“Small rooms, great location”

Radisson Martinique on Broadway
Ranked #233 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed several times in this hotel. And there is a big difference in the size of the rooms. Once I had a room at the upper floor with great view and amazing bed. But usually I get a small but always clean room. The rooms are not soundproof, but that is hard to find in the historic building hotels in Manhattan. But never comprimise with a connecting door, no ear plugs will help you at a room like that. Breakfast a la carte is good, the coffee a bit dissapointing. But outside the hotel there are many good coffee options. And it is right in Korea Town, so many nice priced quality restaurants. But a big plus is the subway station right next to the hotel, love it. Also love the fact that the hotel is used by airline crews, I think that it gives the hotel its international feeling.

Room Tip: stay away from elevators, and connecting doors
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 3, 2013

As a frequent traveller for a Multi National Corporation and happy owner of a mobile phone, I usually avoid using phones in hotel rooms. But out of an emergency (family member in hospital) I had to do so shortly before Xmas 2012 when staying at the Radisson Martinique in New York. I was expecting this call to be expensive, but what I then found on my bill the next morning before checking out was just ridiculous... USD 360 for a ten minutes call with a very poor line where I could hardly understand what the other person was saying over the phone... when complaining at the front desk and the manager in charge, I was offer a very generous 50% discount... Radisson never again...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank GDC3569
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Greeting from New York City,

I’m so sorry to hear of your sick family member. Please accept our heartfelt well wishes.

We often recommend guests use pre-paid international phone cards to minimize long distance costs. However, I understand your need to make an emergency call from your room. While all international phone rates are based upon our call provider, I was glad to hear our Front Office Manager worked to assist with this unexpected charge. We have also launched an investigation into the clarity of our international land lines.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your personal experience.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Radisson Martinique on Broad in New York City was a very nice experience. The staff at the hotel were all extremely courteous and helpful. The room, although not terribly large, was very comfortable. The location of the hotel was exceptional - right in the heart of Broadway. It was a very short walk to the metro in the event that you wanted to be whisked to another side of town. Good restaurants in the area abounded. A nice little place for breakfast and lunch with a great view was located diagonally right outside the hotel --- although I can't remember the name of it. It was a very worthwhile experience to stay at this stately hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joei
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The positive:
- friendly staff
- historic building
- excellent upgrade to penthouse suite (there is a big however...)
- good breakfast if included
- location: just at the intersection of Broadway and 6th

The negative
- I asked for a quiet room and was upgraded to the penthouse suite, which is the contrary to quiet: it's build over the ascensor, so you hear every single motor of the three ascensors working. It's extremely loud
- Old building means discomfort: small bathrooms, no isolation
- this hotels is used by many airlines
- this hotel is a Brazilian joint (Brazilians are usually loud)

It's nice, but it's nor worth 600 USD per night.

Room Tip: Do not take the penthpuse suites or any room near the elevator
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank philosion
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The people on staff here make the difference between average ho-hum, and WOW I am having
a great time. My upgrade ( Silver status with CLUB CARLSON ) produced a larger than normal
room. We found the people of NY very friendly, especially the staff at Martinique.
We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Manhatten!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on floor PH18.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This was my first ever trip to NYC and never on any of my vacations do I ever stay at swanky hotels like this but this trip was a gift and the hotel was a treat! Loved the fact that it was one of the most historic hotels in NY and close to everything. The room was very small but very clean and updated. There were 3 of us in the room so it was quite tight but we managed. A few minor problems...the sleep number beds and the Keurig coffee machine did not work. We complained to 3 different managers before the problem was fixed but we were compensated for our trouble. The buffet breakfast was the only time we ate at the hotel. It was very good, lots of variety. I would definetely stay here again if I ever get back to NYC

Room Tip: It was suggested to us to get a room on a higher floor so as not to hear the traffic outside. We we...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 3grandlands
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

What a great experience here. Phenomenal upgrade, gifts awaited me in my room and terrific staff from bottom to top!! Highly recommend.

I will definitely be back again!! An I will tell all my friends. Make sure you take time to comment the bell staff as they are the unsung heroes. AND TIP!!

• Stayed: December 2012