5,127 results
All reviewsthe empire state buildingpenn stationclub carlsongreat locationnew yorkkorea towntimes squareherald squarehistoric hotelthe penthousearound the cornerdoor staffcoffee machinean upgradecentral locationlate checkbig apple
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The number of air line employees just has to be a good sign. The lobby is often full of flight staff. We stayed for a week over Thanksgiving and we felt extremely well looked after. The room was moderate in size and comfortable. The staff were not obvious unless you needed them and then they were most helpful. The hotel is in a very handy location for both walking and subway travel.
We checked out at 3.30am for an early flight and a minor error in the bill was fixed quietly and without dispute.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Markearns
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We booked this on our club Carlson points. It is located 2 blocks from Macy's and right next to Korea town. The room was good with a view of some back buildings. Wifi is complimentary and there's a coffee machine in the room. If I was paying, I think it would be a bit too high for my budget. Overall, recommended for its location.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Alexjoey
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great hotel centrally placed in Midtown. Clean and good rooms. We stayed here for several nights with family and friends. The hotel is value for money. The rooms are pleasent and good. Extremely many airlines have their employees staying at the hotel. Close to Empire state, Penn station and Macy's. Also close to Times Square and close enough to central park. We stau+yed at the hotel during the hy\urricane Sandy and the presidential election. Memorable days and an exiting vacation in New York City. The marathon - however - was cancelled.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Leon A
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at the Martinique a couple of months ago and was delighted by the service and the convenince of being so near so many fantastic NYC sights. When I needed assistance, Fatena Williams, the Rooms Division Manager was extremely helpful, warm and super efficient. Her responsiveness and consideration helped make our stay in this beautiful hotel even better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Antonio R
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had to stay at the Radisson Martinique as evacuees from Long Island during Hurricane Sandy. While the managers and staff were very nice and understanding (most were suffering the same impacts of Sandy as we were), the corporate rules and regulations had no understanding or compassion for those of us who could not return home.

We had to prolong our stay due to the severity of damage our town suffered. Did the Radisson honor our first night's rate? No! They decided to raise our rates from $188 to $244. After two more days passed, we discovered we could not return to our town, so the Radisson decided to raise our rates to $400 a night. We were also told that we had to leave after our last night and could not extend anymore. We have two small children.

We were not asking for a handout, just a bit of compassion and understanding. What irony...almost seven years ago, my husband and I received wonderful service when we held our wedding reception at a Radisson in my hometown. Seven years later, after tragedy and destruction, the Radisson shows us that we're just a headcount in their cold, corporate world.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sandy_Refugee
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Greetings from New York City,
Hurricane Sandy was an extraordinary weather event. So many of our friends, neighbors and loved ones were affected by the historic storm. Many are still recovering.

I was pleased to hear our Martinique staff made you as comfortable as possible during your evacuation from Long Island. It was important to us that we make our property a home away from home for our guests and a temporary resource center and respite for the many New Yorkers fleeing the black-out zone. I will not soon forget the patience, helpfulness and overall sense of community felt in those first few days after the storm.

I am so sorry your stay rates were not explained to you in detail. As I am sure you know, the New York Marathon was scheduled for November 4th, only a few days after the storm. This annual sporting event is one of the busiest times of the year and runners from all over the globe descend upon New York. Like most area hotels, we were almost sold out with groups and guests booked for well above $450. Instead of offering displaced residences the Marathon rates available to the public, we were able to deeply reduce your room nights by offering exclusive discounts.

Again, I do apologize this was not explained to you properly. It is our mission to make each guest stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Warm regards,