5,121 results
All reviewsthe empire state buildingpenn stationclub carlsongreat locationnew yorkkorea towntimes squareherald squarehistoric hotelthe penthousearound the cornerdoor staffcoffee machinean upgradecentral locationlate checkbig apple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at the Martinique a couple of months ago and was delighted by the service and the convenince of being so near so many fantastic NYC sights. When I needed assistance, Fatena Williams, the Rooms Division Manager was extremely helpful, warm and super efficient. Her responsiveness and consideration helped make our stay in this beautiful hotel even better.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Antonio R
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had to stay at the Radisson Martinique as evacuees from Long Island during Hurricane Sandy. While the managers and staff were very nice and understanding (most were suffering the same impacts of Sandy as we were), the corporate rules and regulations had no understanding or compassion for those of us who could not return home.

We had to prolong our stay due to the severity of damage our town suffered. Did the Radisson honor our first night's rate? No! They decided to raise our rates from $188 to $244. After two more days passed, we discovered we could not return to our town, so the Radisson decided to raise our rates to $400 a night. We were also told that we had to leave after our last night and could not extend anymore. We have two small children.

We were not asking for a handout, just a bit of compassion and understanding. What irony...almost seven years ago, my husband and I received wonderful service when we held our wedding reception at a Radisson in my hometown. Seven years later, after tragedy and destruction, the Radisson shows us that we're just a headcount in their cold, corporate world.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sandy_Refugee
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Greetings from New York City,
Hurricane Sandy was an extraordinary weather event. So many of our friends, neighbors and loved ones were affected by the historic storm. Many are still recovering.

I was pleased to hear our Martinique staff made you as comfortable as possible during your evacuation from Long Island. It was important to us that we make our property a home away from home for our guests and a temporary resource center and respite for the many New Yorkers fleeing the black-out zone. I will not soon forget the patience, helpfulness and overall sense of community felt in those first few days after the storm.

I am so sorry your stay rates were not explained to you in detail. As I am sure you know, the New York Marathon was scheduled for November 4th, only a few days after the storm. This annual sporting event is one of the busiest times of the year and runners from all over the globe descend upon New York. Like most area hotels, we were almost sold out with groups and guests booked for well above $450. Instead of offering displaced residences the Marathon rates available to the public, we were able to deeply reduce your room nights by offering exclusive discounts.

Again, I do apologize this was not explained to you properly. It is our mission to make each guest stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Warm regards,
Tara Williams

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My second time staying here. Great location. Macys a hop skip & jump away. plenty of great restaurants nearby. Empire state just behind. Staff friendly & helpful. Room spacious & clean. Bar area comfy and staff excellent! Female bartender friendly & entertaining. Food yum. Will be back.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A little dated, but well maintained hotel. However, it's in a very good location, right next to subway stations, and walking distance to major tourist spots, like, the New York Public Library, Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, Times Square, etc.

The hotel has a nice and decent sized lobby. The concierge (Michael) was very helpful when we asked him for questions/directions. However, a couple of the reception staff were not as nice and helpful, and was a little short with us when we asked for internet password/information.

Overall, a nice hotel in a great location! I would go back to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bucket L
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Another stay is this central hotel close to many attractions, shopping and nightlife.
My room this stay was large with Kingsize bed but usual pocky NY city bathroom, however such a large room is not always the norm here as its a bit hit & miss what you get - I have stayed in the smallest of rooms and beds in the US here!
View from my room (being at the back) was non-exsistant unless you like looking into other rooms or a brick wall so I kept the curtains shut. There is an advantage of being at the back though, no traffic noise, especially if you keep your AC/heating on steady to drown other hotel knocking and clanging.
The hotel bar is within the restaurant area and is small. The restaurant is busy and casual but perfect for a quick bite to eat and drink but nothing special.
I'll definitely stay again on business or for leisure as it has everything near by and a warm welcome from staff.

• Stayed: November 2012