“Great location perfect for NYC”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #229 of 467 Hotels in New York City
dublin,ireland
“Great location perfect for NYC”
Reviewed June 17, 2007

4 of us stayed here (2 couples) in February for 4 nights, it really is in a perfect location off Fifth Avenue. The double room is small but you don't go to New York to stay in your room, its spotlessly clean and has everything you need. Location wise it was great, the polish doorman is so helpful and will advise on where to go and how to get discounts.
There is a 24 hour deli next door if you get peckish, and there are vending machines in the hallways of some floors on the hotel if you want a mineral during the night.
Would definately return to New York and stay here again as it really was great. They also arranged a town car to bring us back to the airport (New Ark) and that worked out the same price as the cab to the hotel. Next time I'll just arrange for them to collect us from the airport.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank liked_copper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed June 10, 2007

My wife and I had our first visit to NYC. Room was not big, but nice. My son said it was bigger than the Milford Plaza which he stayed at in January. Staff was very courteous. Restaurant was nice. Stay off the 5th, 16th, and 25th floors. That is where the ice machines are. Very noisy as soon as you get off the elevators and the halls were much warmer.

• Liked — Good value for the money
  • Disliked — A little too quiet on the weekend
  • Stayed May 2007
Naples, FL
Reviewed June 3, 2007

Stayed here during December 2006 for some holiday shopping and sightseeing. Perfect location adjacent to Bryant Park which is now a picturesque ice skating rink and artists' fair with yummy hot chocolate and treats. One block off Fifth Avenue which is ideal for window shopping, but beware of the holiday crowds. Of course, Also adjacent to NY Public Library and a nice leisurely walk to Broadway. THis was helpful because we could not get a cab after the show, so we just walked back to the Marriott. Breakfast buffet is plentiful, fresh , and nice selection. NOt sure of the cost because we had free vouchers. Our room faced 40th street and the noise was not that bad. All staff is very accommodating. Their recommendation of pizza joint down the street was exactly what we wanted. Rooms are newly renovated and clean. Nice Bath and Body Works toiletries. THis is not your hip, see and be seen hotel, but rather a decent choice for shopping, sightseeing, and dining in the heart of Manhattan.

• Liked — Convenience to shopping, dining, sightseeing. Clean rooms. Friendly service.
  • Disliked — Pricey during December. $650 for 1 night.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TakeMeAwayNaples
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2007

I read previous reviews of this hotel which were quite positive and I decided to stay here for one night for business. On the positive side, It was quite clean, renovated and the lobby was basically a place to check in with an elevator....the restaurant was off the lobby. It's in a great location off Fifth Avenue and 40th Street.

I was shocked at how small this hotel is in comparison to other Courtyards/hotels I have stayed at in Manhattan and other large cities. I am actually a New Yorker so I am very familiar with Manhattan and this hotel was located very close to where I had an early business meeting so I thought I would spend the night rather than having to take a very early train in from the suburbs. I checked in about 9PM and the room had a queen size bed, a credenza with a flat screen TV, two night tables and a small bathroom (usually considered the size of a "half bath"). This was the entire room for $419 per nite (including all taxes).
It was a good thing I only needed to sleep here and check out since there was no chair (other than the desk chair) to even sit on and you bumped into the bed each time you tried to move around the room!
So.....I still say this location is great but be prepared to be claustrophobic in the "queen size" room or book a King or double bed room for a bit more money to have more space.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the small size of the accommodations
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank rhkfreespirit
Toronto, ON
Reviewed April 24, 2007

The good:
- location. Just off 5th ave and Bryant Park.
- front desk service was excellent.
- Room size was above average for NYC.
- Bed was comfortable
- best iron I ever used
- Bar made a great martini

The bad:
- Shower head was broken and I cut my hand trying to fix it.
- In-room safe was broken
- Worst of all...this is a non-smoking hotel and I awoke to the smell
of smoke coming through the vent in the bathroom every morning. Disgusting. I hope the inconsiderate person or people who smoked in their room were charged the appropriate fee to "smoke-free" their room again.

Stayed April 2007
4 Thank tommydcanada
Providence
Reviewed March 29, 2007

My husband has to travel to NY for business a few times a year. Me and the kids go with him each time. his job usually books at a "posh" hotel but we have opted to have them book us at this hotel every time we go! We absoloutely love it. The staff is amazing (Frank, Oriando(sp?), Willy, and so many more!). the recognize us each time we pull up and take very good care of us. I usually have my boys in a double stroller, and they are excellent with helping me. They walk down to 5th to flag me a taxi anytime I need one(when it is raining), and they always have the info I need on anything. The rooms are clean and spacious, and great bath and body works toiletries. I find Salmon River(their restaurant) to be a little pricey and not much selection (I have kids!) but Cafe Charlie next door is awesome! They have a great breakfast, and anything you need 24 hours a day! Very close to everything, and easy to walk to anything. The bellmen help us unload our roofrack, and talk to and entertain the boys(ages 2 and 4), whenever we see them. I can not say enough about this hotel, esp. the staff (though it could just be we are good tippers LOL)
I highly recommend to everyone!

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank bludfalcon
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 24, 2007

My friend and I arrived at the Marriott Courtyard at 3 East 40th Street Friday evening looking forward to our weekend in New York ; we were not disappointed. Staff members that we encountered were polite, knowledgeable, and professional. I received a phone call in my room after checking in and the evening before checkout to make sure everything was fine with our room and to see if we needed any services. The room was clean, the furnishings new, and although a little on the cozy side with two full ( very comfortable) beds, it was more than adequate given the small amount of time we spent there. We were there for a show at Town Hall so the location was perfect and within walking distance of most of the places we visited this trip. Our first night we ate at the restaurant, Salmon River; not being gourmands, we found the food good. They have a very reasonable pre-theater dinner menu. Next door on the other side is Charlie's Cafe open 24 hours. I think this hotel is a great value given its location and will definitely stay there my next trip to the city.

• Liked — The bed was very comfortable.
  • Disliked — The room was a little cozy with two full beds.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends