“A perfectly fine hotel - get the breakfast buffet!”

Radisson Martinique on Broadway
Ranked #221 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Chestnut Hill, MA
“A perfectly fine hotel - get the breakfast buffet!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

PROS:
+clean
+easy access to the PATH and Subway
+close to Macy's / Harold Sq / Penn Station
+Great breakfast buffet!

CONS:
-in little Korea (a "pro" if you are really into Korean BBQ)
-lots of tourist "I love NY" shops (unless you really want one of those shirts)
-small (but functional) bathrooms

I was upgraded to an executive suite... so my room was super large - it had two full bathrooms, a king bed, a couch, two lounge chairs, a desk, AND a walk in closet. I cannot comment on the typical room - but this was the largest room I have stayed in NYC - including other suites in the area. No mini bar/no mini fridge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank UpscaleButRealistic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Finnish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed at the Radisson Martinique for 3 nights in early September 2012.
Lovely hotel, very friendly and helpful staff.
The rooms are quiet and decently sized for NY.
Upon arrival the rooms were not ready (check-in is at 4pm) and were asked to wait till 6pm. They immediately offered us free drinks at the bar for the wait and free buffet breakfast for one morning of our stay. Very good customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DCalexandre
Mumbai
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Had been on a hectic business visit, and just wanted a place where i could get pure comfort in busy streets of new york. Radisson M was the place....I loved the place and ambience...Hotel was kind enough to offer me free breakfast for 4 days, and the food was awesome...

Room Tip: Look for one which is not on the street side :)
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank sachingb
London
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed here for one night on my own at the end of a two-week trip. I arrived very early in the morning before my room was going to be ready and was told that leaving my bags would be no prioblem - it wasn't. Cesar (the man who was there both days that I left luggage) was charming, helpful and super efficient, a real credit to the hotel. When I arrived back in the afternoon to check in they had upgraded my room (without my asking) and I was super pleased with the accommodation provided. I left my luggage behind the next day before leaving in the evening to go to the airport and, again, it was problem free (which has not always been my experience in other hotels). I'm back in New York in November but have already booked to stay elsewhere which is a shame as I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Asbury-NJ
Greater Toronto Area
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Hotel ideally situated for walking to various attractions such as Times Square, Central Park, Empire State Building, Macy's and Broadway shows.
We had booked a room through Expedia with two double beds as we had two teengangers along with us on the trip. Unfortunately, upon arrival at this hotel, they could not accomodate our booking. They offered us a king size bed with a rollaway cot (single) but at an additional cost to us which made no sense. Explaining to them that this was not suitable for four people they made us wait at which time we had Expedia on the phone, who were very helpful and were also in contact with the hotel and they eventually found us a room with two double beds.
The room was quite small for four people with suitcases to manoever around in. Literally once the suitcases were brought in, we were stepping over them to move around. The bathroom door was situated right next to the head of one bed. Having said this, the hotel is over a hundred years old and this can be par for the course. I was sure I had read that the hotel had been recently refurbished, this room must have missed the renovation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Winddancer367
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I am a Club Carlson silver elite member and eligible for a complimentary room upgrade. When I asked its availablity at check-in, the lady said it was already upgraded.

I stayed in a bigger room than standard on the PH floor. Although the building itself is not so tall, the view was not impressive (almost blocked by another building across the street). But the room was well-maintained and clean. The best thing about Radisson, I think, is their Sleep Number beds, which the room also had.

The location was also very good. It's in Koreatown and very close to Penn Station. As I enjoy Korean food and had a short trip to NJ during my stay, its location was ideal for me.

I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Third visit to this hotel - I love the location, just above the Metro. Rooms are what they are, mostly in need of refurbishing but adequate. I was fortunate enough to be dealing with good reception staff. I had opted for an upgrade and was lucky to get it for an extra USD 25/night. This included breakfast, an evening drink in the bar and an upgrade of room so all in all, an excellent deal ! I will be going there again next month.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple