5,205 results
All reviews the empire state building penn station club carlson great location new york korea town times square herald square historic hotel the penthouse around the corner door staff coffee machine an upgrade central location late check big apple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The location is a little south of the Times Square area but no place is far in NYC.

The hotel lobby is unassuming. The staff is polite and efficient. There is a lobby bar off to the side of the main check in desk.

The rooms are standard and clean. The furnishings are business style with a mini bar fridge and rain water shower head. The rooms are standard NYC size. Typical Raddison amenities for the bathroom and a Keurig coffee machine in the rooms. The internet came as a package.

Depending on the price of the hotel and package when purchased this could be a good hotel option. The rooms were quiet and the sleep was good.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Firstly I want to start off by saying that I am 30 year old woman and this trip was my 30th birthday treat to myself. My friends and I had been saving for this trip of a life for 5 years, and we were not disappointed!!!! In fact we were totally over whelmed by the whole experience.

Prior to booking this hotel we looked at lots of other hotels and some private accommodation, however this hotel was recommend from my friend’s landlord who uses the hotel regularly for business. Due to this we did get an extremely good deal with breakfast included in the room rate which is unusual in NYC hotels.

Hotel Location - The hotel it situated at the top of Koreantown and at the bottom of Herald Square. The hotel looks directly downtown. To the side of the hotel is JCPenny and various other shops. The hotel is 2 streets down from 34th Street where you will find Macys, Victoria Secrets, lots of other great shops and the Empire State Building. The location couldn't have been better! In fact the location was so good we walked everywhere and only used the subway once to get downtown to the Staten Island Ferry and we walked all the way back!

The Hotel in General - The hotel reception area is older fashioned, quite ornate with marble floors and pillars. It has a beautiful staircase up to all floors, however if you are on the 15th floor, like us, you’ll certainly use the lift of which there is 3. The lobbies to the rooms are in need of a bit of a face lift, but generally tastefully decorated and most importantly clean.

The Bedroom - There were 3 girls sharing a twin room (two double beds). This didn’t bother us and with hotels being so expensive it really brought the cost down for us. My only real complaints about the room would be that the bathroom is small, the room really in fact sleeps 4 adults and that would just be a nightmare with the bathroom. There isn’t really enough space to hang up clothes so we were really living out of a suitcase and there was no safety deposit box. To be fair though we didn’t ask for one at reception, however everything was very safe so no issues there.

Apart from that the room was nicely decorated, the beds were extremely comfy, the room was quiet at night and most importantly it was clean. I can also say that the shower was brilliant!

We were hardly in the room really, so living out a case didn’t bother us in the slightest, we literally just slept in it.

The Breakfast - If it’s not included in your room rate its $25, which personally we thought was a little over-priced. The breakfast however was great. Lots of variety from, eggs, sausage, bacon, french toast, cereal, fruits, cold meats and breads. There was always plenty for everyone including my friend who was vegetarian.

My only complaint about the breakfast would be the dining room set up. Due to very few waiting staff, which is not their fault, turn over on tables can be very slow. Slow to re-set, slow to clear and slow to bring you things like tea, coffee and juice, however by the time you go up and get what you want to eat the items you asked for were always on your table. The waiting staff are very polite even though they are clearly quite stressed at times.

The Martinique Café/Bar - Due to our flight being delayed we arrived at the hotel around 10pm. We decided to pop into the cafe for a quick bite to eat. We enjoyed a lovely pizza and a few cocktails, and the waiting staff were really helpful with our bags as they could obviously see we were shattered. The food was lovely and no matter when you passed by it morning, noon and night it was always busy with people every day.

KumGangSan Restaurant - On our first night due to us rushing around having been sightseeing all day we decided to eat in KumGangSan, a Korean Restaurant within the hotel before going to see a show. The restaurant was a little quiet when we went in but we were not disappointed with the quality of food it was fantastic and so fresh. They also give you little mcomplimentary dishes to eat while you wait for your meal. The service was first class and the price of the food was reasonable too. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you like Asian food.

The General Service - Prior to our departure we consulted with the concierge on when the best time was to leave for catching our flight at JFK. The concierge were so helpful, they took our bags into a safe room, advised us on what time we should leave, giving us plenty of time to avoid rush hour and they even booked a private taxi for us which cost less than a yellow cab on the way there.

The service from the hotel could not be faulted in any way!

This hotel is primarily used for business people and flight attendants such as air hostesses and pilots so the hotel it always really busy, especially in the morning at breakfast.

If everything I have mentioned doesn’t phase you then book this hotel, you really won’t be disappointed, I certainly wasn’t and I would definitely return to this hotel again if I ever get the chance to come back.

Hope you find this helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 15th floor and the lobby was alway quiet. The higher the quieter I think. After all the sight seeing you will shattered so you need a good nights sleeps to be active the next day. Book your attractions tickets before you go, saves alot of time in queues. Don't waste your time going to Times Square for cheap tickets, the queue again is massive, just pay full price, get great seats and enjoy your day without the hassle of getting wet in a huge line. Another top tip.....Cocktails and the Plaza and Waldrof are amazing! Do it!
1  Thank lesleyannebrown1982
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed several times in this hotel. And there is a big difference in the size of the rooms. Once I had a room at the upper floor with great view and amazing bed. But usually I get a small but always clean room. The rooms are not soundproof, but that is hard to find in the historic building hotels in Manhattan. But never comprimise with a connecting door, no ear plugs will help you at a room like that. Breakfast a la carte is good, the coffee a bit dissapointing. But outside the hotel there are many good coffee options. And it is right in Korea Town, so many nice priced quality restaurants. But a big plus is the subway station right next to the hotel, love it. Also love the fact that the hotel is used by airline crews, I think that it gives the hotel its international feeling.

Room Tip: stay away from elevators, and connecting doors
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

As a frequent traveller for a Multi National Corporation and happy owner of a mobile phone, I usually avoid using phones in hotel rooms. But out of an emergency (family member in hospital) I had to do so shortly before Xmas 2012 when staying at the Radisson Martinique in New York. I was expecting this call to be expensive, but what I then found on my bill the next morning before checking out was just ridiculous... USD 360 for a ten minutes call with a very poor line where I could hardly understand what the other person was saying over the phone... when complaining at the front desk and the manager in charge, I was offer a very generous 50% discount... Radisson never again...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank GDC3569
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Greeting from New York City,

I’m so sorry to hear of your sick family member. Please accept our heartfelt well wishes.

We often recommend guests use pre-paid international phone cards to minimize long distance costs. However, I understand your need to make an emergency call from your room. While all international phone rates are based upon our call provider, I was glad to hear our Front Office Manager worked to assist with this unexpected charge. We have also launched an investigation into the clarity of our international land lines.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your personal experience.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Radisson Martinique on Broad in New York City was a very nice experience. The staff at the hotel were all extremely courteous and helpful. The room, although not terribly large, was very comfortable. The location of the hotel was exceptional - right in the heart of Broadway. It was a very short walk to the metro in the event that you wanted to be whisked to another side of town. Good restaurants in the area abounded. A nice little place for breakfast and lunch with a great view was located diagonally right outside the hotel --- although I can't remember the name of it. It was a very worthwhile experience to stay at this stately hotel.

1  Thank Joei