is not an extremely nice hotel with lots of amentities. It is a nice place to rest after a long day of walking around New York. I would stay here again if I could get the same rate. If you are looking for luxury, DO NOT stay here. The concierge Rebecca was very helpful and nice. The bellman Ronnie was also very nice. He gave us a coupon to Jack Dempsey's Irish Pub (located only a block away). We ate there 3 times during our trip. Very good food! The hotel restaurant is good but the service is terrible. We ate there twice and had bad service both times. Definately take advantage of the subway located right outside the hotel door. If you are intimidated by the subway system (which we were), take the time to learn it. It is very beneficial and will allow you to get around the city MUCH faster.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 14, 2008

Stayed in the Radisson Martinique on Broadway in May 2008. We arrived before 3.00 p.m. on 3rd May 2008 but they had a room ready and we were able to check in immediately. Very helpful gentleman on the desk. My daughter and I booked a double room and it was good, bathroom a bit small. Great location for getting around. Had breakfast in the Hotel most mornings 15 dollars each for the buffet breakfast + tax and service. Housekeeping staff very friendly and did a good job. All other staff in the Hotel were very courteous although some waiting staff not the most helpful. Would stay there again.