We stayed at this hotel from the 30th Dec-2nd Jan.
Service:When we arrived at the hotel there was an issue with the payment for our booking. The booking was through an agency and the hotel advised they needed take a pre authorisation payment.I advised this was fine and we then find out when we asked the amount that they actually wanted to charge us for last 2 nights, nearly $3000. We spent nearly 4 hours waiting in reception, the hotel refused to let us check in until we paid the full amount, even though I had confirmations to prove the booking had been pre paid. After nearly 2 hours I demanded to see a manager as the front desk didn't even offer us a drink or to use a phone I was told I would need to buy a calling card myself. After consulting with a manager and long negotiations after another 2 hours we finally checked in. The service at the hotel is poor, even after this mistake they still continued to send us bills to our room for the stay! Also, we emailed the hotel twice before our visit to enquire on if they had any higher room categories available and neither me or my friend ever had a reply from them.
The location is the main good point about this hotel. Literally round the corner and a 30 second walk from the hotel you are at Macys. Times Sq is a little further down and you would need another 10 minutes to walk there but it is in a very handy location.
Breakfast: IF you eat breakfast in the hotel, make sure you get to the restaurant before 9am, once it reaches 9am the queue goes down the stairs to get a table. The food itself was reasonable, some selection of sausages, bacon, french toast and pancakes. Cold meat section with turkey, ham and cheeses and also a cereal section. The only bad point about having breakfast in the hotel is that there is not enough staff for the customers. You cannot get your own drinks so have to rely on a member of staff to bring out your drinks tea,coffee, orange and even then you can have finished your breakfast and still be waiting. However I would say this is down to the staff being overworked as they were very pleasent.
Dinner: We ate in the restaurant for dinner and I cannot fault the food, the food was lovely. I had a 16oz steak and no complaints.
Room: The room was a reasonable size, we were on the 19th floor, comfortable king size bed, flat screen tv and a desk area. We didn't stay in the room much but the bed was really comfortable. I would suggest the higher the floor the better as you will get a better view.
Overall the hotel was very clean and the room was more than adequate, the only thing that the let this hotel down was the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel with French Renaissance exterior & traditional interior, housed in building dating from 1897. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Radisson Martinique on Broadway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Martinique On Broadway Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Broadway
- Radisson Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Hotel
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Martinique New York
- Radisson Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Martinique