Hotel Metro
$274
$247
  • Room Service
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Fitness center
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$324
$305
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$257
$216
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$145
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$172
$118
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$309
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
4,410 results
All reviewsroof terracemetro grillbagelsthe empire state buildingtea and coffeepremier queen roomnew yorkgreat hoteltimes squarecontinental breakfastfamily suiteset you up for the dayherald squarepenn stationthe penthousefresh fruitperfect location
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for three nights in August 2012. Great central location with Macys 5 mins walk and Times Sq 10 mins walk. 34th Herald Street subway station is 2 mins walk away. The taxi journey from JFK Airport was 45 mins. Very pleasant room on the 8th Floor with comfortable bed and a nice big walk in shower. Unusually for a New York hotel breakfast is offered as part of the package. Continental style with good choice of cereals, yogurts, pastries and fruit. We had a very nice evening meal in the restaurant opposite the hotel. Check in and check out was very efficient and my only complaint was the inability of the reception staff to sign post me to a local doctor for help with my bad back during my stay. The hotel has a roof top bar/ roof garden which gives fantastic views of the nearby Empire State Building. I believe this is not open all the year round. I was due to stay for 5 nights but returned to the UK after 3 nights due to my back problems. I would however stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hugo B
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I just stayed there for her birthday.
We took a train in from Philadelphia and made the short walk (<5 min) from Penn station to the hotel. Check in was very efficient and courteous. When I mentioned it was my wife's birthday they upgraded us to a spacious corner king. The room was great, lots of space and a big closet. The bathroom was very nice as well with nice toiletries.
The bedding was very, very comfortable. The comforter, pillows and mattress were all exceptional. The only small negative I would say is that the room was so big the flat panel tv was a little small for the room at about 32". But lots of digital channels to choose from.
Internet is free and so was the breakfast. The breakfast is served in a room off the lobby and my wife really enjoyed the the library sitting room. I enjoyed all the TV's around. My wife said the coffee was really good and she's a coffee snob. The breakfast is nothing fancy but very acceptable and the fresh bagels were excellent.
There are only 2 elevators and they can be slow during busy times, but it was not a big deal for us.
The hotel is in an excellent midtown location with Times Square a short 10-15 minute walk with subways to everywhere all around.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay for comfort, service and convenience.
We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner units have more room, as usual.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Villanoleva
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was our second stay at the Hotel Metro and it didn't disappoint. Hotel in great location, everything on your door step or a walk away. Rooms large, beds so comfy you don't want to get up in the morning and shower very powerful and warm. A lot of choice at breakfast, enough to start the day ahead and the complimentary tea and coffee a great added bonus. Matthew on the door as lovely as ever. In fact all the staff very welcoming and helpful. Wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel enough. Just BRILLIANT.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Helen1973_40
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here 9th-13th January. Like many others I found the location excellent - a subway at 34th Herald St within a few hundreds metres brings you Uptown or Dowtown very easily. We had a few drinks at the nearby Irish bars and had a wonderful meal at the Korean/Chinese restaurant next door - it didn't look much from the outside but the food was superb. We also ate at Keens Steakhouse and Ai Fiori which are both around the corner. The Empire State is on the next block and we visited when we arrived at 3.45pm - no queues and we watched the sunset and NYC come alive at night? Breakfast was self-service and more than adequate - cereal, fruit, toast, muffins, bagels, yoghurt etc. Coffee and tea is also complimentary self service 24 hours a day. That was a nice touch after a day or night out. Macy's is also nearby - 8 floors of shopping heaven or hell depending on your point of view. Rooms are not 5 star but were clean and a good size for a city. Maid service every day and staff were always on hand if you needed them. It's a bit noisy outside at night, but they do say this is the city that never sleeps! I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to be used as a base to visit this wonderful city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Probably the best thing about this hotel is the location, Macy's is just down the road!

Our room was very comfortable and the shower was lovely, I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of choice for their continental breakfast.

The roof terrace would have been lovely if we didn't go there in November, slightly chilly to say the least - but offers great views of The Empire State Building which looks great at night all lit up.

We were only there a couple of days as we continued our holiday with a cruise, but I would definitely stay there again if we return to this amazing city sometime.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple